Himari no Mawari

Double-page supporter
yeah.. I dropping my rating too, the author doesn't stick out the actual premise

@FredFriendly Ah I see. Didn't know that. In any case I don't want to stick around to find out if it is or not. I've got the shoujo ai tag excluded so I don't see any manga on the updates page with that tag. Maybe a couple months later I'll have another look to see if the tag is true or not. But at this point I just don't want to read it anymore.

Its a shame, as I quite like the idea of just sibling relationship improving over time.

Group Leader
@dummyaccount12345 @Almaz_Hiro Ya know how, oh so many times in various manga, characters are depicted instantly falling in love with a stray kitten or puppy they find in a box on the street because the creature is oh so cute and adorable? It doesn't mean they wanna have sex with the little thing. Kei's love for the imouto could simply be very similar, non-romantic, non-sexual, just overwhelmed by her adorableness.

@FredFriendly Yea I've seen that happen before. Most cases like those though it's obvious what they're trying to put across.
I would hope your right and that is the case, thats actually what I want, and perhaps it just didn't come across well. maybe she really wanted a sister herself so helping with the yukata made her feel the joy of having a sibling. That would be the ideal scenario for me. But we're not told that, this all happens within the span of two chapters and it's a bit sudden.

Its just preference really in the end. As long as it's not cleared up and it continues to stay up in the air whether this is shoujo ai or not I don't really want to read it.

Group Leader
From nearly 8.0 rating to 6.9 in a few chapters. Yikes.

Keep it a normal romance and throw that yuri shit outta the window. Hopefully, it'll be good again.

Dex-chan lover
One of the worst types of storytelling I've ever seen -
There is no build-up to events, they just happen, and there is no reason that lead to them.

Feels like creators of this manga treat us like little children with 10 minutes short long-term memory.

Anyone know how many chapters from the original country is out and if this is a weekly or monthly series?

As for latest chapter called it they would give glasses someone he looks and the main characters will likely get together. People were jumping the gun in this going the yuri route for no reason.

Also surprised they made the tomboy a blonde more so was imagining her with purple hair.

e45.png

Double-page supporter
for people who have read up to date should i bother, and why? (be as biased as you want)

Dex-chan lover
Well, I'm in it for the yuri
Tomboys are fly for me.

Let the glasses get to together, they can produce some spectacles

My biggest issue with the story is this is suppose to be about how a brother deals with getting a new sister but it feels like after the tomboy has arrived shes became the main character with the story revolving around her and the guy feeling like a non existant side character and thus is for the majority of the 8 ch out so far.

If this continues then the synopsis should change to how a neighbor deals with a new sister moving in next door because that's what it is so far.

Dex-chan lover
@LeNitrous
Read the bottom right image over here.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/644574/26

Batoolo is also the guy who joked about shoujo ai in chapter 6's credits page.

Dex-chan lover
@Freestyle
Isn't Himari the MC though?

I mean I kinda get why you'd think otherwise. The male protag just feels main characterish, but the manga's titled, "Around Himari"
Himari's the center. The events that happen in the story revolve around her.

Her becoming friends with his childhood friend is an action she's taking.

It's not like the story's ignoring her brother either. He has one girl confirmed who likes him and we don't know what qualities he has that attracts anyone yet.

PS: I fucking LOVE The Legend of the Legendary Heroes. I recently rewatched it with the english dub because my first through I watched it in Japanese. If you like the show but haven't watched it in english you SHOULD. They use high vocabulary and the voicework really changes the feel of the show. Also Ferris's little sister Eris is more tolerable in English.

Users who are viewing this thread