How'd You Discover MangaDex?

Group Leader
Always saw mangadex links on r/manga.
Decided to check out Mangadex because I had nothing better to do during spring break

Came because MangaRock's reader wasn't as good. Stayed because MangaRock shut down (RIP MangaRock.... good luck to inkr but it's futile - the manga industry is the real reason we don't have a good, legal aggregator).

Fed-Kun's army
The translator note at the credit page of (lotta) manga/manhwa/manhua i read. They said i should read theirs at mangadex. So i did.

Aggregator gang
Wanted to read complete chapters of Koroshi Ai and Kingdom since a lot of it weren't included in some sites like batoto or manga apps. So I checked where the scanlation groups uploaded their stuff and found my way here.

In a post script in a manga, don't remember which, on a different site, the mangadex community was mentioned in a positive way. I got curious.

Dex-chan lover
Been around ever since mangadex exist since batoto shutdown

So i discovered mangadex via stalking any information available about batoto's replacement

Double-page supporter
found about mangadex from one of the chapters kissmanga ripped from someone that advertises mangadex ad free website...
tried it out, changed that same day... no regrets... been here ever since :)

found mangadex name in twitter when i searched about good website to read manga. tried to access it and i am very happy to find an ads-free site to read. recommend it to many friends and they're satisfied too~

I cant remember about myself, but I was the 1 who sent a request to mark/check system on chapters

already knew about it, but i was using mangarock till it completely shut everyone out of trying to read there.
I'm kinda gonna miss the organization of manga rock... and the convenience of it being an app... *sigh*.... ANYWAYS, when MR shut down, i knew this website was the next most reliable for content and quality. The design is really nice, and i feel safe on this site. This place was definitely more updated than mangarock and now remains the only one, for me anyways.

Having problems with my gadget so I couldn't download the series that I follow from the original scanlator's website. Looking for aggregator sites which upload it fast enough. Fall in love with MangaDex because the mangas are well categorized and easily searched. Plus, it has scanlations from many languages, not only English.

Dex-chan lover
Don't remember.
It wasn't batoto if that makes you feel better.
Could've been reverse image searching something and google showed a mangadex result, as I remember google's text search was anal when it came to bringing up mangadex links even after I started using the website.
It was during the time a certain mostly-shounen manga website kind of died for me, the last series I cared for on it ended and I wanted to find new manga.
I was already looking for alternatives to kiss anime/manga.
The closest we ever got to the "anime" mangadex was "master ani" but that site died quickly.
People just torrent anime now I guess.

Mangarock never worked for me because I read manga on PC. Mangadex was the best ad-free, PC-monitor friendly option.

siu

came from kissmanga. dont remember exactly how i found mangadex but started to get annoyed with all the ads and pop-ups in kiss so i searched for a new site. found mangadex probably through some forum or somthing

From r/manga, I've been reading manga for some time but specifically, one day I decided I wanted to read more manga but for some reason there was an apocalypses going on because the biggest manga site (batoto) closed and some people said this was legit, honestly I'm quite surprised how much this site has grown

Users who are viewing this thread