Hoist The Colors: Forum Theme Contest [Light]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i actually fall in love with an original design and layout so almost didn't change a thing, but replaced a primary color to sweet honey, reduced a saturation of the main colors and made a text a bit more gray. i would maybe get rid of that gaussian blur on the 'popular new titles' box if i'd know how to..

bj8ti8.png
6k19ku.png
ifpkl9.png

cute theme owo
I just put together something that fits my aesthetic sense and looks pleasant. Could use a little tweaking perhaps but mostly it's what I wanted and felt like doing.
image.png

image.png

I suppose it doesn't look very original compared to what I saw now already submitted, but to my defence I can honestly say I didn't even look at others' submissions until after I had already put together and saved mine.
What do I watch and read, I'd rather just post MAL (if anyone wants to see) instead of commenting as I don't have particular favorites I could single out right now \click here maybe\

Here's my light custom theme (let's call it Baby Beach maybe?). Feel free to check it out here!

Inspiration​

Honestly I was just randomly trying to create a similar, opposite theme to my dark theme, Vaporhead. I still want to keep my theme around blue and still somewhat soothing to the eye. So I tried pastel colors. As I try different color combinations...the main color ended up being very-light pastel blue (or orange?)...with some blue accents...

I admit some of the colors probably doesn't work too well with certain manga page. However...I feel like I arrived at a pretty good theme, which reminded me a bit of the beach of sorts, hence the name Baby Beach.

Hope you enjoy it!

Screenshot​

1. Library​

76hVA1X.png

2. Manga​

NXORxIC.png

3. Reader​

FlyP1FC.png

My Dumb Words:

Creme Theme is a theme. I made it after realizing that my light pink theme stood no chance, so I decided that creme was the way to go. And I ended up making something way better than my last one.

I wish From Nightmare to Love could get another chapter, but sadly that will never happen. I can't really think of any series I'd like to have another translated for atm, but idk.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the theme.

(ps how tf do you see the mangadex scrollbar?)

Images that I don't know how to Embed Properly:

Hello! I made a light theme that I though would be pleasant to read on :)
The theme is called Antique, it's based on old books and pottery. With the goal being to have things bright but not hurt the eyes ;; The main page color being based on old yellowed paper, and the colors based on ceramic glazes.
The colors look a touch darker on my mobile VS the computer (Ya'll know how screens are haha) but I think it looks nice on both!
8Hy2VcB.png

OFOLA3K.png

Glammy, a simple and clean light theme taking inspiration from flowers and an overwhelming sense of peace.
I tried to make this theme as soft and relaxing as possible. I took inspiration from flowers such as the Ipomoea or heath (genus). This theme reminds me of Iyashikei and its sensibilities, I think this theme might be nice for reading more relaxed or contemplative works, offering a subdued tone for taking in the atmosphere.

As for the name, it was suggested to me from a friend of mine with no explication as to how he came up with the name, but I like it a lot, and I think I fits the theme quite nicely.

Here is the link to try this theme. Hope you like it.

Screenshot_2023-08-15_at_17-18-29_Totsukuni_no_Shoujo_-_Siuil_a_Run_-_MangaDex.png

Screenshot_2023-08-15_at_17-14-53_MangaDex.png

Screenshot_2023-08-15_at_16-11-41_MangaDex.png

Group Leader
The colors are based on our group colors, and the colors turned out great and worked really well. I have also created a dark theme with our colors. TRY IT
Opera_Snapshot_2023-08-17_231549_mangadex.org.png
Opera_Snapshot_2023-08-17_231635_mangadex.org.png
Opera_Snapshot_2023-08-17_231240_mangadex.org.png

Went with the cafe-ish aesthetic look
I made it so that its not too dark or too light but i wouldn't say it is a dark theme so i posted it at the light theme section.
Thought it would be too boring when its based on 1 color so i added some colors other than brown

Last edited:
My sumbission for this contest is inspired by old video games like kirby 64. my favorite manga are in the slice-of-life genre, and favorites ou of that genre are azumanga daioh and nichijou. :]
b38Screenshot2023081812.png

843Screenshot2023081812.png

Screenshot2023081812.png

link to the theme so you can try it out for yourself: here!

Theme Name: Serene Rose Quartz

My idea for my theme is just the fact I like the color rose quartz, and the color serenity just so happen to be a complimentary color to it.

I read a lot of isekai, of course I am a big fan of the villainess themes or other shoujo stories, but I also like horror. Funnily the type of main girl design I like just so happen to have similar themes: Jubelian from "Father I don't want this marriage!", Princess Syalis from "Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle", or Suzukaze Aoba from "New Game". So you can kind of see that in my theme, not entirely since it's more pink-ish and blue-ish.

manzONw.png

c39xgLf.png

q35PVKF.png

You can try it here: Serene Rose Quartz

Catppuccin Latte, a soothing pastel theme.
The palette comes directly from the Catppuccin Theme (MIT License).
My goal was to create a pretty low contrast theme that still doesn't vary much from the original Mangadex theme. To do this, I've decided to switch the pretty flashy Latte default flavour colors for the more pastel Frappé ones.

Edit: I have also created a dark theme version: Catppuccin Macchiato.

Enjoy !

Homepage
ZEkER9H.png

Title
BMZ4VBJ.png

Chapter
lrjAS4s.png

Last edited:

🌿Synectics Nature🌿​

The name "Synectics Nature" was inspired by the nature around me and the teamwork problems it has in it​
I enjoy reading manga and novels and watching anime because it's fun! Most of them are mysteries, thrillers, horror, comedy, adventures, and action. I read and watch other genres too because some of them are interesting and good for exploration.​
You can try it by click the link below!
Theme:

Synectics Nature

Home
037ee08997ab7da22a439453b91ca69e.jpg

Title​

5b519c6de912a9012c00a96ce9951f2d.jpg

Chapter
35fb53983cf7ed74c2dcbc4f3394b971.jpg

Craftic

Hopefully the inspiration can be felt both in the name and the colors. It was inspired by MineCraft and my nostalgia for the old Minecraft gamepedia. (Many thanks to the internet archive for preserving it in a form I could draw inspiration from).

I already posted my favorite animes in my Dark mode submission, but a good manga I highly recommend in Skeleton Soldier Couldn't Protect the Dungeon. No spoilers but I highly appreciate the symbolism that the armor takes on in how it implies how close the MC is getting to one of the main truths of the world and how screwed he is.

The only flaw with this theme is that there's no way to change color of the "tab text" in the theme builder. That is the unselected part in the tab bar that says "chapter, art, related, etc". Since I can't change it I can't make it legible.

xk3xmGH.png

4sfgoV6.png

fXM8j6m.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread