Hatsukoi Zombie - Vol. 17 Ch. 167 - The Start Of An Ordinary Love

Dex-chan lover
@avgjoegeek I'd agree, given the circumstances of the entire premise this was the only remotely satisfying ending the author was ever going to give us. The other scenarios were either unlikely to be approved by the editors, or just flat out worse, like the ambiguous "our story is only just beginning, nothing is even resolved, but the manga is just done so suck it up y'all" sort of deal you see sometimes when someone can't nut up and just do the harem ending or whatever the hell they actually wanted to do but either they or their colleagues talked them out of.

Ending was pretty unsatisfying for how much it got dragged out, couldn't imagine it ending any other way though unfortunately.

Contributor
Picked it up when I noticed it has ended. Ebino is still best girl and I feel this ending is somewhat rushed and empty. Oh well.

Glad that ririsu won in the end but it REALLY should have ended 30 chapters ago. I don’t get what people mean by saying it feels rushed, to me the ending felt like they dragged out the inevitable way too long. Honestly around chapter 129 when Ebino got rejected, Eve had realized that the purpose of the zombies were to disappear, Tarou knew that Ririsu was a girl, they had mutual feelings, and etc. It should’ve ended there.

Double-page supporter
The ending just felt so lackluster and meaningless. At first the story kept dragging on and then all of a sudden it was super rushed. I loved Ebino the most and Eve and even Ibusuki, but by the end the only one I cared about anymore was Ebino. Tarou's feelings are complete bullshit and I hate how Ibusuki just goes along with it so easily. I really loved this manga but I can see why people would give it a low score due to the ending. Damn.

Despite that though, big thanks to Dropout and everyone else who worked on this manga. It was a hell of a ride that's for sure. Peace.

Fed-Kun's army
I agree that there is some fat they could have trimmed, but i thought the ending was fantastic, they even gave Ebino a proper ending that lets her break from this silly love triangle.

Dex-chan lover
Who is Nao again? Also bit of a lack luster ending, should have ended it last chapter. Oh well I learnt a bit from the ending too, if you do the intense climax then keep going randomly for 1 chapter it's kind of meh.

Aggregator gang
That was a nice ride and not so bittersweet as one might think because the whole premise is founded on the fact that Eve is bound to disappear at the end; there was no alternative (or we would have slid into a different genre) and Eve's ultimate fate was predictable from the first chapter. Also, there was only ever one heroine, namely Ririto. The story is centred around her after all, and Ebino was never introduced nor developed as a serious contender.
To conclude I'll say I enjoyed the ride very much and anyway it was all about the journey (namely the many cute faces of the girls and their cute outfits) rather than the end.

Power Uploader
Well.. I had this title on my list for a while.. and read all chapters now. It was a fun read, sometimes frustrating but oh well... Ibusuki was cute.

I FINALLY ACCEPTED IT, I NO LONGER WANNA DIE, I HAVE READ THIS IN ONE SITTING AND I HONESTLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO FEEL, I'M JUST HAPPY.

Dex-chan lover
Ah I wish they show more of the relationship. But that was a nice read. The premise was clear from the beginning. But the author managed to put in some elements of surprise, like how the kiss became a headbutt.

Fed-Kun's army
Ye I dropped this a while ago since I knew how this was gonna end and I didn't care about anyone but Ebino. Eve isn't real. The bitch tsundere is annoying so Ebino being a good girl with a nice body there was no way I wouldn't root for her. God when will author's write decent tsunderes, Or make the lead tsunderes much more appealing. Very rarely do I find lead tsunderes good and this one aint't. Predictable boring end

Even though I always knew Tarou couldn't have a real relationship with eve, it still makes me cry when she left.

Eve could just absorb all the heartbreak zombie energy and be able to touch tarou. that way none would be bothered.

All I want is for Eve to be able to touch and live happily with tarou.

Users who are viewing this thread