I Became the Ugly Lady

Huh why are the comments full of people suddenly talking shit about korea out of nowhere when this webtoon is clearly talking about the beauty standard during medieval era I mean remember those noble ladies used to tighten their corsets to get an ideal body shape and put on mercury face powder to maintain a skin as white as snow

Let's be real this is definitely commenting on the unrealistic S.Korean/East Asian in general beauty expectations on women* @reijou.

It can also be applied to the medieval period...though depends on the region and timing, because different unrealistic beauty expectations have been put on women* throughout history. Colourism has also permeated, furthered by classicism, colonialism, racism etc.

The art is cute and gorg, but this 'because she's 'bigger' she's instantly mean and in need of bettering herself... 😑😭OVER IT!

It's applicable to any/all cultures TBH, just how the expectations are presented varies 🤷🏽‍♀️

Brih the raws omggg
the way she turned thin is weird, like super weirddd. There was like an elf and idk what happened, then i think she choked or something after doing something. Then she tool a bath and the fat just melted... yes it meted like wax... weird i know... just super weird...

I personally don't enjoy it's pretty much a rip off of death is the only ending for the villainous but alot worse. I also don't enjoy the concept that she's ugly because she over weight or that because no one paid attention it's ok to hurt people? I honestly just don't enjoy the plot.
@merrilee3s I couldn't agree more

The art is very pretty.
I’m not too sure what I think about the story as of right now

...an arm can be fractured from hitting a vase???? RATHER, a vase can shatter from an arm knocking into it???? In what world's physics...... That's gotta be some martial arts strength, MC found her calling in life

also. these stories... IF ONLY IT IS THAT EASY TO LOSE FAT... GIMME SOME OF THAT HAHAHHAHAAA

Wee

I would appreciate this more, if they showed her as thin from the start. This toxic implication that people notice and love you when you become thin is disappointing.

It’s really sad how there’s pretty art for bad stories and average art for great stories.

Bruh wtf, the fat melted off her like butter. Thats some bullshit. At least leave her fat for awhile. She needs character development, now everyone will be like who this??

lol she quite literally melts away
andd i think she was pretty before the melting also she wasn't that fat in my opinion at least

HER FLESH MELTED LMAOOO
WISH ALL CHARACTERS LOST WEIGHT THIS QUICKLY LOLOLOL
oh btw aren't irene and the blonde brother illegitimate ? since the duke has dark hair

Users who are viewing this thread