How'd You Discover MangaDex?

Found it on a batoto thread when batoto was closing down.

I originally read manga for about 2 years on mangahere, then after it stopped working for a while, I found batoto. It was then that I properly understood what scanlation was, and not wanting to feed the leechers any more traffic, started reading only on batoto. I didn't make an account till 7-8 chapters of komi-san were released on Oct 24th-25th 2018 (and you couldn't read them all if you weren't a member), and then had a great couple of months before news came about it shutting down. Then, of course, found the thread talking about mangadex.

Got sick of kissmanga's shit, but I did not want to lose my saved manga that I have been reading (500+). Then I found a comment on kissmanga about mangadex and how they could transfer titles from kissmanga. Im like heeeelll to the yeeeeell and boom here I am. Mangadex has never disappointed me in the least bit. ?

I was searching for Manga chapter which it was missing so start searching on Google ,and pop up a r/ manga thread when I saw the link I was curious because it was a site I didn't know these days ; so the link bring me here ,and I have no regrets I stay because for many reason i proved many sites but it was very difficult to use on mobile here has a nice interface and nice to use on mobile <3
I like the interface and content :)
thank you everyone of mangadex ♡♡

I'm another refugee from Batoto. I'd been active there since late 2013. With the shutdown and sale of bato.to, I was looking for another non-commercial site. Some of the remaining active threads on vatoto mentioned Holo's good work, so I made an account here.

Thanks to the direct link to anonymous scanlation of GoToubun. The site striked me for its quality and i started using it as my main mangabrowser since then.

Group Leader
One of my group members sent it to me right after bato.to shut down
The policies of MD was respectful n showed appreciation to the hard work of the scanlators so i decided to give it full support
Honestly i don't read anywhere else anymore
I'm too used to this site now

I was just searching for a slightly difficult to locate Korean webcomic and Mangadex popped up in the search.
Lost my Chrome bookmarks 6 months later so I figured I should join to keep track of everything, since they're not list-able on MAL.

Dex-chan lover
A translation group (forgot which one) said in their end credits "MangaDex". Almost a year, I think

From a comment on the resurrected bato.to, months after the original shut down apparently. Prior, I was just using a web scraper application.

Got here from a group´s credit page whilst being a regular on manganelo.com. I took a liking to the quality of the site, stuck around, and after the DDoS began, I´ve created an account 😄

Let's start from the begining i have a local place where i'm buying manga but the quality of translations especially in the past was questionable and back then like 10+ years ago there wasn't much to choose from. I started to look for something new to read on the internet. I've found a site(don't remember the name but it isn't operational anymore) and started reading stuff there. After this site stopped working i found 2 new sites (mangafox and mangareader) from time to time chapters had watermarks or pages saying that if you see it on certain sites then it's stolen work. That's how i found Batoto. I used Batoto from this point and i was semi active on it's forum. I'm basically import from Batoto.
That's my story ;p

Contributor
Saw it posted on 4chan in the wake of batoto's closure. Decided to wait until most groups started coming to register an account.

I think it was through a discord server that it was mentioned, don't remember, and I decided to join cuz it seemed like a good site to read manga and I was not disappointed

I discovered Mangadex through a friend posting an image from Iron Ladies chapter 1. I then joined Allen's discord server which then led to here. Read on here for a long time before finnaly deciding to create an account. Been here ever since then.

Group Leader
I discovered by a US team which, after Batoto closed, decided to upload their release with priority on Mangadex

Users who are viewing this thread