I Am the Real One - Vol. 1 Ch. 28

her great aunt has the same name as me thats definitely a first seeing it somewhere lol

Listen, I have said this before and I will say it again, the only redemption arc that would make me look at him as a good-ish character would be if he sacrificed himself for MC, no exceptions.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@eminyan
he can better himself and admit his mistakes

If he betters himself, admits his mistakes, and does at least the minimum of the remaining actions available to him as a Dad (i.e protecting/supporting her from the shadows since she clearly doesn't want anything to do with him instead of supporting her openly, intruding on her personal space)

That itself is considered redemption.
Redemption does not mean the girl has to forgive him and be a family again, nor does it mean erasing his sins.

As long as his character moves on from "Grade-A Abusive Asshole" to "Was once an asshole, now a moron" its "sufficient" redemption (sufficient being subjective).

Whitened Chocolate Milk's (I'm not a bad person just because i can use darkness LN)
mother
is one example of "somewhat redeemed but not forgiven". This dad here can reach this state at best.

@Rel_ same, it would bother me a lot if the dad was the same all throughout the whole story. he would be, as you said, 2 dimensional

Today episode on How to cripple relationship with your children and Get them to never visit you again.

Dex-chan lover
@eminyan
There actually was one point where the dad might be having some future mistake whiplash deja vu and regretting it(i believe he's been having nightmares about it, aka his changes might not just be the MC's fault, that said
he did kill her in her previous life, and he was responsible for everything that happened when he did (won't spoil that unless asked, that's basically the mother of all spoilers for this story and explains half the plot) whether you think the dad is trying to better himself or not depends strongly on your interpretations of a few things in that spoiler i can't spoil easily, but he is acting a bit better this time around.

Ugh I dislike him with a passion
so glad she and her brother dump his ass. He deserves to be alone

Dex-chan lover
@Wyzarka
I didn't read the novel, there's a spoiler thread on novelupdates that has extensive spoilers on it that getting a breakdown of the story is pretty easy, i did consider reading it but i decided to stick to the manhwa since a few things seem slightly changed.

@lucyshiki
If i remember right
she comes back to him at the very end of the series, the brother still loathes him but i guess she wants to try.

Dex-chan lover
Yes. Suffer some more daddy...
I'm reminded of Claude from Who made me a princess. Was he as bad?

this has been bothering me for awhile but do keira and her brother have the same mother? or is her brother her step brother?

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly, I'm a sucker for a cute parent who can't express himself and I find myself feeling for him
especially since I read that she leaves him in the end
but then I remember that he literally stood there as she was executed and how much torture she had to endure because he was an imbecile...even if he thought she wasn't his real daughter, the fact that she has lived with him for that long should've meant something....Anyway, the second I remember that he is a shitty miserable existence, I forget my sympathy towards him

Users who are viewing this thread