Hope You're Happy, Lemon - Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
What a fucking dumpster fire. Never liked this Lemon bitch. Or the Sunao guy either. See you guys next week.
Normally I'd keep coming back every week to suffer, but this one sucks so much that I don't even want to read any new serialized romcoms anymore.

Dex-chan lover
I'm dropping this in 20 more chapters, hopefully it's close to the end at that.

Dex-chan lover
Girl was really like “I’ve gotta show him how I’ve changed [for the better]” right after guilting him into doing a bunch of shit he vehemently does not want to do, doing a great job there Lemon

Double-page supporter
Yeah she tries to please everyone by doing what they want her to do... except the guy that she's trying to make ammends with while also roping him into her shit. idk man this could have worked a few years ago if the characters were made to be clearly idiots, but in this narrative this kind of comedy doesn't cut it.

Group Leader
Not usually fond of het romance but this one is rather entertaining.
I think people are forgetting Sunao and Lemon grew up together. Doesn't matter if he believes she cheated on him. He knows her a little too well to not treat her like a human being.

For an 18 year old, Lemon being able to self reflect and wanting to address her personality flaws is actually rather impressive.
I know plenty of people in their late 20s and early 30s who are blind to their personality flaws. Plenty of shit people out there. Also know a lot of f*cking people pleasers. Most of them are finally getting out of this pattern of behaviour in their late 20s and after a lot of therapy.

Lemon being unable to come clean with Sunao is actually consistent with her character. Telling the truth would me she would likely have to also reveal that she still loves Sunao for it to make sense in context. That's a pretty hard conversation to have.

It's also obvious Sunao is still traumatised seeing as he was still having nightmares about Lemon 3 year later. When the truth comes to light he will get closure and recover from the trauma.

Supporter
It's also obvious Sunao is still traumatised seeing as he was still having nightmares about Lemon 3 year later. When the truth comes to light he will get closure and recover from the trauma.
it's the right thing to do, objectively, but it won't be near as helpful (in the near term, anyway) as some of y'all seem to think. Knowing Lemon could've cleared things up at any point in the intervening five-ish years of hell but waited until he was literally at her mercy before ripping that scab open...well, that'd be more than enough to send this guy right here into a rage to end all rages.

Dex-chan lover
Do they not go to the toilet for a whole 24hrs? You can avoid shower sure, but no peeing and no.2 for a whole day can't be good. And For a guy you have to pull out your dick. What she does on those days? Also periods.

Dex-chan lover
"Oh I want to make amends to him,make him trust me so he'll give me a second chance"

So how about starting by telling him the fking truth
The worst thing, unless given real evidence just her telling him she lied wont make him believe her, in a real scenario this relationship is not available to be fixed or given second chance (unless the person who was lied to, in this case MC, is a fucking doormat without self-respect).

Because who would believe their Ex just saying "Yeah of course, that thing i said about cheating on you with multiple people? a Lie!" I am guessing a "friend" was in love with him, so she pushed her aside to let her have a shot by being a doormat, but even if thats very stupid, its even more dumbass her lie, of all the things you can say to break up with someone, Cheating? to add to it, with multiple people? Its such a disgusting thing to do, that no person would say that even if they have done, people would LIE to not say they did such piece of crap.

So when your Ex comes to you and say it was a lie, why would you believe her? of all the lies she could say that the most ridicule reason, unless given actual evidence which is very likely to be impossible so many years after the fact, you will never be available to completely trust them, even if you are dumb enough to try to believe them.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Im really hating lemon, fck i really dont want her to get what she wants right now in any way.
Even leaving aside the cheating, its like, bitch he basically asked you to hang out with your friend, it was hardly an issue and more like a fun holiday. Regarding all the other stuff, he does the same for you, its part of what you two do to sort of handle the body swapping situation, it aint really fair... why is mc so dumb? tbh his behavior even made me forget the whole situation between those two until reading the comments.
One thing is being civil when you meet her for first time in years and another is going along with her shit.

Is it just me or it kinda looks like she wants to get along with him to feel better about herself rather than because she's acc sorry?

Dex-chan lover
This manga is not really doing a good job of making me (or from the looks of it most of the readers) like Lemon. It shows that she has an understanding of what was wrong with her in the past and making changes to some extent, but not doing the one thing that could make things right with the guy she likes, apologizing and explaining her reasoning for breaking up with Sunao. Then she goes to guilt trip him to doing a beauty pageant, because she helped him on a date (something that was set up before the whole body-swapping situation began, unlike the pageant) where she disregarded his plans to begin with. For someone who wants the guy she likes to see her in a new and better light, she's very dismissive of his thoughts and feelings throughout this whole ordeal. I really hope there's some realization on her part very soon about her behavior on her end because she's coming off very unsympathetic so far. Here's hoping that sempai wins Sunao, but I know how these types of manga tend to go, so I at the very least hope the author has Lemon realize she's been rather crappy to Sunao and start treating him better, because I can see this getting axed rather quick.

Preach it loud and proud
i would like this if the mc ever "explodes" on lemon and tells her everything people in the comments have been saying

Dex-chan lover
I think people are forgetting Sunao and Lemon grew up together. Doesn't matter if he believes she cheated on him. He knows her a little too well to not treat her like a human being.
That's what i was going with b4, i was assuming most of their interactions were driven by "habit", but Sunao not going "you cheated on me with 3 guys" when she was going on about the stuff she has done for him is kinda weird, specially considering the manga didn't present him as being over all that stuff, it even emphasized on how it was still weighting over him.

Lemon being unable to come clean with Sunao is actually consistent with her character. Telling the truth would me she would likely have to also reveal that she still loves Sunao for it to make sense in context. That's a pretty hard conversation to have.
It is true that it would be a really awkward conversation but don't you think he deserves that much? ik it'd be hard for her since in this weird situation she's getting a chance to "get him back", if she exposes herself she'd be risking a lot in some ways.
Yet he exposed himself to her and she destroyed him, its unfair to think its justified for her to have ignored him for 3 years and feel no need to rush telling him the truth now. It may be understandable to some degree but not justified.

Tbf i don't think she's a bad person, anyone makes mistakes and all that, but... clean up your shit would you?
Something what does annoy me about her is how she doesn't seem to consider how he feels, correct me and maybe we can discuss a bit further but... has it ever seem like she's trying to figure out how he's been doing after her lie? It really feels like she's ignoring it at the best of her ability.
If nothing else i do think she's self-centered, not a bad person but so far she seems that way. Well maybe mc is like that as well and this is just an authors issue.

It would be cool if the manga went about her noticing how much she hurt him, plus the lowkey hypocrisy of wanting to become a better person while maybe willingly ignoring what she did to him. Then mc noticing how he's cut from the same cloth, this is just speculation and it has its own issues but it wouldn't surprise me if he hadn't noticed how bad it was for her to be a pushover... Altho then i would have to wonder wtf they liked each other, it would seem like their relationship consisted in not giving a shit about each others situation XD

Contributor
I really like these conversations where they have to plan things together. Most body-swap stories don't actually have them swapping back and forth like this. It really does need a ton of coordination and communication to share an identity. They are both doing a lot of disassociation with their own identities to make it work.

Is this manga really trying to act like Lemon was a doormat when the MC is literally the most spineless person on the planet? I mean, come on, he’s bowed to her every whim every single chapter so far but somehow Lemon is the one struggling with putting her own desires to the side? This chapter made zero sense

Users who are viewing this thread