Harapeko Oyako to Motokare Yanushi - Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
I guess there is no “higher moral” ground than to call her a “bitch” and a “whore” and to say that the MC should groom the daughter, I suppose. Those are the people I’m talking about and those are the people you are defending. Get real and grow up.
Well the groomers, were becoming powerful lately, when in the past they were BURNED at the stake in PLAZAS by BUNCH.

cuckkkkkkk
+ possible BF of a 14 year old. Groom. ER.

Dex-chan lover
People are drawing the pitchforks and torches a bit too early IMO. Give it a few more chapters, and if there's still no development, then yeah, manga sucks. But for now I say let them cook. Just cuz one of the characters is a sucky person doesn't mean the manga is sucky, not until it's clear that their suckiness is unintentional or even elevated as something good.

Fed-Kun's army
People deffending the mom like she isn't leeching of the dude conveniently ignoring that they don't have any contact for 17 years which is pretty much half of his life and there is NO confirmation she's helping with money, cuz at least with chores we know she isn't doing shit
Even her daughter is more of a help than her, at least the dude pretended to put some limits to that lazyass mf though it's obvious he is too much of a pushover to actually make her cook her own food
I think part of what makes this comment section so fun is how y'all are actually just MAKING SHIT UP to be mad about lol.

There's no confirmation that she's helping with money, but there's also no confirmation that she's NOT helping with money either. The only thing we ACTUALLY know is that she's not cooking without his help. There's not been a single word about who's doing the laundry or cleaning the bathroom or any other chore

Fed-Kun's army
This is just speculation, but I think the reason they broke up is because she moved to the city for a career opportunity. He might not have thought he make it in the city, so he stayed behind & they parted ways.

I imagine her side of the story is that after moving to the city, she meets someone, things happen, then baby is acquired. Eventually, things stop going as she planned and she's left raising her daughter on her own. At some point, she decided to give up and go back to her hometown.

I have know idea what her gameplan was when she got back

Dex-chan lover
The threat to kick them out will always be empty because the setting where the three is under one roof is necessary for the cooking and series to continue. Just like Kyou mo Veranda de it’s plot armour.

So our MC is expected to give in every time. FMC will continue to treat our MC as her meal ticket, though her daughter is more self aware now.

Unless the series gets cancelled at some point or MC puts some raw chicken and eggs in front of them and declares they need to learn how to make a basic meal.

Fed-Kun's army
"It felt like she was pushing herself"
Reminded me of
iu

Dex-chan lover
The threat to kick them out will always be empty because the setting where the three is under one roof is necessary for the cooking and series to continue. Just like Kyou mo Veranda de it’s plot armour.

So our MC is expected to give in every time. FMC will continue to treat our MC as her meal ticket, though her daughter is more self aware now.

Unless the series gets cancelled at some point or MC puts some raw chicken and eggs in front of them and declares they need to learn how to make a basic meal.
Either that or MC cooks with the daughter. I don't like it, even if wholesome.

People are drawing the pitchforks and torches a bit too early IMO. Give it a few more chapters, and if there's still no development, then yeah, manga sucks. But for now I say let them cook. Just cuz one of the characters is a sucky person doesn't mean the manga is sucky, not until it's clear that their suckiness is unintentional or even elevated as something good.
History repeats itself, especially that Usagi Drop. Specifically on the DROP part.

Dex-chan lover
I think part of what makes this comment section so fun is how y'all are actually just MAKING SHIT UP to be mad about lol.

There's no confirmation that she's helping with money, but there's also no confirmation that she's NOT helping with money either. The only thing we ACTUALLY know is that she's not cooking without his help. There's not been a single word about who's doing the laundry or cleaning the bathroom or any other chore
dont you get it those fffffffffffucking bittttttches are all the sssssssssame, I know because I've never mmmmmmmmmmmet one

This is just speculation, but I think the reason they broke up is because she moved to the city for a career opportunity. He might not have thought he make it in the city, so he stayed behind & they parted ways.

I imagine her side of the story is that after moving to the city, she meets someone, things happen, then baby is acquired. Eventually, things stop going as she planned and she's left raising her daughter on her own. At some point, she decided to give up and go back to her hometown.

I have know idea what her gameplan was when she got back
Of course right, why would I assume the worst and not the best with such a good character that invites themselves to another's house after nearly two decades of no contact and is brushing off the idea of looking for a place for her as some kind of joke right? She seems so responsible with what the author has shown so far.

The comments remain a gold mine, as expected. A significant chunk is split between treating her as the return of the Demon Lord, or invoking empathy while hurling all kinds of insults at real people over their opinion of fictional ones. Then again, there is so little happening, you can't exactly talk about the manga. XD

As far as the plot goes, we continue going nowhere pretty fast. The characters keep interacting as if they never actually talk about anything relevant to their situation: nothing about how they broke up, why is she raising the daughter alone, how come they needed help from a guy they didn't interact with for 17 years all of a sudden and all the nice stuff that is currently unaddressed from the previous chapters.

Now we learn (together with the protagonist) that Kyou isn't doing much to look for another place (really unclear why they had to go to him, if they can move somewhere else, since that means they have enough money to go to a cheap place in the meantime). He is establishing some boundaries, but how does it make sense when just last chapter he was saying he'd be fine if she was tricking him? Also, love the "If I don't say something, you won't even try to move out." or the "cooking is a complete mystery" angle, the author sure is working hard to make Kyou incompetent.

Even the cooking/eating stuff isn't exactly the focus at this point, so I guess the only "progress" we had is that now we know the two have a good vibe going? Are there any bets as to what the reveal for the breakup will be?

Fed-Kun's army
Of course right, why would I assume the worst and not the best with such a good character that invites themselves to another's house after nearly two decades of no contact and is brushing off the idea of looking for a place for her as some kind of joke right? She seems so responsible with what the author has shown so far.
You do realize you're reading a cute, slice of life romcom right? We're gonna get some sad backstory, but everything else will be wholesome fluff. That's how these stories play out

Users who are viewing this thread