Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 1-bu 「Hon ga Nai nara Tsukureba Ii!」 - Vol. 7 Ch. 32 - The Option to …

Contributor
@talas
You should really just finish this manga for completion as there are only 3 more releases left: chapter 33, chapter 33.5, and an extra chapter.
But as I don't think it'll change you mind of the series you shouldn't bother picking up the sequel.

Fed-Kun's army
I hope she either continues to live normaly because she pours her mana into the grail or finds out how to become a magical girl xd

Dex-chan lover
It feels really forced that everyone was dismissing becoming a priestess to increase drama. Orphans being cared for by clergy is nothing unusual, and for commoners having a family member join the church should be a point of pride. It's one of the only options for upward mobility they have. Even with the robe barrier, they have the opportunity to serve nobles. Didn't they explain how the consuming works before? Benno basically hand waved that they solved the biggest issue of dying to the consuming because he needs to worry about losing his piggybank.

Dex-chan lover
@Nicromatic Main seems to possess at least as much knowledge as I do, even if it's of different things. She was a huge book consumer, and by the looks of it, a "better" kind of such by not only reading fiction. Maybe I'm older than she was when she died, but she should have been quite intelligent and wise already back then. She still possesses all that. She should be able to connect quite a few dots as well. It's not like we would have actually learned anything more about the church and the nobility than she has.

Don't ask me why Benno & Co didn't say anything or why her parents have such a dim view of the church. It already seems to me Benno is kind of pissed off he seemed to have lost much control over Main. He of all people probably could feel if not foresee he might even be able to make enough coin to buy his way into the nobility if he could keep Main under his wing. He hasn't actually been too ashamed of using her, although those served as valuable lessons for her. Even in this chapter he probably had her make the contract with Lutz because he might have been afraid of being too transparent if he had asked to make it with him directly. He's a hardcore businessman.

Maybe, because I also love books and continue increasing my own personal collection all the time but I can't understand this girl at all. Yes books are awesome, but hers is an unhealthy obsession.

Power Uploader
@Doomer Because as things are, Myne has no protection against the Church or Nobles straight up abducting her and slave her to their heart's content. That's just the way things work in that world she's living in.

Dex-chan lover
ngl I thought it was a very stupid plan anyways and benno is right she becomes so dumb when books come up , Just joining them because they have books? by that logic anyone will do and what if the people with books turn out to be evil people. And, wouldn't that contract put Lutz in danger to get around it all you'd have to do is kill him, poor Lutz

Sem

Dex-chan lover
Myne you better marry this boy when he grows up

@ironclad

It actually really fits that they're so much against the grey robes. Remember that this is an incredibly classist and family oriented society. We've already had it be a major point of contention when characters wanted to leave their class, even if it was in an upwards direction. That alone was also seen as a break from their family and the biggest threat we've seen in the series has been ostricizing someone from your family. On top of that there's a huge bias against the nobles and being a servant of a noble is clearly set out as being similar to a slave, rather than a servant in our world. Being a grey robe is described as being very much the same as being such a servant, only you work in the church.

What I don't like is how the author introduced this third path without any kind of reasoning for why it wasn't brought up before. She had to choose between becoming a noble's servant or dying, so why wasn't she presented with the possibility of joining the Church? The author needs to include some explanation why they didn't offer her that option.

Dex-chan lover
That contract is pretty dumb and unfair, "Partner can be appointed by the agreement of Myne , Lutz, AND Benno"??? That's just dumb, that basically make Benno trading company own a monopoly on the market because then he have a say on who to accept and who to reject, which of course means all of his competitor.

Back then he even let Myne set the price of the right to the paper production (Which, let's face it, is a VERY valuable right) and Myne of course set the price too low and Benno just shake on it without even letting her know.

God, he's so disgusting, even when he have a "Sympathy", he did that out of a profit, and Myne is still ten years old ffs

Power Uploader
@musicfreak12 Pretty sure that term means any partner would have to be accepted by ALL three of them, and that's logical because none of the competitions can do any shady business with only one of the three, and that Myne and Lutz would have a strong tie-breaker in case someone successfully tricked both of them.

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan I was wondering the same, so I went back to check; we, the reader, got an explanation of how the consuming works in chapter 12, after they met Benno the first time, but no one bothered telling her. She discovered the name by chance talking with Frida in chapter 20, but she didn't get an actual explanation, even after the big crisis.

I would like to point, however, the "slavery" contract can't be as bad as they depict it; that is, IF (and that is a really big if) you can find someone willing to do that.
Standing what we are told, her father, the leader of the gate guards, earn about one small gold coin in a year. If someone is willing to invest at least ten times that, he will treasure you, if only to get his investment back. The biggest problem is to prove that you are worth that kind of money, but once you do, you are most likely to keep doing what you are worthy for, maybe with even better funding. In Myne case, inventing new products (or maybe teaching advanced calculus, that would be really groundbreaking)

Dex-chan lover
Okay I got @ so many time and to my surprise there are seem a lot of people are several ahead of me...

I only got to the point where she got married by the novel. I kinda don't like the head priest because he's the cause of her getting too much attention to the nobles.

After reading all the spoilers in the comments... I wanna ask...

What happened to Benno at the very end? I kinda want him more to be with Maine than the head priest. And its so goddamn sad that she didn't end up with Lutz.

Group Leader
@Ironclad Except she'll lose her freedom. Remember how she chose to stay with her family instead of being sold to a noble family? This path completely betrays her choice, and given her family's status, there's nothing they can do about it!

Dex-chan lover
Oh, baby boy... Lutz... He's so sweet, and this chapter broke my heart.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@AgentKuga Did you read your source properly? Again. Super spoilers don't click.
The fiance is feudal lord's son, she engaged with him so that she would not be taken by other territory, because she attracted many attention in noble school. Her engagement with chief priest only happen in the last arc, nearly the end of the novel.

Dex-chan lover
@Nep
Indeed, I was mistaken, another user has alerted me to the fact that I was wrong.
But the people also say that their age difference is less than 10 years so I'm not very disturbed by their engagement

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@AgentKuga

It wasn't the age that bothered me xD

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Users who are viewing this thread