How to Draw a (Slightly) Sexy Girl

Power Uploader
@theotherwaytoo Just prefacing this by saying I'm not associated with the group.

I don't think they have the author's approval to do this at all.
It's very rare to see a group that has the author's permission to translate a series.
Generally groups will either use a pirated scan of the series, buy the book/magazine and scan it themselves, or rip from the digital version.
That's not to say groups with permission don't exist, but they are mostly doing free twitter or pixiv webcomics so the author has nothing to lose from it.

It kind of seems like they're just profiting off of this author's work, especially since they're asking for a specific amount of money just to translate it.
Sometimes people want something translated so they will commission(pay) a group to translate it for them.
Some groups might do it for free and ask for a donation in their credits page
Some groups might translate something just because they find the series enjoyable

I know all these things, and they make sense when it comes to manga -- but this is not manga, this is an educational book. This is not a chapter available in some random inexpensive magazine, it's a full book sold for a full price of 2000 yen normally.

I understand that this might be the same thing to you, but the difference is night and day in my eyes. This is a website to share manga, and this is just a pirated book. It is not something the author "has nothing to lose" from, the author may very well choose to publish an official translation later, and hell the author might've been willing to WORK WITH this group to translate his book, but somehow I don't think he was given the option.

Again, when it's something published by a big magazine, and it's very inexpensive, meh, I get it. But when it's a serious book made by some little guy on twitter, I dunno, it really rubs me the wrong way that they're asking for money to translate it.

But regardless, even if you disagree with all of that: it's an educational book, it's not manga, so I don't see why it belongs here.

Dex-chan lover
More updates please. This edutainment manga helped me improve so much.

Double-page supporter
And let's not forget to watch lots of K-On and other KyoAni anime to get the faces just right.

Dex-chan lover
There should be a manga where a mangaka gets transported to an Isekai world, and when he draws a sexy sketch of a person in front of him, their appearance changes to being sexy. He is requested by the king of the kingdom that summons him to draw his daughter, the princess, but the mangaka accidentally draws her ugly (because he didn't read this book about how to draw sexy girls), and she becomes very ugly. The effect is not reversible, so the king tries to execute the mangaka, so then he escapes by drawing himself as an ugly goblin. He goes into the forest and stumbles upon a goblin village, but they find him handsome, and he gains a female goblin harem and lives happily ever after. The end. Oh, but then Goblin Slayer arrives and wipes out the goblin village, and the only survivor is the mangaka who turned into a goblin. The mangaka spends the rest of his life trying to seek revenge.

thanks man, finally someone translated some drawing book 😆
i had many on my drive it really pain to read cz sometimes i google translate one by one

Why is this so highly rated? Boggles my mind. It's just a guide on drawing average looking girls; if people were interested in average looking people they would simply go outside instead of spend their time staring at a monitor, reading fiction.

I'm not even into drawing, yet this still interesting and quasi-ecchi in its own right.

Users who are viewing this thread