How'd You Discover MangaDex?

I joined this place just to read scanlations of the Splatoon manga. Since then, I've read several other manga, some of which I haven't even heard of before, and some I only read because I didn't feel like watching whatever anime adaptations they had (e.g.: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure...or, at least, everything but Part 3).

Power Uploader
I came from (real) batoto in the day one of MD. I'm still here because is the batoto "sucessor" with the best usability.

Group Leader
I never used batoto while it was up
I used aggregators but read Epic of Gilgamesh on mangadex because most other aggregators didn't have it, and at some point I saw that translation groups actually uploaded there themselves.
Wait that's awesome!
So I joined

and the reader was/is better than the ones I would previously use

Short version: I visited Irregular Scans' twitter and discovered that they put their pages here. And then I decided to make an account cause apparently you can't read other mangas without having one

Fed-Kun's army
Sometime after Bato.to served notice, I heard of MangaDex on Reddit. The ad- and malware-free aspect cemented it for me.

When the announcement that Bato.to was closing, i found Mangadex mentioned in a thread on NovelUpdates Forum, i think, and there was the talk about how Mangadex was basically the spiritual successor. Came here in the early days, made an account and the rest is history

Dex-chan lover
Found it on Know Your Meme after seeing Komi for the millionth time and deciding to binge it after a boring summer.

Supporter
I think bato.to advertised it as its successor before it died, so I started coming here around three days after bato.to died. The only reason it took me three months to finally make an account is because I'm retarded.

I was growing tired of those crappy aggregators sites, so I stayed a long time without reading anyting because I was too lazy to search for a good site. It happens that recently i was in a urge to read what happens after the second season of Golden Kamuy so I found an scanlator site that uploaded the manga here. After seeing how this site was clean of ads and the reader was way better than all the sites I have seen I decided to create an account.

Couldnt remember it clearly but i think its from bato.to at their dying process.

Group Leader
MangaDex was at the very TOP search when I was looking for a decent manga website where I can read at peace. Turns out they did and never failed to meet my expectations.

Dex-chan lover
I used to only use aggregator sites
then my computer received a grand total of 16 different viruses
I think one manga I read had a front page telling everyone to read the chapter on mangadex and not on any aggregator site and thus I was converted

Dex-chan lover
kissmanga
The translator notes at the end of one the mangas i was reading said "FUCK KISSMANGA" and told me to come here (shrug)

doki visitor since 2009, never register to manga site before as most time just i google and use anything at top

Bro recommended solo leveling to me while i was bored, it was on this site so i made an acc to follow the updates.

Users who are viewing this thread