Horobi no Kuni no Seifukusha - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - Entrance Ceremony

Dex-chan lover
The problems with your plans arise when involving another person. You never truly grasp the astonishing capabilities of said person until you put it to the test, well before the actual plan unfolds. But alas, it appears you've never undertaken such tests, leading to a grand overestimation of that person's capabilities.

Now, let's witness the grand spectacle of how you plan to salvage such a predicament.

Edit: For some reason, I feel like donning a monocle while saying it.

Feel like a lord wearing monocle.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"You guys"? Hardly the kind of formal language and poise I'd expect from a Lady, and the head of the Reformatory.
Yeah, I don't get what it is with people who translate like this. I mean, I get that it's technically accurate, but unless some other character makes a note of the manner of speech being out of place, then I would translate it so the speech fits the character's standing.

Group Leader
"You guys"? Hardly the kind of formal language and poise I'd expect from a Lady, and the head of the Reformatory.
The thing is, YOU GUYS could have also been replaced by BOTH OF YOU, but if you read the manga in japanese then it gives you the vibe that the head of departments are asserting dominance and ordering them, hence I used it to add a little negative feeling.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter! Looking forward to when Yuuri meets his roommates.

Double-page supporter
Probably hasn't forgotten the lines. She's likely suffering glossophobia -- Fear of public speaking.

Aggregator gang
First of all, thanks for the translation, it's honestly enjoyable to read. Now, there is only one thing I noticed at a glance with my half asleep brain while reading this for relaxation... and some others have noticed before. It's 300% constructive criticism, so don't take it badly!

"You guys" could have easily been replaced with "You two" for a more formal, but slightly demeaning way to refer to them by someone of a higher standing, or "You both". The use of "you" is already derogatory in such a formal situation, as it tells the parties that whoever is refered to as "you" is a nobody without a name, a title, or a position that matters to the involved parties.
The main issue is, "guys" belongs to a very informal setting, so it clashes a lot with the whole thing and just looks wrong, even to my sleep deprived mind. I understand where you're coming from since the og text likely tried to put down the two kids in the conversation, it's just that "guys" is a bad choice, since, well, it's also a word that besides being informal, is also one that determines closeness and a certain degree of intimacy.

And really, besides that above, the word was actually noticeable because everything else was well done, so it stuck out like a sore thumb. If you had said it was on purpose because you disliked that reformatory director, I would've completely believed you ahaha.

Anyway, my 2c, hopefully it wasn't a waste of time to read me. Keep up the great work.

Dex-chan lover
I know that we are expecting the princess to show up since she's on the cover.. but man.. what a start.. obviously she gonna have a character development but can we atop normalizing a tsundere who not only loud and rude but also using physical force? She's basically commit an assault but of course nobody can do nothing since she's a princess. Its obvious she doesn't need to apologize since mc will be the bigger person and apologize for 'not playing along with her plot of being her rival'.
Btw, she's not gonna be his waifu right? The waifu is his cousin who loves astronomy right? This is the only time i dont mind incest if the choices are between those two. Also the cousin is also a tsundere but i dont remember her being violent.

Users who are viewing this thread