Himitsu no Reptiles - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Species #6 - Don’t say hard things like frogs aren’t reptiles (Pt 2)

Group Leader
So Naga-chan thinks that Iruka is her servant now? Or that he's a pushover at the very least?

This chapter took me two weeks between life interruptions and getting translator's block at several places.

Dex-chan lover
@rpapo
Likely Naga sees him as a fellow enthusiast who also loves reptiles and such. Also, they are neighbors, so besides waiting 5 hours, going home together isnt that odd of an idea.

That and Iruka is easily persuaded to do things. The man just "impulse bought" a frog simply because she put one in his hands for a literal minute.

He should be thankful that she is not that one girl who was obsessed with horses or that she likes cows a lot. He would have to open a farm with his spending habits.

Double-page supporter
oh no, he's becoming a true reptile keeper now: always thinking about what new animals he can fit in his empty shelf space lmao

Double-page supporter
Geez, Iruka's a chuuni...

Oh well! Glad to have you back, Maestro :D.

Group Leader
@ElBichoRaro - I haven't quite disappeared. I managed four chapter releases in February, four in January and five chapters in each of the previous three months. But I am working on so many series that it works out to only one chapter for each series every three months or so.

Double-page supporter
@rpapo - I know. I've seen your releases :D. Still, knowing you have a lot to do makes it a treat to see your releases. They make my day, Maestro.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry kid, but there's only one pet frog I need...

ornate horned frogs are a bit too snappy for me. a whites tree frog is much cuter.

though the part where they put 'they don't think because they live by instinct' seemed a bit off to me. even if some frogs will eat their own young some frogs carry their tadpoles in their mouths and transport them to new puddles,bromiliads, etc... and African bullfrogs will dig trenches to try to help the tadpoles reach a larger water source so they don't die.

Group Leader
As might be expected, this series is rather Japanese-centric. Take the reference to using medaka fish as feeders, for instance. I googled for the proper way to feed baby horned frogs, and found comments about giving them gut-loaded crickets and the sort, but not little fish like guppies.

Ditto the bit about "red ball earth." In fact, the English wikipedia advises against using gravel as a substrate, and Akadama looks rather like gravel to me.

@rpapo I think akadama is even worse than gravel here. It's pretty much pumice meant for soaking up water. Amphibians need so much water in the habitat that they don't actually consume that it sounds like a mold hazard on top of the dangers of them eating it.

Dex-chan lover
I'm a little worried about how fast he's buying pets, but if course this is the whole point of the manga.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you @rpapo for the new release.

May some reptile with a felineske name cross your path and bring you happiness.

Group Leader
@Xical - The only kind of reptile I've cared for in the past 40 years. It was trying to cross the road. I talked it down from vehicular suicide.
Painted_Turtle_%2814541060047%29.jpg

Dex-chan lover
This manga is so persuasive. It actually has me seriously imagining owning pet reptiles or amphibians.

Dex-chan lover
@rpapo How could she possibly not think he's a pushover? He originally visited the shop thinking about the possibility of buying a mammal, yet ended up with a reptile due to Naga's speeches. Then he was talked into buying a frog and receiving the lizard egg. When she saw the dude's collection of DVDs, she probably knew she could even push him by badmouthing or manhandling (dragging him around physically, which normally would be outrageous behavior from a clerk in any civilised country) as much as she wanted, and it would be okay. She's as smart as she's crazy.

Dex-chan lover
The boss is 27? That's still quite young if you compare her with the MC who is 25, or maybe I got her age wrong, idk.

Users who are viewing this thread