Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」 - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - The Star Festi…

Dex-chan lover
> greatest threat in the manga
> a few kids can manage it

Dex-chan lover
> greatest threat in the manga
> a few kids can manage it
@Fuko Because that's a sprout. Don't worry though. You may have a chance to see a fully grown one sooner or later.

Dex-chan lover
@InsaneInsomniac @FullDiver actually, when Myne first did this in part 1 on accident, Lutz said that the soil was unexpectedly alright even after the toronbe. Maybe the seed doesn’t need as much nutrient to grow if it fills up with magic power.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme Crop rotation
is meaningless in this world. The nobility directly interject their mana into the ground which allows plants to grow in the first place. Trombe are a parasite that grows naturally over time by sucking up mana from any given location (just like every other plant). The difference is that sometimes they suck up too much and mutate into a trent-like monster. They can also suck mana directly from people, but since commoners, who are the only one who hunt for them, don't have mana, they don't pop up very often. But if they are touched with someone with the Devouring, who wouldn't go hunting for them since they would be too weak in the first place, they grow rapidly by absorbing their excess mana. So following that line of logic, Trombe can be used as a treatment for the Devouring.

Dex-chan lover
@Kyto1984 :
To be precise, 'normal' Devouring child won't have enough mana to actually spawn toronbe.
that's why it work as a pseudo-replacement of the magic tool

when it gets to Myne level, no, the threat of accidentally having grown toronbe in town is too much of a risk so this is basically one of the more illegal things that Myne do

Not to mention
The real reason nobles use that magic tool is to gather the mana into magic stones for later/other use.
Especially low rank nobles, where the child might need to gather the mana from all their childhood to have enough to last through the school years.
(Myne being Myne, she fill all the necessary stones in an evening/a few days at most)

Using tao fruit basically waste it.

Ahahah when you know what will happen in next chapters and see Head Priest like "you better don't do this".
Thank you. It was fun to see this in manhwa version. And i like that under each chapter there so many interesting discussions)

Dex-chan lover
Well that was eventful. As expected, the Toronbe growth is linked to magic power but it took a while for it to come up again. I wonder what the priest will have to say to Myne about this.

Dex-chan lover
Fool, uterly fool, definitive fool, premium fool.
Fool of the fools, Queen of foolishness, Supreme foolish fool.

@Kireato
That just brings the story back to how the consuming should not be a problem since all she needed to do was to use the excess mana from time to time.

Group Leader
Anime - one tile gets displaced when the children are playing, is quickly fixed but then is displaced again off screen and Myne gets in trouble for it.
Manga - properly establishes property damage caused by Myne. The damage isn't big enough to cause trouble, but still noticeable enough to allow the people who want her gone to use against her.

One of the reasons the anime adaptation sucks.

I swear if they suddenly say that soil or patch of dirt is ‘sacred’ or ‘holy’ or whatever other shit, I’ma isekai myself to shove my arm their asses... actually... fuck, they might be into that. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan
Throughout history, there are many instances of problems which were easily resolved (say hand sanitation before handling babies to greatly decrease child mortality) because we didn't know any better. There are also plenty of rituals which have no grounds on reality but which were still done because they were harmless or didn't harm the society enough to be a problem.

Of course, the consuming does not need to be a problem, but Myne happened to live in a place and time when a commoner with the Consuming is most likely to die from it as a young child while their family would only be able to think that their child happened to be too weak (unknown reasons for child mortality). Nobility, who have mana, live completely segregated from commoners and if they do not need new blood they do not particularly seek to find and integrate commoners with mana and split their wealth and power (they're already sometimes in situations where they send some of their children to manage the churches). After all, the original nobles must have learned to use their mana on their own, just as Myne used her mana when she attacked the head priest, so it also makes sense to only look out for that.

Also, the use of toronbe hardly seems convenient. If there's a baby suffering from the consuming, you'll just bring a toronbe to touch the baby with, then throw the toronbe, and start hacking? The alternative to having tools that such out mana is for the person to forcefully use their mana and spread it (say in the ground), but when there's no such thing as school for commoners, who will even be there to teach those exceedingly rare cases of commoners with excess mana?

So yeah, personally, I don't have an issue with the consuming currently being a problem.

Dex-chan lover
@Kireato
And all that is plausible and all for a person from their world not for a reincarnator that has the most basic of knowledge about fiction in our world. Even if everyone around her said there was no way she should have looked for it and realized what was happening the times she unconsciously used mana.
I am not complaining about the society that still has consuming as a problem because that is just how undeveloped that society is, my complain is (as always) about the MC that the story can't decide if is competent or incompetent knowing a bunch of obscure things but being oblivious of basic knowledge that any other person would have.

forgot this manga was a thing still, fucking loved the anime, can't wait for the manga to catch up

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan
Magic is basic knowledge? How was she ever supposed to know that her fevers were a consequence of excess mana? She was reincarnated in a bedridden weak young girl in a poor illiterate family and she never unconsciously used mana. The only time we've actually seen her use her mana was when her family was threatened and by that point she was aware that she had the consuming but she didn't know anything about what mana was or how to use it. Even the merchant girl with the consuming, who clearly had access to more knowledge, did not know how to use mana and resorted to the common knowledge among nobles to use tools to absorb her excess mana. What is the basic knowledge anyone of us have exactly? Dabbing while yelling "FIRE" and thinking really hard about a flame to use magic?

Moreover, I don't know how you define competence, but Myne simply remembers some of the things she has read. We've seen that she relies on others to implement her ideas, that are simply memories from her previous life and not original thoughts. She's not an idiot, but she's no genius either. Myne's limits are set realistically. She is not some super baby with powers overwhelming even the most powerful people in the reincarnated world like we can see in other isekais. She is just a very average person who is in a body where she can't physically go around by herself to explore the world and experiment because she just becomes sick or too tired to move.

I completely disagree with you.

Users who are viewing this thread