I Belong to House Castiello

UnknownSaint111 but Lucas is a adult too (200 years I think) and knows Athy ever since she was little. Lucas just assume a kid form, but he isn't.
Here they know each other since she has 11. Athy and Lucas since when she has 5 or something.

Don't get me wrong, it's just that this example doesn't suit your point.

I have this on tappytoon and... Must say, definitely not worth it. Started off promising and just went downhill. See you guys on a different series ):

Dex-chan lover
So I just binge read this series. Is there a need to have isekai/Tensei protagonist? I don't feel the author really did much with that background of hers. Was it even needed?

And about the main love interest:
Does anyone else find it creepy that the love interest is the knight that is at least 20 years older than her?

I am a bit bothered that Estelle isnt mature for a reincarnated person. It was ok for her to be a child in the begining, but after that time skip of officially an ""adult"" she really didnt grew up.
Then the romance that's going is quiet annoying.
Yup dropping this. Thank you translator who work hard to share the series. I know its not my cup of tea but there are others who enjoy this series.

Dex-chan lover
@CraniumAmbiguity so far it's been completely unnecessary. i'm waiting for when it plays a role but i doubt it'll happen. i think it was just to lure readers in since isekai is popular

I got into this story because her interactions with her family where nice and she genially looked like a girl who had gone through bad things and was finally going to catch a break. The art is also nice and her other relationships were genuinely sweet in the beginning. Unfortunately I was disappointed that even though she had these experiences she is still portrayed as innocent. After going through all of the things I feel people usually lose that naiveness. It also made me really uncomfortable that her love interests are older than her by several years and since they actually saw her growing up that didnt sit well with me. Like others mentioned thats pretty shady and honestly is like grooming since they had access to how she grew up.

The only aspect that I enjoyed about this manhwa is the art. The main complaints have been raised by others already:
- Estelle does not have any impact from her previous life. It helped her remember something useful perhaps once in the last 87 chapters I've read. She behaves like a child when she is meant to be a grown woman inside. The author must have forgotten about this or ignored this plot device completely. I think it is a disgrace to the isekai genre
- The romance being set up between her and the other guy is very uncomfortable and forced.
The age gap is not the only problem, it is the fact that there is nothing indicating why she would fall for him other than the fact that he was physically there for her. He did not show any romantic feelings for her at any point.
- The pacing of the story is very jarring. The plot jumps; it does not elaborate on things that are important or significant and dwells too long on faces or scenes that do not seem to have any purpose on the plot other than for the readers to appreciate a nicely drawn face.
- It is hard to feel any connection to any of the characters due to flat characterisation and too many people introduced. If you compare to other similar stories like Who made me a princess, the difference is stark. The character's behaviours do not make sense and they all behave like puppets following a predictable script. I definitely did not feel that their behaviours are relatable.
- I much rather see more relationship development between her and her new family. There was hardly any depiction of how her relationship with her family changes over time. All the scenes trying to show some sort of bonding moment was all very forced and rushed. Estelle was shown to have two moments of discomfort and insecurity in her new home before getting comfortable being pampered and doted on. It is very inconsistent with the storyline of a neglected and abused child coming out of their shell.
- The lack of a genuine and meaningful romance development really kills the story further, in addition to everything above.

Overall, I gave this a good go but my feelings of disappointment was only magnified with each chapter. It is hard to make a great story that is executed well, and I think this story is just one of those flops, unfortunately.

Unpopular opinion, but I think this manhwa is pretty good. It’s true that there’s no use in the isekai/reincarnation part of the story, and the age gap thing is hella weird, but overall this story is NOT a romance story. Sure this story may not be good as some other manhwa, but it’s definitely decently drawn and written and definitely in no way a bad manhwa. I feel like there’s some parts that some people can’t get past and other people can overlook. Like the romance in this is hella weird, but the focus was never on romance in the first place? It’s mostly about a well done story about a girl growing up with her family so I don’t really get annoyed by this. I don’t care if all y’all are about to drop this but I’m just writing this so the people who are looking for reviews know that this story isn’t terribly done as everyone in this comment section is making it out to be.

Hey everyone, you can check out even more episodes of I Am a Child of This House here: http://www.mangago.me/read-manga/i_am_a_child_of_this_house/

Your welcome!

As a sucker for those family type mangas, the beginning of this was enjoyable. However, that's it in terms of what I enjoyed.
- The romance that is supposed to happen between her and "you know who" is a big turn off for me since he always seemed more of a big brother figure to Estelle.
- It's dull, the recent chapters have gotten more interesting but I skipped maybe 10 chapters until I got to this point.
Ill keep reading it but honestly not expecting much anymore but props to the scanlation team, it's well done.

Maybe I’m being stupid but wasn’t it confirmed that Emiel is only like 6 or so years older? Like he was 18 or so at the start? The power difference makes it weird, and does her current age, but if that’s the actual age difference.... it’s not that horrific? Seriously, it depends on what age Emiel actually is

holy shit our little princess is brutal, definitely a castiello kid, used herself as a bait then drowned all her enemy. Ice cold
i couldnt wait and checked the spanish version coz english one is lagging.

Also yes emiel isnt rly that much older than estelle, its the situation of growing up with a big brother figure that ended up as a crush is what's irking people.

Also the isekai aspect of this; pretty much blatantly baiting isekai fans at least from the what the current chapters shows since it has no effect at all to the story other than minor things. Tbh without it the story would be just as good.

The author keeps concealing information about the world that leads to the plot meandering and pretty much very little happening over 80 chapters. Very poor pacing and a pretty non existent plot.
The lack of world building is a major flaw. The information is there, but is being concealed from both the MC and the readers. Shoddy writing. I can't believe this has a rating of 8.5

This toped with the "if i lose this i will cry"

The pacing is kind of weird but people dont notice that the entire story is from estelle pov, we know very little about the world because she herself knows very little (not that it helps).

i just took a look at the covers today
and like is the ML emiel?
someone pls confirm or throw weird speculations too idmind

Users who are viewing this thread