Heterogenia Linguistico - Vol. 4 Ch. 36 - Don't Give Up, Do Your Best!

Dex-chan lover
It just might be the most important chapter in the whole manga.

The epiphany about not having stories - not having a concept of stories!

They struggle with abstract thinking. It feels like the biggest, most serious difference with humans we've seen yet. It's a mental difference that makes a bigger wall than any physical difference.

I'm seriously impressed.

Dex-chan lover
there are additional notes from the official at the end. well almost every official chapter has additional notes. its quite important since it revolves around the relationship of professor and other good to know stuff. sadly official is still at ch 36 as of writing.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm. So it's not so much continuity they lack as it is culture? I wouldn't worry too much about that, even though they may be primitive by human standards and not form superstitions like humans do the world of demihumans is still clearly full of etiquettes and customs, meaning eventually they will stabilise enough to leave history behind as well. Not hard to see why Hakaba would be upset, though, he's clearly getting emotionally attached to all his weird friends (Keekoo,Kushoo, Susuki, Mou, Mr.Mushroom and all the rest) and the realisation that the factions back home thar view them as "resources to be harvested" could just roll them up whenever they please has got to hit hard.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm. So it's not so much continuity they lack as it is culture? I wouldn't worry too much about that, even though they may be primitive by human standards and not form superstitions like humans do the world of demihumans is still clearly full of etiquettes and customs, meaning eventually they will stabilise enough to leave history behind as well.
I believe they focus on the REAL and the NOW. It seems for the demis, what matters is what is currently happening. Myths don't matter since they weren't there, and thus they can't use that information for the now.

Myths, superstition, fables, governments, cultures, you can call all these "convenient lies" humans created for their own purposes. But Demis don't believe in lies, of any kind. Lies are not useful in the harshness of their land. So the incentive never appeared, and they learned not to bother with it

Users who are viewing this thread