Henkyou no Roukishi - Bard Loen

Double-page supporter
I do like how this chapter shows the world moves on even without bards involvement

Aggregator gang
I have no ambition to go past the first arc. An amazing story unlike anything I've read in manga was told in 15 chapters. To me the sun has risen and fallen on this story, even if Aidra would like us to continue, I am content.

Though embarrassing to admit this site crashed when I was nearly the finale and found myself extremely nauseated I couldn't continue immediately. Worrying about plot points, the letter and who would die. I don't think I would of been able to last during the initial release schedule.

The things I've wished to say the most, that fill me with a deep melancholy:
I found it gut wrenching Brad could never of protected Aidra. He swore to protect the people, never could he of stopped the marriage which temporarily stopped wars, no matter what love was between them. As to what type of love, I'm not sure. If I had to guess it seemed pure like soulmates devoid of lust or greed, beautiful in it's tranquil mutual love and admiration. After the incident in the forest it seems Aidra understood the roles they had to play, being greedy would only hurt those around them. Being strong men and women their duty to their people comes first above all.

I just wish they could of said goodbye, fucking dammit that wasn't fair why didn't they get to say goodbye

A masterpiece of writing 10/10

a masterpiece of melancholy with just the right amount of lighthearted moments; beautiful, heartbreaking and captivating

Dex-chan lover
This one is really amazing! The feels of what he couldn't do, and what he did to fulfill his unfulfilled promise, is simply marvelous.

When i stumbled over this i was hesitant to read it despite the rating since the first few pages seemed mediocre and i must admit i have never been so happy to be so extremely wrong.

The story is captivating with so many details that actually affect the outcome with not a single use of a McGuffin. The side stories are from lovely and mystic to downright depressingly sad that i needed to cry.
This manga is without a doubt the best one i have read and most likely will ever read. The art style is a perfect blend of wonderful details and comical faces for effect with not overusing them and conveys feelings, expressions and atmosphere like few others do.

I cannot implore anyone enough to pick this manga up and read it, although be warned it might make you re-question the quality of other manga you read and thought were great.

M2Z

GIVE 👏 THIS 👏 STORY👏 A 👏SHOT
Don't think much, just read it!
ITS WORTH IT I GUARANTEE YOU ><

Fed-Kun's army
i just fucking love this series man, such a genuinely passionate and thought out fantasy world that isn't afraid to try new things. It warms my cold, cold heart.

Aggregator gang
I very much like this, but I can not understand why it is stuck at chapter 41 when the release of chapter 72 (part 2) was released a week ago or so.
I know it takes time to translate, clean, redraw etc but, months ?
I do thank the teams for their work, but when there are such large gaps like now, it very much feels like a "has been dropped" occasion, not to mention since this is actually well done both in story and in art.
Too many series like this get passed over for what feels like the childish cravings for constant fighting / gore / cheep humor and other things, so it would not be a surprise to me if this one as well, get's "dropped"..

Supporter
I like to have a story about an old warrior who feels old, it's refreshing for an old fart like me. But I find this one to have the same problem than Frieren, for instance: most issues they face are resolved very quickly and sometimes even "off-screen". It makes all the supposedly tense moments a bit bland. There's also too much text IMO. it's a nice read but could have been better.

Last edited:
I found this Manga years ago on another site, only went until Chapter 18. very glad I found it back again.

somehow this has a bit of a Game of Thrones Vibe. Bart Rohn is like Barristan Selmy after he left the Kings Guard. Gordon looks like a more comical version of Robert Baratheon and Jülchen is the most cheerful Faceless Man ever seen. I enjoyed reading this, hopefully there's more to come. (please note, I did Germanize the characters names somewhat, sounded better in my head ;) )

Agreed it's refreshing. I liked the atmosphere of early chapters, but honestly I like the present more. Fantasy western, great read.

This... this is simply a masterpiece! Why! Why is there no more translated chapters! Please! I need more!

Users who are viewing this thread