I Reincarnated as a White Pig Noble's Daughter from a Shoujo Manga

Supporter
This made me interested in reading the novels, but there are soooo many novels in my list to read. I'll never be able to read them all TT______TT

@lunectar Thanks a lot! I think I've read a few of those and they slipped my mind, but a lot of these are new to me, so much appreciated.

Aggregator gang
I have read the WN couple of years ago...
If I'm right this series is a good one worth reading.

@lunectar @advisory

I pursued through your list. I have to say your implied definition is quite broad, but also understandable in making the connection. Some are shared via being "Otome Isekai". Some are more fantasy genere reincarnation but one can see they are in the same category despite a different foundation.

Except one of them is stand quite different from the others. It still shares its same mechanic - timeloop versus isekai/reincarnation and setting is still some medieval-based fantasy world. But almost all the others are generally fluffier/light-hearted/happier in tone. Not that there's no drama or seriousness, but oh boy I took a look at "My Fiance is in Love with My Little Sister" but that name doesn't quite sound fluffy. So I took a look and I gotta warn that one is not one to pick up if you looking for something in the vein of Bararina or even or the more serious Duke's Daughter.

Currently on Novel Updates, some readers can't bare it so much that some are just trying to follow the forum thread for summarized updates allowing for full on spoilers rather than read the chapters with all the suffering in detail and accuracy.

Group Leader
@RhoninFire Oops you got me, I did put a few tragedy novels/mangas in my list, just because I like them a lot. I should probably warn those who don't want to drown their pillow in their river of tears. If you're only looking for fluffy/cute romance with no painful tragic moments or serious tone, you should avoid these:

My Fiance is in Love with My Little Sister (this is really sad, I shed at least one tear every chapter, even when I reread it. I just want her to be happy ;_;
It will get better though, I don't read the raws but I can see a small light in this pit of darkness.
)
(Random manga) Three Days of Happiness
I'm sorry, Brother!
The Probability I Can Kill My Wife Without Being Found Out
A Game To Make Him Fall (this should be read after ^)
Falling In Love With the Villainess
The Wolf Lord’s Lady

This list ascends from very tragic to less (based on my opinion).
Some aren't as bad as the first one, the first one is a different case where it's painful every chapter, whereas the others for a few chaps. Nevertheless, I definitely recommend reading these (maybe not the first one if you have a really weak heart).
But every one of them that are finished have a happy ending, you just gotta endure the painful journey (totally worth it tho).

And these are just a bit to the serious side, but not particularly tragic or anything, may not be up your alley if you only want fuwa fuwa dream-like shoujo stories:
It Seems Like I Got Reincarnated Into The World of a Yandere Otome Game
(Random manga) The Pharmacist's Soliloquies (there's a hint of romance, but not very romantic (unless you're satisfied with the tidbits of fanservice here and there (like me)))

@advisory No problem!

BCS

Dex-chan lover
I for one don't think redrawing "effects" is needed at all. If you really want you can just make a note between panels what it says, though usually even that much is not needed since it's obvious from context.

Has this become a trend to publish annoyingly short chapters ?
I seem to see more and more mangas with 6-10 pages per chapter.....
Or is this the result of scanlation groups dividing the chapters to facilitate their work ?

Group Leader
@HavocRL the chapters are just this short to our knowledge but they get longer later for this manga in particular (when and if we do end up cutting them shorter we’ll leave a note at the end). I think it’s become a bit of a trend to publish shorter chapters tbh.

@Anonymous_Kitty I'm okay if you want to release the partial chapters, but I'd recommend overhauling the uploads later to consolidate them into whole chapters if you could. Especially when it's so many sub-chapters. At least something like Kumo desu ga is only 2-3 parts and they're at least 12-15 pages long. Some of these are only like 6 pages when you cut out the memes.

So I've read up thru around Ch100 of the LN so far, my impression:
The story seems to be plotted out fairly well up to the point where Merrill is introduced and the 'manga' begins, as it happens at exactly chapter 100. I found it to be entertaining up to that point. Once Merrill is introduced, it seems to lose focus, however. Suddenly Britney finds out there's another person who regained their memories in the southern country, Merrill is immediately offputting and in everyone's faces, and it's contrived that most of the main cast are now traveling down to visit the southern country despite all their duties and obligations. And of course the person with their memories back is a prince and wants her to throw away everything and marry him down in the southern country.

@mimicking I think each part roughly translates to one chapter of the LN and they're rolled up into a smaller number of manga chapters, yes.

I'll eat up every corny otome isekai cliche this manga throws at me, but that her frilly dresses noble fantasy world doesn't know what soap is? My suspension of disbelief is at its limit.

I'll eat up every corny otome isekai cliche this manga throws at me, but that her frilly dresses noble fantasy world doesn't know what soap is? My suspension of disbelief is at its limit.
@android099
The scale she uses throws things a bit out of whack if it's mechanical but if they're using magic it's not entirely unbelievable that their country was somehow more slow to adopt widespread use of soap. Depending on the history of her country it's entirely possible that they might not value personal hygiene in the same way our society does.

Dex-chan lover
When a manga artist says to go read the novel because they can't do a 100% recreation of what's in the novel...

Users who are viewing this thread