I Am the Real One

@Jirachan thats just plain historical european setting with nobility. I'd say the time period you're describing is probably more 1300-1800? Because before 1300 I dont think there'd be a lot of tea, and those fairytales tend to be more knights and dragons and magic and adventure than extravagant balls. And thats more medieval. The genre you like is historical romance.

@emmy5 Ohhh I would love know know about that 😲and, this "actually, I was the real one" manga, is an example of " Historical European setting with nobility"? Right?

Yeah that's right, I'm into historical romance, but don't know about history. That's why I want to learn the history as well.

@Jirachan So are you looking for more stories like this, or are you legitimately interested in the history? A lot of manga have a very similair setting, I could suggest a few if you want.

If you're interested in the history behind it, stories like this are written by people who have very little knowledge of what the time period was actually like. I'm not blaming them, if I wrote a novel set in Korea in 1492 I wouldn't have the slightest idea of what it was like, just vague ideas I picked up from Korean stories. I still enjoy some medieval settings (not this one, funnily enough) but I actually find the differences between the way fiction portrays this and the history to be fascinating. Medieval politics and nobility were MUCH more complicated than these stories make them out to be, and had values and beliefs that are very hard for modern audiences to understand.

@Jirachan as @thegiantpossum there's no historical accuracy at all, it's a fantasy world. If we have to look for a similarity in real life it will be central Europe in the Modern Period.

The female dresses resemble those of the XVIII century but it's really a mixture between different styles. Male uniforms are kinda late XIX century (the trousers) even early XX century, the same as military strategy and politics. Also commerce is clearly what we would call the begginig of liberalism but in the hands of noble families instead of bourgeoisie, I may be wrong here but it's clearly NOT a medieval economy of fiefs (feudalism).

The author didn't care about historical accuracy nor that is necessary since is a fantasy world.
This is of course, my opinion. I may be wrong but this is what it comes to mind.

@jirachan if you are looking for a story that is historically accurate because you want to learn about European history do NOT read manhwa and webtoons to learn about it, I can firmly say that there are no webtoons that are solely historically accurate and authentic to the setting, especially for a European setting. You will not be learning any actual history because these types of webtoons are set in fantasy worlds and are in part written by authors who are more focused on bringing a dramatic story rather than something that’s historically accurate because it’s not essential.

You know, when a thing works only on females why isn't the line of succession matrilineal? It would solve ALL of their problems

So does this have romance? At the beginning people said it didn’t and didn’t have the tag and now they added the tag back so idk.

The plot of these is always so weird. I mean who executes their daughter just cause a rando shows up claiming to be family. What a shitty dad

@Tut557 Well they do live in kind of a medieval period and while there is magic those kind of worlds in fiction usually have pretty shitty medical knowledge and techniques since they rely on spells to fix everything. So in a family that absolutely has to pass on their linage for the very existence of the kingdom it makes sense for a male to have multiple wives and thus multiple children at once rather than a female having multiple (Or even just one since the number wouldn't have any impact) husbands but only being able to bear one child at a time during a period when childbirth could have a pretty high chance of turning deadly for the mother. Plus the last spirit user just decided she didn't want to marry or have children and there was nobody with enough authority to force the matter so if that situation repeated but with a generation with only one heir with no siblings the family would basically be fucked

Thank you for the update

Spoiler alert
The shitty POS dad is forgiven in the end... What a surprise...

I looked at the synopsis and was pretty fukin skeptical but I had the tiniest bit of hope that maybe the Father was just hypnotized or disillusioned. But the parents are just dumbasses. And then in chapter 1, at only 8 pages, they revealed that the water spirits are proof of being the daughter, but "hey a random girl claimed to be my daughter. Lemme just tell the public cuz they are dumb and will also believe the random girl and execute my real daughter without evidence". Yep this one is a lost cause. Only those with absolutely nothing else to read will read this.... Someone like me.

The father is a dumb man. He probably changes in 2nd timeline just because she changes her attitude to him. She dislikes him now. I dont think he remember the 1st timeline. He just begins to realise how important his daughter to him after he lost her. Too late stupid man.

Users who are viewing this thread