Hope You're Happy, Lemon - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Fed-Kun's army
I... think I hate Lemon? She's kinda awful about everything, she lied, broke Sunao's heart, didn't ever tell the truth, pretty much caused this whole body-swapping thing which he clearly is uncomfortable with, is now getting in the way of a new and most likely much more healthy relationship of his, still hasn't said a goddamn thing about her lies before, and yet despite all of this it feels like we're supposed to sympathize with her?!

Fed-Kun's army
I hope to god Lemon doesn't get back with him, she doesn't deserve him at all.

Unfortunately, I already know that's not how the story will go. Lemon and Sunao will get back together, of course, and they'll forget the gigantic toll she took on him, he'll forget ever having a crush on Kogahara and the possible crush she has on him, and it'll all work out for this lying jerk.

Dex-chan lover
I think she unconsciously avoided considering it cuz she’s blinded by her feelings of him. I bet the reason she lied about the whole “I dumped you cuz I was four-timing you” was for a very heavy reason but she couldn’t tell him the truth for… a dumb reason I bet… she’s hopeless.
About the date. It could actually be a simpler reason. If Kogahara is a lesbian, not a bisexual, she might believe that there would be no romantic encounter, only a movie. Kogahara may be a lesbian, but not necessarily in love with Lemon, after all, you can have gay friends who have no interest in you.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like people miss the entire point that they were in middle school when they dated and broke up. Middle school students are idiots, trying to associate manipulation or cunning to them is stupid.

Dex-chan lover
Seems I am one of the few who actually likes Lemon the most of the cast. ._.

Its meant to be a mystery as to why she did what she did, feels like so many just have absolutely no patience to...read the story and instead just want answers instantly.

I am fine with letting a story breath and build up beforehand.

Dex-chan lover
I hope fot the love of all that is good that she does not end up back with Lemon, even if she lied about the affair thing its something you never recover fully and it taints a relationship, hope she moves on with the other girl or a new girl alltogether

Dex-chan lover
As per this chapter, it's so weird that the fake NTR thingy topic that was first shown in the series is currently swept under the rug and they act as if that isn't a big deal. While it actually was. Look, It doesn't matter if its a fake NTR or not, the story stays the same. She broke his heart, toyed with it, and said nothing for a very long time, made him doesnt believe in love till he met Kogahara.

And now, this witch is being portrayed to be a savior for him. And without any heavy thought whatsoever he just got down to knees for her help, the perpetrator of his broken heart. Plus, the author seems to give small hints that they will end up together. As someone whose close ones have been broken hearted here and there. This rubs me in a very wrong way.

The more and more I think about it. Wouldn't removing the fake NTR thing going to make this series much better? The story about them breaking up still stays but maybe the cause can be because they had an immature fight, or maybe she just had to move elsewhere and didnt want LDR but never contacted him again which led him believing their relationship was built up for nothing in then and led him not believing in love. Or maybe they tried LDR but didnt work and communication just dieded. Its just, looking at their dynamic in this chapter it feels fake NTR is a way over the top reason and not necessary. Especially when its never been brought on the table for now.

Welp, thats quite a long write, sry if its seems heated, its a very sensitive topic after all. All and all let's see how the story goes from here.
fr it feels like ntr bait, if it even exist. because anything or any reason would've been better, at least imo rather than fake cheating lmao

Dex-chan lover
Now we just need to find out about the reason why she rejected him, hope its a good reason if not then im leaving this manga

Supporter
"They must really want to see that movie" - And the Nile is a river in Egypt.

Also, if you still love him WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BREAK UP WITH HIM?!
And like that. Making him think she was fucking with a bunch of other dudes while having a relationship with him that was barely a half-step above platonic while IN MIDDLE SCHOOL is gonna need one helluvan explanation.

Supporter
Like guy above said, this looks like her "cheating" never happened. Idk how he can talk to her normally when she cheated on him and never talked to him again. (ik its probs a lie etc but he thinks its real). Man acts like shes just a best friend he hasnt seen in a while.
Compartmentalizing and prioritizing. He's dealing with the most pressing issues in front of him (daily survival, preservation of his first potential relationship in nearly half a decade) first. Once things settle into a bit more manageable and familiar pattern, there will HAVE to be some real talk.

As per this chapter, it's so weird that the fake NTR thingy topic that was first shown in the series is currently swept under the rug and they act as if that isn't a big deal. While it actually was. Look, It doesn't matter if its a fake NTR or not, the story stays the same. She broke his heart, toyed with it, and said nothing for a very long time, made him doesnt believe in love till he met Kogahara.

And now, this witch is being portrayed to be a savior for him. And without any heavy thought whatsoever he just got down to knees for her help, the perpetrator of his broken heart. Plus, the author seems to give small hints that they will end up together. As someone whose close ones have been broken hearted here and there. This rubs me in a very wrong way.

The more and more I think about it. Wouldn't removing the fake NTR thing going to make this series much better? The story about them breaking up still stays but maybe the cause can be because they had an immature fight, or maybe she just had to move elsewhere and didnt want LDR but never contacted him again which led him believing their relationship was built up for nothing in then and led him not believing in love. Or maybe they tried LDR but didnt work and communication just dieded. Its just, looking at their dynamic in this chapter it feels fake NTR is a way over the top reason and not necessary. Especially when its never been brought on the table for now.

Welp, thats quite a long write, sry if its seems heated, its a very sensitive topic after all. All and all let's see how the story goes from here.
Super late to this manga, but exactly what I thought, I wish he treated her way worse, the author gave us the premise of him giving up on love becauase of her and even having nightmares, but now they are chilling talking like normal it makes 0 sense. EITHER go trhu with the hate for her or just dont get the tag in in here

Users who are viewing this thread