Hoist The Colors: Forum Theme Contest [Dark]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
Chocolate Milk

Brown never gets much love. I never understood why.

hI8qjbK.jpg

Last edited:
Morpho, a comfortable theme inspired by the digital and the cosmic. This theme was born as the theme I use everywhere I can customize color palette. Text editors, web browsers, websites, etc.
The fact that I use this theme everywhere, also means that I have refined and optimized it a lot through the years.

As for the name, I went through a lot of them before deciding on this one, at first, I though about some kind of laser or light based device, considering the name "Gallium nitride" in reference to the inner workings of blue LEDs. But I ended up deciding of the much more simple and elegant name "Morpho" in reference to the genus of butterflies.

Here is the link to try this theme. Hope you like it.

Screenshot_2023-08-15_at_15-52-30_Solanin_-_MangaDex.png

Screenshot_2023-08-15_at_16-03-42_BIBLIOMANIA_-_Vol._1_Ch._1_-_Alice_in_Phantasmagoria_-_MangaDex.png

Screenshot_2023-08-15_at_16-10-07_Goodnight_Punpun_-_MangaDex.png

I've worked for about an Hour on this one, most of the time was taken trying to figure out the best combo of greens. Text Color and Primary gave me the most trouble since they kept clashing. I decided a Lighter Green would be best for Text to make it more readable against the dark backgrounds. I was thinking of a Pitch Black Main Background, but I decided to go with an extremely muted green instead and put the Pitch Black as an Accent, I think it looks nicer this way.

I attempted to make Status Yellow a real bright yellow since it was more orangish, but I discovered that the text being white and unchangeable for the tags, that it was borderline impossible to read

Anyway, though I might not win, I thought I might as well put mine here just because I spent a decent amount of time on it.
image.png
image.png
image.png

Dex-chan lover
Probably gonna be a bit controversial, but I personally prefer to go wild a bit, with maximum Colouring!
So I did. Get some Colour in your life with Chaos Mode Self-Check

F5BRSzr.png

3lXX4G5.png

4zJ0mWd.png

Last edited:
MusicDex also known as Cinder

This one is kind of cheating, since this is from when I was working on MusicDex which was always designed to look similar to MangaDex, but it doesn't matter.

Yes, I did make this account just to post this. Shut up.
eb17181934d1d8471f661425a64b2aaf.png
aee1d9bc795af0c7471a98c195d77f7a.png
d0e10bba884601014da88d60ba2d1e63.jpg

Grimoire, a simple yet pleasing theme that takes the natural colors of the site to an extreme, with gray becoming pitch black, and orange becoming deep red.
7ibl4o.png

7f6ub3.png

8sx0is.png

Dex-chan lover
I made one that I call Strike Freedom Theme, based on the Gundam of the same name. It's a Dark theme (pure black), with different tones of Blue, and Golden details.

I really like this color theme, and originally have one on my audio player (foobar2000) that I made years ago, so it's nice that I can add it on Mangadex too.

Reader page:
1O07Dkp.png

Home page:
onurjpR.png

Manga page:
LwIVHEc.png

Last edited:
Make sure you read the contest thread carefully before submitting your entry in this thread. Please do not post anything except submissions to the contest in this thread.

Submission Format:
At least 1 screenshot, but no more than 3, of various pages on MangaDex showing off your theme!

Give a short blurb describing your inspiration for the theme and feel free to say something like what your favorite anime/manga/manhua/manwha is. We always like to read about our fellow weebs and get to know them!
https://mangadex.org?theme=AAMxLjABAQIzNDJkOWM0Mi04NjQ5LTQ0NGQtODk5NS0yYjU1ZWJjZTZkODcD_____wQBAQH_Bf8Ax8wG_wC9mQfxAP9mCP8AqTMJ_wCp_AoEBAT_CwAAAP8MNgD_-Q0CAgL_DggICP8PBAD__xADAwP_EQQEBP8SGAD__xMICAj_FAYGBv8VBAD__xYAAAD_FwMDA_8YDwD__xkDAwP_GgoKCv8bLAD_9xzBAP__Hf8Avf8e_wCg_x__AG7_IP8Avf8hewD__yL_AOT_I8EA__8kXgD__yUJAIv_JgFUA_8nAWts_yhlAgv_KXd3d_8qbAMs_ytwSyv_LEwd1v8tRUWt_y4iInn_

I love a good purple-black contrast, I've seen multiple purple themed themes already posted but I don't think they scratch the itch as much as a good ol black and high contrast purple.

Dex-chan lover
I feel late to the game seeing so many others did Dark Purple/Plum themes too, but I kind of had to just because it matches my Windows 10 and Chrome themes. I'll leave it to you to guess where the inspiration comes from :v

AQjxPnV.png

w4Z164n.png

MRJPCtn.png

Last edited:
these are just the colors i choose
i guess you can call it cherry colored only mobile screenshots since i dont have a pc apologies
Screenshot_20230819-131549_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20230819-131826_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20230819-131546_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread