I Am the Real One - Vol. 1 Ch. 22

i hope her father would realize and reflect on how he's been treating his daughter. so far, he's getting there (though slowly, seems realistic) but i really really hope he can communicate with her soon. or he would just end up losing her again--in a different way this time. also looking forward to seeing how things would go down when the fake comes into the scene. hopefully we'll have more backstory on FL's powers and all that. ^^; anyways, this series is a bit slow-paced, but looking forward how the story progresses! thanks so much for the scanlation as always, Speedcat & Just Do It! :D

I really like this genre, but there's something about the mean dad suddenly turning good when the daughter changes her attitude that alarms me. Like she literally threw herself down the stairs and you didn't care. Now that she's seeing someone and giving you the cold shoulder you care? I wish she wouldn't forgive him since he literally killed her last time, but seeing how this type of story goes, my hopes are greatly diminished.

Group Leader
it's hard to say whether or not people deserve second chances for a change of heart tbh. like yeah you were a major dick (an understatement), but if you genuinely changed, then that's completely valid. a lot of people hate the father and maybe even want to see him suffer, which i lowkey agree with. endure the consequences if you're truly reflecting on your past actions, and you will be compensated in return... maybe? lol

Dex-chan lover
Just realized, Colette must have known that the prophecy would come into effect since she wasn't his real daughter which is interesting. dunno if the author thought about that tho

The father got a sudden change of heart why is that eh?
He's so ruthless before

Double-page supporter
AHHHAA fuck uuu bitch ass neglecting father LMAO honestly tho i love that he's starting to change too. I just wanna see him suffer for a bit while he does and then earn her love

I wanna see him suffer and never earn her love, because she doesn't deserve a piece of trash in her life. He's been emotionally neglectful for so many years, why does he deserve another chance?

I hate that the dad is suddenly interested in the well-being of his daughter only after she became cold to him. I wish the writer found a different way to make him change his stance towards her. This just reeks the same as those crappy shoujo manga where the MC treats the arrogant male lead coldly and he gains interest in her cus 'she's different'. It's not exactly the same but it just feels similar and I hate it. 🤐

@collagen I think what author is going for is the Emperor taking his daughter's presence for granted. As in, it's something he was accustomed to, expected, and secretly liked without realizing. So, he would only notice when it stopped how much he missed it.

I personally think it's funny, but I do think the author didn't necessarily have to make him be so awful. Additionally, he's gonna have to do some SERIOUS heavy lifting for us to even consider giving him the right to act like a father lololol

Group Leader
Yeah, get knocked down a peg, you fool. Realized that you have lose your daughter trust and be agonized.

Double-page supporter
I don't want a redemption arc for this fucker.
DO NOT give him a redemption arc.
He's a piece of shit.

oh hell no not this bullshit. forget the execution bc those are future events. he made a child feel so unloved that she basically self harmed for attention..that's a diff level of neglect. he needs to burnnnnn. the way this story is going sucks.

when is this bastard gonna understand he's been neglecting his daughter this whole time, and that Kiera isnt putting up with him anymore :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread