I Married the Male Lead's Dad

Thanks for all the work Asura Scans.
Sad to see this go into the "chapters being held back" section of the world.

While I did enjoy reading both scans and am thankful for their translations, the competition was cancerous.
It's no different watching irrational teenage k-pop stans? or republicans vs. democrats demanding one another to pick a side.
There shouldn't be sides at all.
No contracts were signed, no one has the 'right' to the ownership and reproduction of any comics here.
No one obtained licenses to have exclusive rights to who can scan. And if they did get licensing rights, go ahead and complain as much as you want. Anyone can translate at their own expense. This is risky freely done work knowing that anyone can be sued at any moment.

If you prefer one's translation/quality/etc over another, that's fine. But no one should be berating and trashing someone over something like this. That person/group put the same effort as much as any other group. Who knows? They could be practicing to become a better scanlator or learning a new language. And about the pacing: everyone has their own situation. Loyal people who like your work will wait to read or will come back for yours. Attention and numbers don't matter.

If you don't like what you see, just ignore it - It's as simple as that.
No one is exclusive and no need for whining and starting a war.

@meijune Actually Sawa consistently releases at a pretty quick and steady pace. If you don't believe me, you can look at how they released the first 7? chapters of this, before Asura was releasing, in a matter of days. I've read other series they've released and I've seen them release 5 chapters in a day etc. Asura's pace is only what it is because they don't even bother to translate (not even saying clean and redraw) sfx and subtexts. They exerted a certain amount of energy into this series especially because they're trying to discourage the other team. Otherwise no one would release 15+ chapters in 24hrs because it's not sustainable or realistic.

Just like I thought, you silly people really look at Asura releasing 2858836 chapters in a couple of days and assume it's a good thing and admirable instead setting an unhealthy expectation for scanlating teams

I do not usually involve myself in translator drama (because I am a silent reader), but I just wanted to comment on one thing... Sawateam really handled this situation immaturely. In the recent chapter (Ch 22) posted by Sawateam, I am not sure if they were honestly thanking Asura, but I got the impression that it was their intention to be sarcastic. This comment was just not the way to end this issue. HOWEVER, this is only my impression and I know that I am not involved in this matter in any way. I just wanted to comment about it, so hopefully, if a similar issue like this occurs in other scanlating works, teams can discuss it between/within the parties involved and not make it public. I want to be able to read a manhwa feeling excited or annoyed, but not from the scanlating group drama but because of the actions of the characters in the story. If groups want to leave endnotes, then by all means go ahead, but keep it about happy news or about serious issues happening within the translating community.

All in all, I (WE) all appreciate the work both groups have done to get the chapters completed and posted. You bring us an amazing story to enjoy and for that I wholeheartedly thank you!

Damn, props to Asura. Handled this waaaayyy more maturely than Sawa. Was very unnecessary for Sawa to react in the way they did (Chap 22) and while I understand it must be a frustrating situation to see someone else "sniping" your project (although it was evident that that was not the case), it did not warrant the drama that ensued.

Either way, thanks to both teams for your work so far.

@Lynevern I think it should be noted, however, that while Sawa's behavior was immature, Asura is quite a bit at fault for beginning this by posting after the first chapter was posted by Sawa. Now again, some may argue not necessarily a snipe, however, Asura has a massive history of doing this in the past such as with I've Become the Villainous Empress of a Novel , and a couple others such as Saving the Villain Who Was Abandoned by the Female Lead . Now some may argue that they also sniped Death is the Only Ending, I disagree though, since Bucci Gang left it alone for over three months, and as far as I know didn't say a word about it. There's also the incident where they took Endless Journey's chapters and posted it on their own site: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/583726748802482196/755877179677605970/image0.png. And then later denying it ever happened. That said, I do think a lot of people fall into the trap that Asura's the victim, or that Asura's the professional group. Because of their past behavior I believe that to be entirely false. In this situation, while their language and communication was far more professional, their behavior was not, considering that Sawateam did post first (6 days earlier). Again, Sawateam did not professionally as I believe they should have, but Asura's not a victim nor innocent either.

Double-page supporter
asura has class , while sawateam has none. Quite pathetic honestly.

@RB_02 Your image link doesn't work :(

That said, I do think a lot of people fall into the trap that Asura's the victim, or that Asura's the professional group.
YES 100%. I used to really support Asura's work, and while I still appreciate their efforts, the way they handled this was very gaslighty. They acted innocent like they were the bigger person and tried to sweep the things they did under the rug. Asura is NOT the victim here and both teams can grow up a bit.

Thank you to both Sawateam and Asura for all the hard work you put into it until now.

Sawateam ya'll created unnecessary drama though. Anyways, this was a nice enough series, sad to be dropping this but all the negativity ain't worth it.

Awwww I honestly don't want Asura to stop translating this. I'm reading both translations. Because they see each other as competition, we're getting updates faster than most on this project.

What i hate from the english translate community because of the mindset that only one team that allowed to translate, there is really rare webtoons or mangas that got translate fast. I hope sawa team keep their words for update weekly

Double-page supporter
scanlator drama aside, anyone got eng ver of the novel? it's so good and abel is so cute i just need moarrr

Thank you for both teams for translating this, you guys did the most amazing thing for us readers 🤗. Now both fans need to stop adding fuel to the fire, and just be grateful and appreciate what we have 😘

i wonder if the ml is ever gonna realize the fl’s true feelings or maybe she’ll fall for him before he can

thank u both teams for translating this!! we appreciate it🥰 I'm glad a compromise is reached (kind of) and i really dont think any of the teams are at fault other than both should've discussed this personally jnstead of replying thru releases. still good for us readers we're the one who kinda benefitted thru this. hopefully the updates will be consistent! excited to see the rest of the story unfold🥰

Users who are viewing this thread