Helck

Literally a gem on a beach full of rhinestones and a must read. It feels a lot like Bone or usagi yojimbo. Definitely one of my new favorite series.

I have read and finished this a year ago but never got the chance to drop a comment about it, Helck is a gem among gem and to those who are going to read it well your in for a ride.

Dex-chan lover
A masterpiece
Also Mikaros is equivalent to a super durable cockroach

Fed-Kun's army
Very good development and likeable characters! Highly recommended as a series that doesn't overstay its welcome

A 10/10 manga, the characters all feel distinct enough and likeable and the world is explored very well, I like how it manages to do whatever it wants "Ok now the series is a battle shounen" "No wait let's write a drama better"

Group Leader
This manga deserves more exposure, it's so damn good.
Likeable characters
Great comedy
Helck rage scene was epic

Group Leader
I forgot to write my review after 8 months, damn.
Here, a copy from my comment from the epilogue chapter:
4pek.gif
tenor.gif

giphy.gif
Somehow, I'm happy about their relationship.

I'm exaggerating, I know, but that's how I really feel.

Anyway, this was the first manga that I've read and damn, I want more, is what I felt after finishing this.
10/10

Really fuckin good and got me really emotional at parts, genuinely a great find i found from just browsing the comedy and fantasy sections. 9/10

I loved this manga, amazing characters, art, and story. My only complaint is the last battle is dogshit and I just skimmed through it, but the ending of the story was pretty sweet. 9/10.

I love this story its a masterpiece in my opinion. Although I had to stop reading at one point of a characters backstory because it was so heavy with raw emotion, it made me not want to finish it. It really is a good series and recommend it if you are interested in dramas in a medieval setting.

This series is truly magnificent!
Helck is the greatest hero
with great comrades

How come I never heard about this manga before
It's absurd

Contributor
I probably need to reread this great manga again, now that we got a sequel.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm only a dozen chapters in but the use of "Demon King" is really inconsistent as to what rank the title's supposed to have, especially when the graphic at the start of chapter 4 shows the top leader as the "Demon Emperor" instead and the Demon Kings as lesser regional lords or something. Is there some kind of translation error?

This manga isn't entirely my preference, nevertheless I still had much fun reading it..Except..Except the constant omakes inbetween all the chapters were tedious, to say the least. The omakes weren't the issue, but it interrupts the flow of the previous chapter, especially when it was reaching a climax or heated moment. Now, this was mostly a problem for readers (like me) that read the entire manga in one go, rather waiting for each chapter to come out.

I’d give this a 7/10. It’s great don’t get me wrong. But the final act got too convoluted quickly with random events and just...too much plot? At one point the villain switches 3 times from Character to disembodied being.

I love this manga -even with the far-less-than stellar finale. At least the ending itself was good.

I kinda don't want a sequel, it's a complete story. Everything was more or less wrapped up, I mean, in terms of conflict. We're sorta left off on both sides rebuilding, but I don't really wanna see that get interrupted with another massive plot problem...

Still though, I love this. Gonna reread it for the hell of it.

Users who are viewing this thread