How to Grill Our Love - Vol. 8 Ch. 69 - An Unexpected Encounter with Dad’s Chosen One!

Dex-chan lover
I really like how their personalities really suit each other. A lot of manga have two people that end up together but actually doesn't really suit each other, but in this case I can't imagine another personality that will suit any of them.

Dex-chan lover
On a real note while I'm glad that they got to meet face to face with her dad's girlfriend and realize that she's not a bad person at all, I'm a little disappointed that we only got to see the end of Chihiro's conversation reconciling with her dad.

Like it's definitely sweet and meeting Ueno gets the point across that Chihiro was being unreasonable and should respect her dad's wishes to be happy but I guess it's a little short on the actual reconciliation? But alas, these chapters have to have a certain amount of pages and you can't fit all of that into one and I'm not sure if people would be happy if we had yet another chapter dedicated to this sub-plot.

I also wonder if anything is going to be made of Kenta texting Dad without her knowledge but I guess there's the potential of Kenta and Chihiro visiting them and getting to interact more in later chapters.

Dex-chan lover
It seems Chihiro really is a cool girl! She doesn't try to be one, but she is. But the people who know her, know she isn't just cool, she's a kind and honest girl too! And she really likes sweets too!

I like how Yaeko-san introduced herself. She really is pretty mature and lets Chihiro know that her dad talks a lot about her. I'm guessing Chihiro was worried that her dad would only be interested in Yaeko, but now that she know he also wants Yaeko to know more about his family, he's serious about making her a part of his life.

That Pot-au-feu with Tomatos looks delicious! Kenta's really good at improvising meals, even with such little time to prepare and a small amount of ingredients!

Group Leader
This was a nice resolution.
I really like the personality and name of Yaeko Ueno she seems cheerful and wise :wooow: let them continue be all well and drama free.

Dex-chan lover
I can't blame her, she is faced with realizing that her dad has moved on somewhat after her moms passing. Coming to terms with that notion that your parent may not be the one and only for your other parent is hard. I am glad however that this is seemingly going to wrap up soon. Seemed dragged out more than necessary really.

Users who are viewing this thread