Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Dear You

Dex-chan lover
Sorry but is the translation MTL?
it shouldn't be since the first page says that there's 2 translators, but they aren't really consistent with names and some other things. Like this chapter used the correct name "Inverse Moon" but the previous chapter used "Inverted Moon", while the previous chapter had the official name for their country "Mulnite", but here it's written "Murnite"... Also the previous chapter or the one before I don't remember used weird translation for the name of the other countries... What's weird is that in the thread for chapter 5 I sent them the official translation for a lot things and even without that, they said that they got the official LN translated volumes so I don't understand why it changes. And especially since it's the kind of things a Quality Checker and/or the Proofreader should watch for.

Dex-chan lover
I stopped reading manga about a year ago and decided to catch up again. Still kind of iffy in the series as a whole. Everything feels really shallow and haphazardly put together. Characters are not fleshed out because they are tropes. None of the captains are remotely interesting. Komari would be more interesting if the author would actually focus on her novel writing hobby, but it barely gets referenced.

Supporter
Thanks for the chapter, I absolutely loved it. There is so much heart in this chapter

Last edited:
Group Leader
it shouldn't be since the first page says that there's 2 translators, but they aren't really consistent with names and some other things. Like this chapter used the correct name "Inverse Moon" but the previous chapter used "Inverted Moon", while the previous chapter had the official name for their country "Mulnite", but here it's written "Murnite"... Also the previous chapter or the one before I don't remember used weird translation for the name of the other countries... What's weird is that in the thread for chapter 5 I sent them the official translation for a lot things and even without that, they said that they got the official LN translated volumes so I don't understand why it changes. And especially since it's the kind of things a Quality Checker and/or the Proofreader should watch for.
I failed as QC 😣
Murnite was a typo - it was proofread.
And yes we’ve been referencing your name list a bit. (Thanks for that)

Dex-chan lover
Well error with naming for the characters and other stuff aside as QC mistake is pretty common. The thing is some lines feel translated word for word out of context which is why I questioned it was MTL or not. In the 2nd page when Komari reads the letter the word "underachiever" threw me off, I have to check the raws for it but as someone who read the LN it seems wrong.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread