Harapeko Oyako to Motokare Yanushi - Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
I think that last page where the MC and the daughter have basically the same reaction, and the mum being happy that they get along, foreshadows that they're really 'similar' (genetically speaking).

Also, it seems to be a trend for Japanese romance comics at the moment; they seem to really be interested in (for lack of a better term) "used women".
We're getting MC's falling in love with Sluts left and right, and now we're seeing MC's falling in love with women who have children.
That incelly smell of someone incelly.

Dex-chan lover
It's an obvious lie. Women are indirect. This is exactly the kind of pointless, obviously-bullshit pretense a woman would come up with to do this. And you'd buy it because you can't imagine any reason she'd lie to you about it, so you give her the benefit of the doubt, just like you personally are here. She planned to pressure him to stay, and since she can't just say "I'm here to pressure you into letting me mooch off you", she says she's there to "check up on him"... with all her clothes... and her daughter... entirely unannounced... by trespassing his backyard.

Also she's doing the typical toxic woman thing where she does something wrong, then shows up like nothing happened without so much as an apology; as if pretending there's no problem suddenly makes it go away.

You have a weird idea of what constitutes a "bad person".
Really want to answer to this, but right now I don't have a keyboard and writing long comments with the Steam Deck touchscreen is pure pain. Posting this so I remember to do it when back home.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone who sleeps around is bad, just not bad bad, more like low to middling bad.
Well, that's your moral judgement, I won't argue with it.

However I would say that regardless of your thoughts on it, it's still the woman's right to do it, since it doesn't hurt anyone other than possibly herself (hypothetically anyway). People are allowed to be self destructive.

Also, there seems to be a trend of men forever condemning women for this behaviour, and while I can understand condemning the past behaviour, a person should be judged by whether or not they learnt from their past mistakes. If a woman sleeps around the past, which you think is bad, and learns to agree with your position and stops sleeping around; should she still forever be judged by that behaviour? Are people not allowed to learn and grow?

There's also stuff that could be said about these women having children, particularly as a single mother, but I won't get into that.
Anyway, I used your single sentence for a springboard to shoot some shit, don't think I'm accusing you of thinking anything in particular.

However I would say that regardless of your thoughts on it, it's still the woman's right to do it, since it doesn't hurt anyone other than possibly herself (hypothetically anyway). People are allowed to be self destructive.
Herself, any man she might have potentially married, every woman whose chastity she's turned into a liability, every guy she's decided to screw over...

People don't exist in a vacuum.

Also, there seems to be a trend of men forever condemning women for this behaviour, and while I can understand condemning the past behaviour, a person should be judged by whether or not they learnt from their past mistakes. If a woman sleeps around the past, which you think is bad, and learns to agree with your position and stops sleeping around; should she still forever be judged by that behaviour? Are people not allowed to learn and grow?
This isn't something you "grow" from. It's basic female psychology. Female hypergamy, along with the loss of pair bonding, basically guarantee that they only ever end up worse from the experience. Their standards go up over time, since they instinctively confuse sex and sexual attention with a signal of their quality: In their minds, they aaaalmost got that one really hot guy, and now the next one needs to be at least that good or she's settling.

An analogy: Did that torn knee tendon make you a better basketball player, or did it scar you permanently?

Dex-chan lover
People are allowed to be self destructive.
any man she might have potentially married
I would consider being deceptive a different sin.
every woman whose chastity she's turned into a liability
While I do agree with you that the sex positive movement has done such a thing, a single woman who likes sex has not. Lumping a group and an individual together like that is a bad idea.
every guy she's decided to screw over...
Again, we're only talking about women who like to sleep around, not cheaters, I don't think there's anyone who's going to defend a cheater; man or woman.

Ultimately my stance is; if it doesn't hurt others, then I don't need to stick my nose into it.

This isn't something you "grow" from. It's basic female psychology. Female hypergamy, along with the loss of pair bonding, basically guarantee that they only ever end up worse from the experience. Their standards go up over time, since they instinctively confuse sex and sexual attention with a signal of their quality: In their minds, they aaaalmost got that one really hot guy, and now the next one needs to be at least that good or she's settling.
And women can think that men are in constant state of lust for other people ("men are wolves"), and that men will eventually leave them for the next young hot thing, so why should they be chaste?
We're not primitive beasts still living in caves and throwing spears at each other. We've overcome many of our more stupid and foolish instincts; though this isn't to say that there aren't men and women who don't fall to such basic desires.

But I will judge people for who they are before me, not as some group collective.

An analogy: Did that torn knee tendon make you a better basketball player, or did it scar you permanently?
I don't see it as comparable, because I don't see it as akin to a permanent injury.
Are you the same as you were as a child? As a teenager? As last year? We're constantly growing, and hopefully doing better.

Anyway, just like how you can have differing views on promiscuity, we obviously have differing views on people bettering themselves and whether they should be judged by their past. No point on debating this further, since this is hardly a factual argument and more of a discussion of beliefs. You can have your opinions, and I can have mine.

The ultimate takeaway is, I guess, I just don't mind sluts, though I wouldn't date them, ha! :dogkek:
And a reformed slut though? Well.... Maybe, depends on the woman.

Ah, I will say, it's amusing that we can cleanly discuss this rather divisive point of view, meanwhile the cunty white knighting feminist (whom I would likely agree more with on these things) goes for childish name calling, assumptions, and demonisation.

Dex-chan lover
Also, it seems to be a trend for Japanese romance comics at the moment; they seem to really be interested in (for lack of a better term) "used women".
We're getting MC's falling in love with Sluts left and right, and now we're seeing MC's falling in love with women who have children.
I heard that this is getting more common and frequent in certain societies where there is not enough women to go around, and so any partner is better than none in the men’s perspective.

Of course there are those who refuse to settle for less. The governments are whining about the apocalyptic birth rate. But it’s a fun concept for doujins since they decide to legalise all sorts of cr*p to raise that rate, like Zettai Junshu series :02:

Bro WTF. Why so many people in here. I'm curious
Honestly dood I have no clue...series isn't even that interesting, at least not from what I've read so far.

I was hoping that maybe my joke about the horror tag essentially lurking in the distance was going to be brought up someone that has read more, or that someone would say the series was worth occasionally checking up on, but all I've seen so far are lines of dialogue that make me thing reading *catcher in the rye in german would make for a better use of my time...
*note, I haven't even read it in english

Bro WTF. Why so many people in here. I'm curious
It's mostly because some of the comments were very harsh + some made definitive (and very negative) statements about women IRL, and it devolved into a series of replies, counter-replies accusations and insults from there. A significant percentage of the comments are written by handful of people. I will say, there are some good laughs to be had from the banter, at least.

The story isn't very good so far (but it's not a crime against humanity). The problem is that almost no work was put into justifying the premise. The author is aware that the premise is stretching things (the characters make comment like "calling the police" or "do you get scammed often?", but no good arguments are brought up to make the readers go "Ah, yes, I can see why the characters would do this"). You are just expected to roll with it, because that's the clichè and we need to hurry up with this slice of life.

Edit:

Although reading back through this thread, the incel accusations were popping off straight from page 1. XD XD XD

I would consider being deceptive a different sin.
I think you misunderstood what I said there. If she hadn't been a slut, a decent man might have married her. And any man she does hypothetically marry now ends up with a slut.
While I do agree with you that the sex positive movement has done such a thing, a single woman who likes sex has not. Lumping a group and an individual together like that is a bad idea.
If there's anything I've learned these past 15 years it's that you get what you tolerate. What one person does is what all people do. Like I said: People don't live in a vacuum. Failing to realize a movement is just a collection of individual people is failing to see the trees through the forest.

Again, we're only talking about women who like to sleep around, not cheaters, I don't think there's anyone who's going to defend a cheater; man or woman.
Who said anything about cheating? If you think the only way a woman can hurt a man is by cheating on him, you haven't considered the endless possibilities.

Example 1:
She thinks she can do better, but she doesn't want to be alone. So she "settles" for a guy that's actually objectively out of her league while something better shows up. (This is that one that ends up with the guy proposing to her, and she turns him down)

Example 2:
She decides she wants to get married, so she "settles" for a guy that's actually objectively out of her league, then years in, decides that he's not exciting enough, so she divorces him.

And women can think that men are in constant state of lust for other people ("men are wolves"), and that men will eventually leave them for the next young hot thing, so why should they be chaste?
They don't, so this is a non-argument. Their complaint is that men use them and leave. Which is its own brand of inaccurate, since the problem is of their own making since they keep sleeping with the same few men, while the rest of us fight for scraps.

I don't see it as comparable, because I don't see it as akin to a permanent injury.
Then you're ignoring what I said about pair bonding and hypergamy.
Anyway, just like how you can have differing views on promiscuity, we obviously have differing views on people bettering themselves and whether they should be judged by their past. No point on debating this further, since this is hardly a factual argument and more of a discussion of beliefs. You can have your opinions, and I can have mine.
No, this is actually a factual argument about people's biology. I'm telling you how they work, and you're giving me what you want to be true. This is actually worse than my saying people hate pain, and you pointing out there are masochists, since that's at least an actual exception to the issue. Here I'm telling you about the issues with promiscuity, and you're agreeing, only to turn around at the last second with a "BUT!"
Ah, I will say, it's amusing that we can cleanly discuss this rather divisive point of view, meanwhile the cunty white knighting feminist (whom I would likely agree more with on these things) goes for childish name calling, assumptions, and demonisation.
If Communists could be reasonable, they wouldn't be Communists.
Although reading back through this thread, the incel accusations were popping off straight from page 1. XD XD XD
Commies gonna Commie, amirite?

Users who are viewing this thread