Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 1-bu 「Hon ga Nai nara Tsukureba Ii!」 - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - Toronbe Appear…

Dex-chan lover
@nachtness: Ummm, this arc 1 (it's in the title btw) is actually completed, the manga's on arc 2/3 right now (by different artists)

Man, this chapter brings back all the memories, it's like foreshadowing the future in a nutshell
Myne learning how to be a merchant from Benno? Let's just say the lessons will stick, much to many people's surprise when she drop "I'm charging you btw" on them.

Toronbe being fire-proof? There's a reason for that.

Distracting Myne being giving her things to read or rather, Myne doing absurd things just to get to read? Her life's goal.

The whole 'it's not cheating if you aren't caught, and I'm not obliged to tell'? Even Myne do that a few times (in particular regarding some of the titles people call her by)

Myne planning things inside her head, get so excited and casually say something rather incomprehensible to others because her mind skipped the explaining step? Life of people working for her in a nutshell.

Some more specific spoilers for the events referred in the above spoiler
Some of the people Myne charged (much to their surprise) includes: Her adoptive family, the royal family.

Toronbe is a magic tree, similar to Paru, but when it's grown it's extremely tough and resistant, and will continue to keep consuming the area around to keep growing, requiring knights to deal with them and priests to heal the land after.
Myne get to solo heal the land, as a 7 years old, in a ritual that would normally take many priests rotating in turns to do.
(To give perspective, later on there's similar magic devouring monster that shows up, and after Myne explained she healed the land already, the priests who came to do so said that it takes them several people doing shifts for DAYS to do that....well, there's reasons for it)

'Merchant Saintess'

"You're taking money!? And you call yourself a Saintess?!"
Myne (I never call myself that though?)

Dex-chan lover
yea i wont bother replying both of you because ron himself already reply me

thanks for the effort though

Group Leader
@RonBWL
Thanks so much for the chapter, and take your time.
I don't mind waiting if I know it's coming and it wasn't dropped 😁

This being translated is already a miracle for me (I actually love this manga, it one of my favourites in recent years).

Power Uploader
@aFFi We're not dropping it, granted - Fulldiver is simply taking a break so I wanted to inform you guys that for the wait ahead. In the meantime, I'll try to redo the old chapters that are missing here to fill up MangaDex's entry

Dex-chan lover
@mage_goo
Close!

They find out Tronbay seeds are a mana sink by accident in the second arc, after they get a handle on the devouring situation. Well after they find out that siphoning excess mana is how you keep the devouring from killing you.

Mayne promptly tells Benno about it - wanting to spread the knowledge to commoners to help other kids with the devouring - and Benno QUICKLY explains to her what would happen to her if she tried to undercut the nobles' and church's control over mana. No intrigue required, she just doesn't spread it around.

If there's more conflict later and you're not making an educated guess, then you know more about the story than I do.

Dex-chan lover
I know she won't die but imagine the plot from her friend perspective: a genius girl who's having a terminal disease that requires money to cure. It feels pretty tragic.

Dex-chan lover
@Shinobu153 unfortunately, the treatment is at such an expensive price, that you don't actually buy the cure, your only option is to sell yourself. The Guild-master has the money and connections to sell his granddaughter off to the nobles, for her health, and so she can get a shop in the noble's district. With Benno as the intermediary, or even with the Guildmaster's help, Maine wouldn't be able to get better treatment than slavery to some noble house. She's gonna have to find another way.

Double-page supporter
The translation is off in many places. The worst part is probably page 3, where the conversation goes very differently:

Panel 1 - Otto's not saying that he started working early, but that the single day she helped him previously was already a big help. Then he asks her to come as often as possible.

Panel 2 - Myne's not thinking about making money, but that it's fine to spend time helping Otto, since she'll be able to get more slate pencils (that was her deal back in chapter 8), which they're going to need for Lutz's studies.

Panel 3 - Myne's telling Otto that the slate pencils she's going to use while helping him won't come out of her salary

Panel 4 - Otto jokes that she's starting to think like a merchant

Panel 5 - Otto agrees with what she said (literally: the slate pencils are an expense)

Dex-chan lover
I really like the chapters we are not reminded of her stupid side as much.

Double-page supporter
Aaaah, good stuff. Still love how adorable the art style is. Maine's "spell of urgency" is also one of my favorite sections, there's nothing cold hard cash can't speed up xD

Users who are viewing this thread