Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」 - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - The Reality of …

Fed-Kun's army
@WhimsiCat I can’t bring myself too but maybe this explains why I value it more when you say about it, maybe i can sense your passion for it and I get carried along with it....Well least that’s solved lol
Hmmm the characters really do make it worth it <3
Yeah that dosen’t send too right like a situation where it’s “arrr their shotgun wedding is adorable”

Aggregator gang
anyone care to count the comments and see what the % split is between people thinking along the lines of "she's an MC so she should save everyone" and "finally an MC who doesn't BS OP their way to saving everyone"? I'm in the latter camp btw, she shouldn't feel obligated to ruin herself in what would be a short term and ultimately wasted effort to save others no matter how bad knowing they exist living like that may makes her feel...though I do feel like she'll end up plot armoring out something that saves most of them in the end, like hiring the kids on to work in her shop once she gets more "inventions" or if paper alone starts pumping out profits and she is able to afford to save some that way

Dex-chan lover
I love the story, but I HATE that Myne ends with Ferdinand. The relationship with Lutz is far superior.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
I love reading comments by people with a modern mindset with no conception of what life was like for people +100 year ago. Pure comedy gold. And since they're ignorant of their ignorance, there's no point in pointing it out to them.

@Moth For LN based stories it's normal for the anime to be ahead of the manga (especially if the anime has had more than 20 eps).

Dex-chan lover
The head is an absolute scumbag. Doesn't even care that the children born to grey priests were were a majority his and he was the one to condemn them for getting pregnant. The poor women think they should obey him because he is born to a nobles family while they are commoners. Wonder if he has had his own daughters give up their flowers to him or his kids turn out too ugly for his tastes. Though no matter the period in time people with and without education are unable to see they will too end up in the same situation if they stay on the same path as their predecessor. I understand to a degree why they don't consider young kids as citizens due to high mortality rate, but they'd be far better off if they made an attempt to take care of them rather than it is now considering how fat the head is. He has a severe case of small dick disorder, besides I could of swore that his family kicked him to the temple because his magic was low meaning that he would be pretty likely to get them knocked up.

idc idc Female lead you need to take charge. Flip this place upside down. People are dying due to the selfishness of the nobles who hide it under a facade of 'god's will'

@whimsicat yeah I knew that, I couldn’t help myself and peeked at spoilers lol ty though :p
It can be so hard to decide whether I ship isekai pairings or not bc of this kind of stuff haha... good to know that it’s at least kind of handled well...? And that someone in universe calls it out lolol

at first my modern sensibly was like 'oh God what do you mean she ends up with Ferdinand?! He's one of the dads!!' but after calming down and reading more of the novel and remembering this is based on medevil times I chilled am now more like 'yeah he's a good dude'

Double-page supporter
I did some fucking research on real historical orphanages

This manga doesn’t fucking make up how bad it was it undersells it

I am never going down that fucking rabbit hole ever fucking again

And we already think modern day orphanages are cruel at least they have fucking beds and regular food!
I would say normal life for most people in this world is like being rich to most medieval peasants

@liquidxlax go read some medieval history and tell me if you still would hate this manga for that instead hate humanity

Reading the comments be like:
50% going through the stages of grief with denail/bargaining/shock/anger over the future male lead
25% have reached acceptance at who the finale male lead is
25% are just 'you guys have spoilers??'

Double-page supporter
Children without family, chronically sick or mentally ill people, there were lots of reasons not to take care of them in past times.
Only very recently society became rich enough to care about them and it's a thin veil if you think about it.
Poor countries still struggle in that regard and even in rich ones like the US not everything is great.

It's only the first chapter to introduce this problem. She will think of something or at least consult with more adult that she trust for a solution.

@RedGhost I can’t comment on having preferences, but here is some commentary by the LN translator on why they went for “shrine maiden” over “priestess.” “Shrine maiden“ is accurate; in fact, Myne originally calls them priestesses in the LN but gets corrected to shrine maiden (I believe when first talking to her family about wanting to become one).

Group Leader
And once again, the manga sells the despair far better than the anime ever tried to.
I remember someone commenting on the anime that the LN described the situation as Myne having seen malnourished children from Africa on TV, but shocked that she could ever could come across the same scenario in this world and witness it with her own eyes. Plus, she felt the scent of feces when the door was opened, showing how much the children are being ignored by the adults.

@Gilith
Why are you dropping?

Dex-chan lover
For most of the people I know the choice on what to do wouldn't be even an issue; regardless of personal impact, or expense, or the possibility of being unable to continue care in the future.

But I suppose it could be viewed through the lenses of moral ambiguity and natural selection if one grew up in a culture where some humans were not regarded as persons, like Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan in the 30s and 40s.

Fed-Kun's army
I love this, in a lot of Isekai, the MC sees slaves and people in scenarios like these and never actually tries to help or even ponder on the problem.

Dex-chan lover
@insaneinsomniac

The problem is actually easier then it seems. Myne is simply confused about something. She lives as both a poor person and a rich person at the same time. Simply put, she never bought poor people stuff and mostly bought things in the rich merchant district.

Luth points out to her the used clothes she bought for Fran cost more then if she bought poor people clothes for everyone in the orphanage combined.

Users who are viewing this thread