How'd You Discover MangaDex?

Dex-chan lover
In Sequence
Aggregator (Mangakakot,Kissmyassmanga) > Batoto > Scanlator site(some leads to own domain ,some using imgur )> Mangadex.

I found out from dropout scans since I was following Tomo from them then saw batoto closing down so it was curiousty from there and then here

Group Leader
After bato.to's shutdown, former groupmates came and registered here. I just followed them

Supporter
Reddit, I got really fucking tired of having to find a new way to catalogue who was doing what, plus I liked the plugin i had that made batoto a one page scroll format. Someone posted that you could import your follows into mangadex so I made the jump, it worked, then i made a small instructional video on how to do it for the visual learners out there.

Dex-chan lover
Was around for the end of bato.to and this was listed as an alternative. Went back to kissmanga for a while because I hadn't gotten rid of my account but just couldn't handle the fucking horrendous ads anymore. Bit the bullet and just systematically bookmarked all my series over here.

God, I hate kissmanga.

Aggregator gang
Kissmanga is pretty much doing everything possible to push people away from their site, so I had to look for an alternative. MD is not so bad so far but it's missing some stuff I read and It has some annoying things like all the doujins and that I can't search for stuff like only completed series.

Dex-chan lover
Not much for me to discover, since, like many others, I was there when Batoto was on its deathbed and in its death throes managed to whisper: "Mangadex, Mangadex", before it finally drew its last breath.

KissManga went to shit with cancerous ad-ridden plugins and invasive bullshit. MD is easy on the eyes and it has many options for you to customize for your reading pleasure, that's a big plus.

On the down side, there are many features I wish they'd implemented. Like a notification system that would notify you if a series you're following got updated with a new chapter. Or a better tag search system.

From Functionality less MangaFox, Ad heaven KissManga , Death of Mangatrader and couple of mobile apps, I found Batoto and a site called MangaPark with manga's with multiple source. But soon they betrayed me too. Then after many for ups and downs , some long distance relationship I found my two love? Mangadex and ? Madokami .
But if this two also starting to cheating on me I am gonna commit suicide ?

Mangadex has almost all the functionality that I need and Madokami is the best replacement of MangaTrader for downloading Manga and Light Novels....

I was from Kissmanga and I actually came here from the Anti KissManga Anthology. Was thinking about changing site before founding that series and after reading that chapter, I happily change site.

Group Leader
Wew, I thought I had already answered this !
I've known about AniDex since the dawn of times and when Bato.to shut down, I was surprised (in a good way) to see MangaDex would be a thing, I immediately jumped aboard when this was but a rowboat full of bloody holes ! And I'm glad I did ? I went on Discord asap and I've been having a blast since then.

Group Leader
From The dark side of Aggregator sites I saw the text "Originally uploaded on mangadex.Do not read on aggregator sites like xx and xx",
and so I decided to switch to using mangadex.A week later I started scanlating manhua on my own.

It was the same as Anzi, i'm old reader of Batoto.
Batoto was much better than Chuumanga and Mangakitsune, i know them but never read anything on them.

Miku best girl
Admin
I'd like to extend a warm welcome to all of our new users! ?

Fed-Kun's army
i was looking for a website replacement for nhentai lmao

Dex-chan lover
At first I'm entirely anime-only. I considered reading anything to be a general waste of time when my hobbies are so fixed on watching (kinda ironic considering how I also write for a hobby).

[Rules don't say anything about mentioning other manga sites as long as you are not explicitly advertising it so don't ban me if I am breaking some other unspoken rule. I only got active in the forums recently.]

Then The Anime Man introduced me to check out "Sweet Home" on Webtoons. I've actually known about that for quite some time, but I never had that tiny push I needed to start reading. But as soon as I caught up on Sweet Home, oh man I got to everything else. DICE, Refund High School, Nano List, Rise from Ashes, and HIVE to mention a few I caught on at that time.

So I figured, "Hey, I'm already reading comic so why not go for mangas?"

That's where I got to a different manga site called manganel.com. It's shut down now :)

They launched a different site called manganelo.org. At this phase I'm switching back and forth between manganelo, mangadex, and mangarock. Holy crap I just realize every manga site has manga in them ._.

I read a manga called "Magic Marriage" and on one chapter the translators used different fonts per page to make it hard to read while complaining about leacher sites that take their translations without permission which caused them to raise less money, and pretty much tells us to go to mangadex since that's where they're working on.

But it's not really the end of the story. What forced me to make an account was this one guy on [manga title which I forgot cause it was so bad. It's something about a yandere] and this guy who can't take a joke.

He came up and said something like "Rip in pieces is not a proper, because rip is already rest in peace so what you are trying to say is rest in peace in pieces."

Edit: Found it. https://mangadex.org/chapter/394278/comments

I got so triggered that I made an account just to rage on him -_-

But hey, I started using this site more often so all that's well ends well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Earlier I was just reading Lazy Dungeon Master on KM butI notice that the chapters were missing/disorganized so then I read the Tl's note that the whole chapter can be read in Mangadex so I decided to go here and then realized that a bunch of newly released manga where in here sooo no regrets, and probably gonna start to read here from now on...

Users who are viewing this thread