Hazure Waku no Joutai Ijou Skill de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin Suru made - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Goddess Announcing The Summon

Contributor
Let your classmates get fucked up too mc and show mercy only towards that girl that tried to save you.

Man, another one? How many times have I already seen this exact story before...

Double-page supporter
I thought the MCs arguments were stupid. But when he gave the goddess the bird with a good ol fuck you, that was nice. MC has me sold. For now.

Seems like there may of been like 2 people worth sparing.. the class rep girl and there was some dude in the back watching it unfold. Rest were your typical peanut gallery characters. You can tell that big guys going to try rape the class rep at some point. Or try too I should say. Wouldnt like it to happen.

But I cant disagree with others here. it was pretty generic, run of the mill story we see all over the place.

Literally arifureta but yue as an elf, now its only a matter of time til he crafts some sort of weapon and names it in german

Dex-chan lover
Paralysis is already a god-tier skill if people can't resist it.

Seriously, paralyze a target, then slit their throat. Or some other vulnerable area.

There's a reason why Hold Person/Monster is considered a save-or-die spell in D&D.

Dex-chan lover
Since it was the shitty Goddess who determined their 'aptitude', I'm guessing it's not an absolute measure of power. More like how useful they are as her pawns.

I can completely see where the ranking comes from for the skills. In a combat situation in a medieval fantasy setting, not having any attack based skills would lower your rank, HOWEVER that is only if you are solo. Also keep in mind he is still a hero even if rank e so his abilities are probably at least 10x of an average adventurer. I hope we get a more detailed explanation regarding the ranking or skill system.

Also, PLEASE don't let this just be a copy of Arifureta !!

Even if MC's skills are less useful against certain bosses or in some 1v1 cases, he still doesn't have to be disposed of. I mean, his skills are still very useful in many situations if used right, or even cooperate with other classmates/heroes in a combo way.

@HaikenEdge,
Of course these mindless sheep would completely follow the goddess who assaulted an "S-rank" hero out of blind ignorance instead of fear; it would have been a much more interesting story if they class had all abandoned the main character, but had done so out of fear after seeing what the goddess did to one of the most powerful of them.

I mean, I get that they author wants to write a revenge story, so I get the way selfish way the characters acted, but I really do think injecting the element of fear into the class would have made for a much more interesting story and would made a reconciliation even interesting.

Exactly what I was thinking, the classmates just aren't giving convincing and motivated reactions, most of their reactions are so unrealistic and indifferent that they are made to look like bland background characters with no plan to have their characters developed. I feel like the author kinda just want to use them as a source for MC's motivation only without much well-thought creativity into the background settings and characters.

Dex-chan lover
@boogle

In a combat situation in a medieval fantasy setting, not having any attack based skills would lower your rank, HOWEVER that is only if you are solo.
Not even close to true. Status effects like paralysis, petrification and sleep are considered save-or-die in D&D precisely because, when applied, they taken enemies completely out of a fight and render them helpless, meaning you generally don't even need a skill to get rid of them afterwards.

@HaikenEdge notice the SOLO part, especially in D&D if you were solo, facing 2 mobs, you would need to spend 1 turn paralyzing someone, then attacking them, instead of just attacking them. It's even pointed out in the manga, in a one on one situation, with no external interference it's good skills.

This all changes when you have companions obviously, since support classes are needed usually. Again, I hope we get to know more about the skill system and why he is only "e"

Dex-chan lover
@boogle

Actually, you'd use one turn paralyzing one, then the next the other; after that, you're out of combat, and it's no longer a matter of turns.

Dex-chan lover
@boogle In the manga, there's no evidence that he can't affect more than one target at a time. At least not yet. He was able to have two skills active at the same time as well. And he got some crazy level-ups already. So who can say what's possible.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone : there is also no evidence that he can multi target. The problem is the manga is skipping all of the description. So we know next to nothing about what is going on. (The webnovel at least has some of that description, like stars and MP costs/totals, not sure how much is in the light novel adaption this is based on)

@HaikenEdge : but you still have to deal with that guy for a turn, which can easily be fatal. And that us only if it is a long duration, and not short or save every turn.

Dex-chan lover
@sjmcc13 That's my point. There's no evidence how his skills work, beyond that it worked on the minotaur. MCs statement that it's only good in 1-on-1 is dumb, since he never tested multi-targeting.

Edit: also, he never tried just single-casting Paralyze on 2 targets. Since both Paralyze and Poison could be active at once, using Paralyze 2 times might be possible.

Users who are viewing this thread