Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」 - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - The Third Atten…

@NoraDaimio

Delia had already commented that she wanted to be the Temple Head's mistress, claiming that it was a position to be proud of, so to Myne it wasn't surprising to see her hit on an adult male like that. Disturbing maybe, but not surprising since Delia had already made it clear she was aiming for it. So rather than acting surprised she simply told Delia that she wouldn't need to perform such services.

Even if the term 'mistress' doesn't immediately imply sexual services, Myne's a well-read girl so she probably had already put two and two together. She's also likely used to culture shock at this point, and it's not like she hasn't already witnessed corruption in the church already.

A young girl (<10) has actually did that to me once on public transit, she boarded the bus alone, went straight to me and basically clung onto me. I sat incredibly still and didn't move. 5 minutes later she moved to another seat and did the same thing with another stranger.

It's super weird. Even now I'm still wondering if she's a victim of some sort of abuse because children most likely wouldn't do that.

Group Leader
Ah, yes, Myne's cunning side shows up once again.
Unlike in the anime ¬¬

Seeing Delia getting punched in the head and not understanding why was both hilarious and satisfying! XD

@Xelda

I totally disagree with you there. I'm sure you're aware of lots of horrible things. We can talk about murder and human slavery all day and stay perfectly composed and zen. I'm sure your reaction would be a little different if you saw it in person, no?
If Delia said "I'm the assassin who works for the head priest", Myne would probably be shoked and surprised... then ok, come to term with it. She's only mentally picturing it. Now if Delia came into the room and ruthelessly murdered someone in front of her, knowing that it's her job, would, hopefully, not leave Myne looking bored and unimpressed.
She's an adult from our world. She ought to be disgusted to hear that a child is being groomed into prostitution. She ought to be revulsed seeing it happen in front of her, unsolicited. The fact she looks on dead eyed like it's normal makes her unrelatable as an isekai protagonist. She isn't reacting the way we (hopefully) would.

Dex-chan lover
@NoraDaimio
She is also well aware that being a flower is Delia's best chance of survival or at least was until Myne entered the picture.
And if in case she went full Shōnen protagonist on this issue, the best outcome would be an unhappy Delia forced to live in a place that has given her way more trauma then old men groping ever have, while the worst case is Myne and everyone she knows dies.

Fed-Kun's army
fnJO4xf.gif

Dex-chan lover
@NoraDaimio She has no reason to be surprised cause she already knew this happened. Reread Ch1 and 2. Her female attendant straight up told her she was aiming for the mistress spot of the temple head. Also when they joked about Myne being a water godess, she acted surprised people would seriously consider a relationship between a kid and adult, and the said it was common.

She should be disgusted by it, but not surprised. If you went back to colonial times you should be disgusted by slavery and the treatment of minorities, but not surprised.

We've also see her talking a out how attendants offer their flowers before and one could infer.

Dex-chan lover
@Mewples
Maybe not in this instant, but the choice of dying or selling her body has come up before, with the whole Frida situation.
Myne chose to die with her family and Frida wanted to live as a mistress.

@SuperOniichan
Doubt it's the writes fetish, it's more that she showing the terrible things about this world, so we can see what Myne is fighting.

Aggregator gang
@wildfire Just cause it happened dosent mean she ever accessed it seriously, she still messes up basic things afterall

Dex-chan lover
@Wildfire I'm just worried that this kind of manga is trying to address such issues. I even was un-ironically prepared to find out that that musical girl was in a relationship with her female master and that all ended with the Inquisition court.

Really, I'm pretty impresed of the quality of this adaptation from the LN, they might cut some things as expected (we'd have 1000 chapters otherwise) but they protrait every moment pretty nicelly. And bringing pizza to another world... Many of us would do the same.
And yeah, society was pretty fucked up as well back then, and even if we've advanced a lot there's still a lot to do.

Thanks as always for the translation!

Group Leader
@gghhzz ow maaan... I'm disturbed enough seeing Delia being like that here, and you just had to experience it in real life 😥

Fed-Kun's army
It's been awhile and I forgot she exist. well that some cute behavior.

@NoraDaimio

Again though, Delia had ALREADY made comments about being the Head Priest's mistress, claiming that it would be a proud position. I'm not saying "Myne knows about bad things so it didn't shock her", I'm saying that Delia herself had ALREADY established that she was aspiring for such things.

Users who are viewing this thread