Houkago Kitaku Biyori - Vol. 2 Ch. 17 - Let's Go See Some Goats

Dex-chan lover
Page 16 caught me off-guard as well as Chokki, it seems. Beautiful reaction, all the way through :)

Thanks for the chapter!

(edit: phrasing)

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
I love a goofy high-school sports match! It really takes me back....

I feel there are too few genuinely relatable experiences depicted in youth "slice of life" Manga. Nostalgia is powerful because it can make readers feel old, or make them feel young (again). Shun not knowing what a cassette tape is (Ch. 15, p. 3) is an example of the former, while Shun's soccer game in Phys-Ed class is an example of the latter. I prefer the latter because I like to feel young, not old!
I'll just toss this question out there: Was anyone else afraid of goats as a child? :bocchiwave:
I never went near the goats at my local petting zoo, let alone went inside their enclosure and fed any.

EDIT: Is the bottom-right panel on page 9 a reference to Heidi, Girl of the Alps (film, 1979)???

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Aw, my poor baby boy 🥺. He's trying so hard but his dreams being crushed finally got to him. Thank God for his kind classmates and silly goats.

Dex-chan lover
Everywhere I go...I am reminded that my beloved beasts of chaos have been squatted for 4th edition.

Dex-chan lover
Shunn-kun crying makes me very... It's quite mournful, even if he's cute through them tears. Got me right here in the Kokoro.

Dex-chan lover
Dude from his class who noticed the dissociation deserves a bit of recognition. Saw there was a problem, pulled Shun aside, kept the rest of the class from focusing on Shun and making the situation worse for him.

Not the perfect way to handle it but damn close for a teenager in the middle of PE.

Double-page supporter
love in this story feels chill and calm too
ok hoping this manga become anime adaptation

Users who are viewing this thread