Himegasaki Sakurako wa Kyou mo Fubin Kawaii

Dex-chan lover
Damn I was kinda intrigued but I didn’t expect it to be this good

A parody about all those cliches in romcoms, for the POV of the loser childhood friend, which make it fucking hilarious.

Well maybe it’s because I’m more of the childhood friends team, but she is damn cute, I want moar

Edit: if you are looking for cute, fluffy and relax comedy you are gonna like it...just skip chapter 4, it’s subliminally heavy

Double-page supporter
Chapter 4 made this 1000x better, and now there's already huge progress. Nice.

Double-page supporter
I felt familiar with the art for the moment then found out it was the author of jiken jaken. I hoped it didn't end up like jiken jaken did, good start and premise but somehow screwing up the chapters leading up to the ending.

Dex-chan lover
If you don't take the premise of the story too seriously it's a funny comedy (re)deconstruction of rom com harem manga tropes. Especially the sometimes absurd swing and a miss interactions between the male and female leads.

If you shift viewpoints and treat it seriously it becomes a looming tragedy with a bittersweet conclusion ahead, the sweet part being present if we assume that the characters at least get to grow as people by the end. After all, if the mangaka isn't just lying, regardless of the male MCs current feelings, he'll inevitably start to fall for "inset main heroine here" later on in the story, maybe the new sibling he's living with, she fits the tropes. Then the narrative force will "suddenly" stop blocking the friends from seeing eye to eye, but it will be too late.

Another oof thought is the fact that they're even partly aware of the fact they constantly swing and miss when trying to communicate their feelings. It's like being a puppet that sees the strings, then continues getting pulled along for the amusement of the watchers (the voyuers are us). Maybe Sakurako will even do the "I was rejected, time to kill my feelings and get a hair cut" thing. Except seeing as we usually stick to her POV, we see her crying at the hair appointment and getting advice from her hair dresser, and then faking a smile and saying it's fine when asked so they can maintain their relationship with the male MC, so they don't lose their friendship as well, ya know, how people actually behave in that situation.

Dex-chan lover
If someone is interested please bookmark this manga, from the same artist "Nobukuni-san" Does She Like Me?, it is a more normal/sweet romcom, in opposite to HImegaski Sakurako who use Manga Logic because that is the point and will always use Manga Logic... apparently in a few days a scan group will be releasing chapters from Nobukuni...

Other than chapter 4 which was kinda..weird this manga is pretty good entertaining especially if you don’t try to take it too serious

Oh man... this twin tail girl realy has to crawl through the mud and be humiliated on several levels to be the best girl in the end.... Poor chick.... LoL

i like snow queen chara but damn i never know i need dumb snow queen chara god bless this manga

@calmbreez: he's probably saying that because in Ch4, the childhood friend went "camwhore-esque" (that is never revisited btw).

Other than that, the manga is a lot of fun IMO and better than the yuri that the mangaka is doing RN.

Users who are viewing this thread