How'd You Discover MangaDex?

Shame on my head, but I came over from KissManga when they blocked Adblocks back in April 2018. Although, I previously already had a strong feeling of guilt about reading on an aggregator site. I had tested out Batoto when it still existed but apparently I was too technically inept to properly use it at that time and thus stuck with KissManga till the bitter end. Googling my last read chapter then brought me to MangaDex where I have stayed ever since, albeit originally just as guest reader for the longest time until one day the DDoS made it impossible for me to even open any chapters. This lead to me joining as a member.

I have a story to how I got to MangaDex.

Before MangaDex I was using Kissmanga (I hate kissmanga). I didn't use kissmanga (Every time I say it's name, hurts my soul) that much, I use it once a week to see if any manga was updated. Also I don't have an account on kissmanga (Please stop saying it's name), I save the name of a manga on a notepad on my pc. One day I open Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken to see if it had a new chapter. Then I saw that it had a new chapter, then I open that chapter to see one image (I don't remember the details of that image) and it said to go to Mangadex.org. And that is the story on how I discovered MangaDex, by the way that chapter of Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken about telling me to go to MangaDex was later removed.

Bonus Story
A few days has passed and I still don't have an a account on MangaDex, then I open the settings menu to change the background color to black. Then I realize that if I have an account on MangaDex all the settings I change would stay intact and also I can save my manga on my account instead of saving the name of the manga on a notepad on my pc.

A semi-long story.
Around a year and a half ago, I was a casual anime fan but never really dug into the origins of anime, subcultures related to anime/Japan, etc. Being the student I am, i have instagram. One day whilst scrolling, i discovered Webtoon. Eventually, all the webtoon artists i followed on instagram made my feed very anime/manga related. 2 weeks after discovering Webtoons, i saw this great looking artwork of a series, which i later discovered to be Sono Bisque Doll. I read the first chapter on Kissmanga (or some other subpar site), but was deeply unsatisfied with the site itself because of its Interface. Lo and behold, The Credits Page has a discord link (at the time i did not know this was commonplace). I joined the discord, and met the wonderful staff at Moe Panda Scans. Every time they released a new manga, it'd always be a Mangadex link, same as when manga was recommended. So all in all I naturally discovered this place by pure happenstance, and am eternally grateful for the magnificent pieces of art I've read and the people I've met through this shared interest

Someone suggested solo leveling to me. Ive always read mangas on aggregate but ive had issues finding chapters of solo leveling so after communing to google san i found this place

i moved here since it feels like i get faster update and everything else i read is here which is funny coz now the reason am here left. Why cant we just have a nice thing that isnt ruined by anything?

I've been reading manga online for about 20 years. Back then, it was so dang difficult to find and you usually had to resort to downloading it from some seedy back-alley website that wanted to harvest your organs. Alas, I had/have an addiction.

I've found them all over the years, and left aggregators for all sorts of reasons. Most of the time it's because they're assaulting me with ads that remind of those organ-harvesting scumbags from the old days, but sometimes it's just because their site is slow as molasses, poorly designed, or makes it difficult to keep track of what you're reading.

I used MangaFox before this, and once I'd had enough, I started noticing the name "MangaDex" on the credits pages for a lot of my favorites manga. So I came here to check it out. Take it from me, this is the best one out there. It's clean, it's fast, and not only was the manga tracking top-notch when I joined, they've continually shown improvements that make it even better.

mrf

Probably my selfishness. I don't want people to gain profit from others and from me.

Oh, discord and the comment above me.

Edit: can't run from people profiting from others so I don't really care anymore about that.

If my memory serves me right, I believe that I discovered MangaDex through Reddit. I was browsing the Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU subreddit and somehow discovered MangaDex through there.

I began to get into shounen ai, and looked some up on Youtube, which led me to a manga called "Caramel Honey" (which was actually yaoi), and I went to a bootleg manga reading site to read it, from there I went on to an actually Shounen Ai, "Too Close", and in the beginning pages it said "SUPPORT US BY READING THIS AT MANGADEX.ORG!" So yeah.

Contributor
I found it on day 5 (I think?) as one of the batoto successors in an /a/ thread. When it became clear that Mangadex was actually more than just another meme or temporary site, I made an account.

The scanlation team doing DraliFra in spanish started using Mangadex, so I gave it a try, and well, I stayed, is nice here.

Contributor
Used Batoto most of the time, after it went down I used Madokami for a few months until I randomly heard of Mangadex. Probably from /a/.

First thing on google when I searched for a specific manga. site was like 5 days old at the time and seemed nice.

Users who are viewing this thread