Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 1-bu 「Hon ga Nai nara Tsukureba Ii!」

Power Uploader
@King_pin It happens when you try to go from chapter 6 to 7, because it hits a deleted chapter so the warning shows up.

Contributor
Apparently I dont have editing rights anymore, but I was thinking of changing the retail links from japanese version to the english manga that got released today:

https://global.bookwalker.jp/deab0ae7e0-5a69-464e-9a63-c43c2c848f7a/ascendance-of-a-bookworm-volume-1/

Hoping some mods can change that for me.

Contributor
@Chrisis
As far as I’m aware those retail links are meant to be Japanese and not English, so changing them would be wrong. Plus given the way you add Bookwalker links I don’t know if you even can link to the English version.
You can already get to all the retailers for the English version by following the link to “Official English” anyway, so changing those retail links to English wouldn’t benefit anyone.
But if you are positive that they’re meant to be to English versions of retail then you should report the series with your request instead of making a comment, they’re unlikely to notice otherwise.

Contributor
@Nighthawlc

yeah, from looking at other popular titles, that most knows have an English version available, they still link the Japanese stores.
So you are most likely correct in that.

But not sure what you mean by the way to add Bookwalker links, the URL I posted worked on two different browsers.

Contributor
@Chrisis
I mean when you add a Bookwalker link you add the Bookwalker ID and not the whole URL, so I wasn’t sure whether it’d work because MangaDex sends you to “bookwalker.jp” not “global.bookwalker.jp”.
However it seems then even if you remove the “global.” from your link it redirects you properly, but if you try to link to the English series page (https://global.bookwalker.jp/series/207813/) on Bookwalker without the “global.” it fails.

Contributor
ah I see what you mean, yeah, this would require MD to add global bookwalker to the list.
no doubt its "hardwired" to prevent phishing.

I'm a bit confused about the sequels listed. MAL has this ended at 47 chapters (from Oct 30, 2015 to July 2, 2018). How can we have a part 3 already if part one just ended a year ago and it took years to finish part 1? Is part 2 really short?

Contributor
@Chris_Pirtle
I'm not sure why MAL lists it was 47 chapters instead of 40 (33 chapters + 7 extra chapters), but it's correct that Part 1 finished on 2018-07-02 with chapter 33.5
The reason why we have Part 3 already is because it started publishing before Part 1 had even finished, the first chapter of Part 3 came out in 2018-04-30! Part 2 only started publishing on 2018-09-24. The reason this was possible was that the story of Part 2 and Part 3 was already completed in the LN and a different artist draws Part 3 (Part 1/2 = Suzuka, Part 3 = Ryo Namino). Other manga that have done this include Re:Zero and Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.
Finally, to answer your final question on length
Part 1 = 77 WN chapters = 3 LN volumes, Part 2 = 95 WN chapters = 4 LN volumes

Supporter
@BestBoy they were removed because the person pulled them from the Easy-Going Scans site and uploaded them without the credit pages. You can find them in that state on any other aggregator, but it's against the rules here.

Contributor
IF, and that's a big IF, this story can cover all the 5LN arc, then it will probably be the best isekai here, or one of the best at least.

this manga adaptation is really good, part 2 and 3 should end soon too, and we just need to see part 4 and 5 adapted.
Anime will maybe help this.

Users who are viewing this thread