Hoist The Colors: Forum Theme Contest [Dark]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, let me introduce to my custom theme, which I call Sea. The primary inspiration came from the fact that I love the colour blue and as someone who does a lot of coding, I love dark themes, Other than that I took many colours from the GTK theme Lavanda-Sea from Vince.

Now, about me, I prefer reading Manga/Webtoon over watching Anime. I don't quite have something I can call my favourite, but Charlotte by Maeda Jun has a sentimental value to me as it was my first anime in the conventional sense.

5runC8h.png

Hello everyone !

Today I present you my personal theme for mangadex : Purple In the dark

Purple In the dark is an ultradark theme with purple accent.
It uses the colors i use in all my personal themes (firefox/chrome, discord, spotify, vscode, gnome, etc) which are based on a darker version of the Catppuccin-mocha color palette.
9McDEhM.png

K1md03s.png

MskXVZF.png

Last edited:
I present blueberry lighting. A color based off my favorite color blue, and high vibrant and contrasting colors of the 90s. Very Vibrant but not too vibrant that it screws up color/focus. Easy to use and read.

BTW how to embed actually and not link

1: Upload to imgur
2: Take the image link that says : xxxxxx.png or xxxx.jpg etc
3: Use ""Insert image"" or the little photo icon next to the chain on the form editor
4: post image link into required box
5: Profit

WERw24Q.png
XCOtTCb.png
1CSKqAF.png

Last edited:
I felt the built-in dracula theme was lacking in both color and contrast so i made a different one for personal use, since i tend to use dracula everywhere. I wish i could do more to customize text colors too improve contrast even more (like the inactive tabs) but wcyd. posting here in case anybody else managed to stumble this far into this thread and wants to use it.

dracula v2

7Zeu4W1.png

joAfWT1.png

bRCB8Hz.png

Bring back those memories of rocket jumping and epic trickstab compilations with the TF2 theme!

The goal of this was to soften the colors already in the dark theme for people like me who want something dark, but also warm.

Try it here

zT50ylq.png

iMFqtDi.png

Plx7pnT.png

I call this theme 'Midnight' inspired by the song 'Los Angeles' by The Midnight (totally recommend btw). The color palette was a combination of vaporwave, outrun, and cyberpunk-like aesthetics that I just completely love.

theme.

Hey there. This is a dark mode (or dim) color theme I call EarthBlock. It's inspired by Terraria and the Terraria wiki (the new official one). I find it gives the feeling of a warm summers day. As if you're outside experiencing nature and touching grass, when in reality you're probably curled up in a basement binging manga.

My favorite anime is Stein's Gate. I love it's approach to time travel and it's exploration of how isolation in fate can affect one's mind. My favorite series on the other hand is Magical Index. It has great world building and a fun cast of characters.

Hope you enjoy the theme!

rsbQdsW.png

CNeCygs.png

Dex-chan lover
Yo, bringing in the nth purple theme. I first called it ugly purple cuz I didn't like it at first, but it kind of grew on me (after 1 hour of tweaking). It's a bit monotone for my taste, though. I'll just call it Dark Ube since it's making me crave for ube.
lohfX3Y.png

48vXNlK.png
oCeCwUF.png

Dark Purple, because i love purple and i only use dark mode. im really sensitive to bright colors, so i made the theme in a way that wouldnt hurt my eyes, while staying in the purple color wheel
vkyPB0q.png
2EBSmFy.png
lx7UqEM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread