Himegasaki Sakurako wa Kyou mo Fubin Kawaii - Vol. 5 Ch. 40

Double-page supporter
To me this is more like a case Study of a girl having her heart destroyed by a dude... she is só in love with him that she let go of his obvios flaws... until time passes and that passion she feels goes way and love comes... and she can't stand his flaws... it happens all the time.

Dex-chan lover
edit: ignore me i have bad reading comprehension after waking up

Double-page supporter
despite me feeling she's already 99% winning, she's still gonna lose with that 1%

Dex-chan lover
I hope you fumble the bag, Natsuki. Your schtick is getting annoying. You don't deserve Himegasaki, I hope she finds someone better.

Dex-chan lover
"Sakurako's Treasure" are fucking kidding me? That's dangerously cute. Also, I agree that Natsuki needs to pay more attention to her and help her feel loved, but yall also gotta realize that this story is based on this "cosmic" gag where he will say/do things about other girls that make it seem like he is being set up to be with them, but actually doesnt mean it in that way at all.
But her stupid tsundere attitude left the MC thinking that she didn't like it. She complains most of the time and usually fails to show appreciation. If you are dating a real-life tsudere you're probably a masochist (even if you don't know it) and enjoy abuse.

Dex-chan lover
But her stupid tsundere attitude left the MC thinking that she didn't like it. She complains most of the time and usually fails to show appreciation. If you are dating a real-life tsudere you're probably a masochist (even if you don't know it) and enjoy abuse.
I mean in this situation she had a reason to be upset or wanting to show a lack of emotion. Let's not be completely stupid here.

Dex-chan lover
Is because people feel things... it does not matter the point of the art... The feeling of the other that matters the most.

They dont like the guy at all... it does not matter he likes her and in this rom-con the other girl is the heroine that is why all this flags... people Will feel the same.
Nah that's just lacking media literacy. And I'm not just using that as a buzz phrase. Like full stop it is like people put their own morals first before realizing a piece of fiction is just that FICTION. It's okay to feel things however, first and foremost this is a GAG comedy manga. And this is the main gag. (A pretty light one considering where we have seen where absurdity can go in manga) Which will always be the center of attention.

Double-page supporter
Nah that's just lacking media literacy. And I'm not just using that as a buzz phrase. Like full stop it is like people put their own morals first before realizing a piece of fiction is just that FICTION. It's okay to feel things however, first and foremost this is a GAG comedy manga. And this is the main gag. (A pretty light one considering where we have seen where absurdity can go in manga) Which will always be the center of attention.
As I always say, you have to engage with stories on Their terms. Not yours. Theirs. The failure to do that is how you end up with so many people missing the point on series like this.
That said, you can still engage with a story on its terms and not like it. Hime is such a lovable girl that it makes this story 100% worth it for me, but I can't stand how confused and split Natuski seems half the time even though I know its part of the joke. I think there's a lot of people here, including myself, who have had a partner that would go on about someone else other than them and they would feel unloved as a result; making a joke out of that doesn't work for us and instead just makes us angry.

Double-page supporter
Is the same as starship troopers... but the point is blablablabla ... but people Will still say the federation is far from fascist... this media literacy that you are talking about is some elitist BS, people Will feel what they feel... that is the point of art, they continue tô read the manga because they want tô see the MC prove that he loves her... not what The author intended tô be.

You can say my art represents blablabla but is up tô the observer have their own interpretation. Is not tô say what The author wants to pass... is not valid.

I think this ideia that you can only see a story from the lens of what The author wants is full of limitations

Dex-chan lover
Based on the comments, I think people forget that Natsuki thinks of Sakaki as a little sister who is completely fucking useless at everything which she continues to prove is true, which is why he was focused on her during the dance -- he was concerned like a parent over their dumbass clumsy kid.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, as tsunderes go, she is pretty obviously affectionate and even a bit self-deprecating. She basically said that she is even with Sakaki in her status as his girlfriend, which is pretty sad lmao. As she said herself, she is easy af, if Natsuki didnt have the manga's cosmos against him that made him do things that match romance flags with other girls and actually showed her some more affection, she would probably never cause him any trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread