Horimiya

Dex-chan lover
Seeing the status makes me feel a little fuzzy inside. Had the same type of feeling at the end of lady and her butler. Sad that it ended but I'm glad that I'm with the group of people who enjoy the ride until the end

Found out today Horimiya has ended :(
It was one of the very first mangas that I got into
I love all the characters!

I look forward to the author's next work!

Power Uploader
Fuck man my heart is not ready for this yet, I've been reading this manga for too long

the worst part of this is that the older you get the more things start to leave you. it hurts so much to lose it even if you can re-read it again. I still mourn for shows and manga that have ended. Growing up and see everything leave you behind is painful but is part of growing sadly. You think it will be there until the end but it doesn't. it's like when we mourn people that have passed away, what hurts more than them leaving is the fact that you saw yourself with them till the end. Selfish really.

@TwixyNeo The raws have basically been finished since 18 March officially, hence the completed tag. The translated chapters will probably take a couple of weeks, so Horimiya will end around mid April. I really hope they do some spin-offs tho

Dex-chan lover
love the series to death man, it's the best thing that has happened to me as an average romcom manga enjoyer

Double-page supporter
I don't know how this pure gayness is held in such high regard. It's not SOME of the worst, it's THE WORST thing that has ever existed. F U, Whorimiya.

Last edited:
Supporter
I don't know how this pure gayness is held in such high regard. It's not SOME of the worst, it's THE WORST thing that has ever existed. F U, Whorimiya.
Seriously, what sort of comment is that?... "Pure gayness"?... "Whorimiya"?... Come on...

Anyway, I have mixed feelings on this one. Characters are nice and it puts in a good mood but, well, in the end, it may be a little too cute and nice: Miyamura is not very rock&roll and the oddities of Hori are not too credible, they look like plot devices to create stories. The show is a bit complacent in a bourgeois fluffy atmosphere, and childhood traumas seem to leave very little traces. The violence of both sides, whether it is that of Hori or that of Miyamura, does not seem to be particularly shown in a bad light, more like funny stuff, as if it is what makes this couple atypical. Not sure that’s the best message to send... Well, I guess talking about difficult topics is not the goal of this manga.

Double-page supporter
Seriously, what sort of comment is that?... "Pure gayness"?... "Whorimiya"?... Come on...
This manga is gayer than yaoi. TBH, the word "Whorimiya" came out of frustration, because it's so so awful. People calling this gay cringe fest "wholesome"... I just have an urge to insult it, or else there's no balance in this world.

Supporter
This manga is gayer than yaoi. TBH, the word "Whorimiya" came out of frustration, because it's so so awful. People calling this gay cringe fest "wholesome"... I just have an urge to insult it, or else there's no balance in this world.
There's not a single gay couple in this story if I recall correctly and even if there was, even if it was only about gay couples, I don't see why it could not be wholesome for people who are interested in that. I'm not particularly in gay stories myself but I don't see any reasons to make any kind of comments on them, I just don't read them and leave them for people who are into them.
My take is that your comment showed more about your own prejudices than about the story. It doesn't show you in a good light at all. I advise you to avoid posting that kind of stuff.

Double-page supporter
There's not a single gay couple in this story if I recall correctly and even if there was, even if it was only about gay couples, I don't see why it could not be wholesome for people who are interested in that. I'm not particularly in gay stories myself but I don't see any reasons to make any kind of comments on them, I just don't read them and leave them for people who are into them.
My take is that your comment showed more about your own prejudices than about the story. It doesn't show you in a good light at all. I advise you to avoid posting that kind of stuff.
By "gay" I mean "bad".

Dex-chan lover
Fuck man my heart is not ready for this yet, I've been reading this manga for too long
don't worry child, SS2 of the anime is coming out this July, and there will also be 3 new chapters added to the manga, so consider yourself blessed!

Users who are viewing this thread