Harapeko Oyako to Motokare Yanushi - Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
"I wish we all had private security to keep rats away..."
Aaaaw, you poor thing. I guess that GOOD, FREE PUBLIC SECURITY is for us, eurocommies, isn't? :dogkek:
I see a lot of haters with zero empathy in this thread. Don't like this manga? Easy: Go read one of the other zillion ones in MD! But, no! You must spew your hate here, chapter after chapter. "Let's tank the rating!" What a failure...

Thank you for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
I agree with you and I can sympathize with your statement if we were living in a just world, but "two functional adults".

Sadly, I can see only one functional adult here. Given what we have in the latest chapter, a functional adult would properly explain their situation to another functional adult without letting them second guess the reasons for staying over in their own house.
This is a Romance manga. Proper communication is NOT ALLOWED.

Supporter
It’s so farcical that he doesn’t ask about her situation and she doesn’t feel obligated to explain it. It’s quite inconsistent with the personalities of the people involved.

Double-page supporter
The reason I dislike the mother and the MC doesn't have anything to do with the fact that she has a child or anything like that.
It's because she frustrates the hell out of me because she can't communicate her intentions.
It's to the point where it's super weird and abnormal.

Like , I haven't seen you in 17 years, I have a kid and want to move in.
Can't she explain what's going on despite living there for like a week already?
Can't he ask what's going on??
The longer this goes on, the worse written it feels.

Dex-chan lover
Plus oyakodon IS crime.
Interestingly enough it isn't (assuming that you're talking about a daughter that you don't have a parental relationship with). If the daughter is past the age of consent then a Mother Daughter Double Whopper is as legal as any other threesome.

Astoundingly, sibling incest is not illegal in Japan. Only sibling MARRIAGE is. Go to this Wikipedia page and search for Japan. (Someone made this claim once and I could not find anything to refute it.)

It also is legal in three US States...

In all but two states (and the special case of Ohio, which "targets only parental figures"),[1] incest is criminalized between consenting adults. In New Jersey and Rhode Island, incest between consenting adults (16 or over for Rhode Island, 18 or over for New Jersey) is not a criminal offense, though marriage is not allowed in either state. New Jersey also increases the severity of underage sex offenses by a degree if they are also incestuous, and also criminalizes incest with 16-17 year olds (the normal age of consent in New Jersey is 16). Ohio allows incest between consenting adults only when one party is not a parental figure (see table below) to the other.

Fed-Kun's army
I can't fathom the understanding of all the people who see nothing wrong here. Y'all must either be very privileged or have no self conscience to think like that. It would have been different if he was a long time friend or at least she was paying some money as rent,but not only is she living there free while letting her daughter behave rudely with the guy who put a roof over their heads, but also eating all the food and drinking alcohol to which she hasn't contributed to at all. Not only that,all this is for a relationship which was only a few months long . I have no expectations from the guy at this point,but the shamelessness of the mother continues to amaze me every chapter.
I think a big part of that is that this is a work of fiction with the primary goal of being cute fluff. Those of us that understand that assume the boring stuff like their finances are hashed out off screen. It's safe to assume that, because she has a job, that she's at least helping pay for groceries. If they ever do a "shopping trip" chapter, this will likely be proven or disproven

Y'all also keep bringing up how rude the daughter is. Her manners could use some work, but she's not really done anything either. She's a brat & he's not above playing tricks on her in return, so it levels out

As for the length of their relationship, this seems to be going on "soulmate" logic, which I'll admit, is kinda weak. I was expecting a "childhood friends to lovers" situation before the breakup, but now I'm not so sure

Dex-chan lover
This manga's chapters are really like junk food. How long does the author have to keep hiding her background and motives before revealing em? Just have her monologue or sth if they don't want the mc to know for now

Banned
Who knows huh? Glad I don't need to meet similar girl irl. Not anymore.
Edit : ppl u can't insult others cus u don't agree with their opinion about this fictional story. If u do so then u're far worse than lefties.

Power Uploader
let's ignore the fact the mom is not a likeable as a human being, the many plot holes like why she couldn't go to a hotel, someone else or family member, how the author is hiding many facts on purpose or the vibes are so weird often times between the characters right after somewhat a nice interaction. you are acting like a basement dweller yourself by claiming the score should be higher and everything is the fault of her not being virgin
Except that the comments exactly confirm what I'm saying. Did you read the comments of all these chapters?
Several titles gets low rating cause the FMC is "used goods". Just look to "Meguro-san" and "Higehiro".

Many terrible written Isekai's with author self insert MC get above a 7. Even if the FMC isnt likable, the story isnt that garbage (<7 rating on MD = garbage).

Dex-chan lover
Reminder that this was the first thing they talked about in chapter 1:
tmUpyQe.png

and this manga has romance and slice of life tags. and the description of this chapter is "the 17 year long love story." and we just found out that she can apparently vividly remember the two months she spent dating this guy, and we, the audience, have it visually conveyed to us that she's flirting with him via out of universe visual effects. every sign that exists is pointing to the idea that they're mutually down bad.
it wouldn't surprise me if we eventually do find out that minori is kyou's niece or there was an arranged marriage or something like that.

Dex-chan lover
"I wish we all had private security to keep rats away..."
Aaaaw, you poor thing. I guess that GOOD, FREE PUBLIC SECURITY is for us, eurocommies, isn't? :dogkek:
I see a lot of haters with zero empathy in this thread. Don't like this manga? Easy: Go read one of the other zillion ones in MD! But, no! You must spew your hate here, chapter after chapter. "Let's tank the rating!" What a failure...

Thank you for the translation!
Oh, I see! This manga is immune to literary criticism because clearly, every plot hole is a hidden masterpiece and every cliche is intentional genius. How could I possibly question such perfection?

Dex-chan lover
you know what i'm also pretty sure that if i was reading the description of a romance novel and it was something along the lines of "single mother left homeless after her apartment is destroyed is forced to move in with financially stable professional painter who owns his own residence, is a fantastic cook who prepares every meal for her, takes care of all of the household chores, likes animals, gets along with her kid, but is also slightly brooding despite having secretly been in love with her for like 20 years after they briefly dated in college" i'd 100% assume that it was a self insert fantasy for single moms.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh, I see! This manga is immune to literary criticism because clearly, every plot hole is a hidden masterpiece and every cliche is intentional genius. How could I possibly question such perfection?
You say that, but there's been no literary criticism, just people bitching about the premise & whining about a 4-koma manga not spelling out character's entire backstories in the first chapter

This manga was never going to make you happy, no matter what it did. It has nothing to do with the writing quality, the only thing that's mattered has been that she's an EX from a long time ago with a kid

Dex-chan lover
You say that, but there's been no literary criticism, just people bitching about the premise & whining about a 4-koma manga not spelling out character's entire backstories in the first chapter

This manga was never going to make you happy, no matter what it did. It has nothing to do with the writing quality, the only thing that's mattered has been that she's an EX from a long time ago with a kid
Just say you don't want your manga criticized. You're just grasping at straws. :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread