Hoist The Colors: Forum Theme Contest [Dark]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behold Purple Night!, I like dark theme but i prefer purple so here's my take!

image.png

Screenshot_2023-08-16_035711.png
image.png

Fed-Kun's army
I present an admittedly very light Dark Theme: Marina
This theme is based on the Orcapony mascot of the same name from my local mlp convention.

hhT2PIq.png

74H5snF.png

RxrUgSs.png

But why not anime I hear you ask?
Because I want to, that's why. No Waifu, No Laifu. (I've loved anything and everything about orcas forever, so when the convention added one as a mascot, she became my favorite)

Group Leader
Purple. I like purple. Purple and green theme.
I like Horimiya I guess.
Purple.

dqwc5l.png
cb3et7.png

I made Chill theme!

Insipred by Nord theme on Spicetify, I made this with Turquoise and Cyan.
With readability and content awareness in mind, I tried my best to make everything balance.

I don't know much about design stuff so feel free to speak your mind. Every comments to make it better is appreciated!
Thank you <3
Rvrn9Y5e

i51ak2Mn

Last edited:
Uranium Inspired Theme

I tried making it as close as possible to the color of uranium while not making the text unreadable.
Click the word "Uranium" to try out the theme color.
Screenshot_22.png
Screenshot_23.png

Dex-chan lover
just realised this was a thing so might as well submit the theme I've been using
made to evade pure black/white and keep things easy on the eyes with a deep dark red background, kinda like a variation of the slate theme with slightly bluish text
theme best enjoyed when using very low brightness
promoting a romcom that I adore and was dropped while at it
RqBooJ2.png
fbdKahU.png
ulKJkro.png

Here is Purp, some nice smooth bright and dark purple everywhere! Its quite bright but hope its still dark enough for those readings at night. Especially liked the alpha option for transparency. Love reading GATE right now!

Make sure you read the contest thread carefully before submitting your entry in this thread. Please do not post anything except submissions to the contest in this thread.

Submission Format:
At least 1 screenshot, but no more than 3, of various pages on MangaDex showing off your theme!

Give a short blurb describing your inspiration for the theme and feel free to say something like what your favorite anime/manga/manhua/manwha is. We always like to read about our fellow weebs and get to know them!
Allow me to introduce the best color scheme URPLE!!! I came up with this ingenious, based, peak fiction, larger than life color palette by shaking my little walnut brain really hard until my favorite mixture of red and blue appeared. Also I like purple. I also used my phone for this cause I'm a monster person.
Screenshot_20230816_134951_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230816_135019_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230816_140709_Chrome.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Retro Space
This theme was inspired by the space scenery from my favorite animes such as Space Runaway Ideon and Gundam. Good Luck to everyone that made a theme! Here it is if you want to try it out Retro Space
32___Chapter_3_-_Mobile_Suit_Vs._Giant_God_of_Legend__Gigantis_Counterattack_-_MangaDex_-_Google_Chrome_8_16_2023_1_25_36_PM.png
Mobile_Suit_Gundam_SEED_Destiny_Astray_-_MangaDex_-_Google_Chrome_8_16_2023_1_31_01_PM.png
32___Chapter_3_-_Mobile_Suit_Vs._Giant_God_of_Legend__Gigantis_Counterattack_-_MangaDex_-_Google_Chrome_8_16_2023_1_29_19_PM.png

Last edited:
Group Leader
So...here's my entry. You might find it similar to a previous entry on this thread, but I swear it is a coincidence. I was worried if I should post my submission here, but someone told me to go for it anyway so here you go.
Screenshot_2023-08-17_090251.png

Screenshot_2023-08-17_090235.png

Screenshot_2023-08-15_134015.png

I like reading all sorts of manga, though I avoid darker themes because I don't want to bring myself down. Go read Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa. That's it. My theme if you would like to try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread