Her Majesty's Swarm - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Lisitsa Familia's Demise

Dex-chan lover
@zano187 I don't think she'd do that without reason. Unless the Women and Children actively threaten her nation, I don't think she'd go full Genocide.

At least, so far as been characterized. It has been stated the hive mind has some influence on her mind, so...

Dex-chan lover
@Kojirremer
It's pretty obvious that she has issues.
Problem is that there is nothing given to the reader to this point.

To make a parallel, take Overlord.
The basic premise is pretty similar: send to another world with game mechanics that mirror the game he was playing and subordinates with (extremely) high expectations.
Momonga/Ains even has an explicit "emotion suppression" effect that quickly (though not immediately) stops any outburst of emotion.
Despite all this, he doesn't just mop around in his base waiting for things to happen. He has several goals and he's very proactive, developing both his base and his knowledge of the world.
In addition, the reader is given several other characters to follow and empathize with.

Here...
The character only reacts to things.
She doesn't understand the world and doesn't proactively expands. The little she did was in reaction to the few things she lacks. Which could be something if that drove her further, but it doesn't seem to.
It takes one of her subordinates to die for her to find a purpose... a revenge which ends pretty quickly.
No more mention of the elves' tribe aside from "the elven forest" on the map?
I have some hope for this manga, but this chapter ends on a pretty lackluster note. If there is a reason for it, some foreshadowing would at least give the reader something to look forward to. Some manga abuse the cliffhanger concept. This one just drops you from the cliff. You could end up the story here and it would be pretty much complete, though unremarkable.

Fed-Kun's army
That third to last page made me laugh
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Dex-chan lover
Why does she always contradicts herself, like saying that it's useless to tell what's going on the a man that's going to die, but then next she said to keep him alive, another time is when she said that she would skin him alive for torture but then she just leave him there and made him die by hanging (not very painful compared to skinning and torture)

Can never understand the trademark....seems pointless...even if the reason is because of the aggregators

@Rel_ Wasn't exactly a contradiction when she used a parasite swarm, which does kill you and take over your body, because I assume that they can't manipulate a corpse. As for the rest, I assume it was her in the heat of the moment. War boners can do that to a person.

Users who are viewing this thread