Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」 - Vol. 2 Ch. 9.5 - My New Master…

Ah... i was sure it hadnt been long enough for a new chapter and in the end it wasnt a full chapter but an extra. Oh well, it was still entertaining so see more of these characters. Thank you for the release and your hard work.

I wonder, are there people who get so focused that they truly dont respond to pokes and nudges? not just "let me finish this part" but "i didnt notice i was poked"

alu

Dex-chan lover
The other attendant of the Chief Priest allways has an expression that makes one want slap his face.

Fed-Kun's army
@alu Minor spoilers if you're interested
Arno and Fran used to be looked after by the former orphanage director who preyed on the young boys. She had a particular thing for Fran and he suffered a lot under her, but did his best to reject her, while Arno was infatuated with her. It's not exactly clear what happened, but Fran's rejection led to the former director's downfall and apparent suicide. For this, Arno has never forgiven Fran and he is always working in ways to torment him. At the end of part 2, Arno has been replaced by the High Priest, and he's not seen again (at least through volume 1 of part 3).

@niteman555
Arno died. I think the Head Priest killed him because Arno's action on the day of the ambush is endangering Head Priest's interest. Him not telling Fran that Head Priest is present, just in his hidden room, instead telling that he is absent made confusion and almost get Myne abducted by Bindelwald. All of his action is not intended to damage the Head Priest, just for Fran, but because of his action that day, and then after telling Head Priest about Fran's dark past, I think Head Priest judged that he have grudge to Fran and it will obstruct his future relation with Myne.

Climbing the Towering Stairway = Death. If you read arc 3 v1, you would understand what that means when the phrase appeared again for Rozemary.

Fed-Kun's army
@RC21
That makes a lot of sense. I had figured that Arno being killed was a possibility, but I hadn't picked up on the euphemism in p3v1. Thanks for the clarification.

Dex-chan lover
@TimLoveManga
What do you mean? There is no thing in the world that have less details than anime, since it always so rushed by the time constrained with ammount of episodes. And it's not only about that particular anime either.

Having manga have more details, than the novel would be surprising, indeed. But having more details than anime would be so normal, that i don't know why you didn't expected that...

Double-page supporter
@Med1um, TimLoveManga is talking with respect to the LN
Even in the LN Fran's past is only mentioned in a bonus chapter and a few lines in vol 3.1
You would expect the manga to skip it, since it has nothing to do with the mc.

Dex-chan lover
@JoeyKicks
oh, that makes sense. He just said that in compared to anime, so i was confused, but i guess he was just surprised that "manga didn't cut it out like anime did"... but hey, his wording were pretty confusing :)

The anime may have not had a scene like this where we see things from frans PoV but it did use scene composition and framing to show that there is something about the orphanage and fran that hasnt been revealed yet. Its implied that Arno had some scheme involving giving myne the orphanage directors room but we arent aware about what it may be. We dont learn what that is until Arnos SS in part 2 vol 4 of the LN.

I mean there is more to the LN that can be covered in even the LN volumes (alot of SS that were skipped or cut down in both the manga and anime).

I think this manga does a good job of maintaining most details when possible, so I’m not surprised there’s a little Fran side chapter - although I’m surprised it was here in the story rather than later.

Anyways Fran’s wholesome smile will keep me going today! He’s so precious!

Dex-chan lover
YwQD8qW.jpg

That other servant looks like trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread