I Reincarnated as a White Pig Noble's Daughter from a Shoujo Manga

Most people actually are happier and treated better if you lose weight??? it's also healthier to not be obese or overweight, being at a normal level is the best.

A world with no soap, YIKES. That's the true horror of that world. You know in real life there's been soap or at least soap like products sense ancient Babylon. Also in Medieval time soap making was considered a pretty good profession. Britney says she's smelly, but every should reek if there was no soap up till now. Was there even any detergent for clothes?

apparently the LN's art was done by the same artist that does bakarina... I will keep my eye out on this

Contributor
I feel like the messaging in this is pretty nasty (albeit not entirely unexpected), as if her being overweight is the most significant thing about her. The "current weight = xx kg" tag at the end of each chapter really drives the feeling of unhealthy obsession with weight home, and the way she approached weight-loss near the beginning is downright anorexic (it's sort of not covered much thereafter). But the manga(ka?) thinks this is all good and admirable, it seems.

I mean, that's all in-character for Japan, inveterate fat-shaming society that it is, so not exactly surprising, but it's still a bit awful.

Other than that, it's a fun read.

(It should be noted I don't really have an objection to the way the people in the manga act, their various cruelties and insecurities on the subject seem about right; rather it's how the author frames it—which things are casually presented as "bad" and "good" and/or "justified"—that raises my hackles.)

The constant reminders of her weight (literally at least once every page, normally 2-3 times per page) are so distracting, unnecessary, and cruel. I find the messaging distasteful but no matter how you feel about fat-shaming, the constant oinking sounds are just obscene and straight up annoying. Literally the least attractive thing about her isn't her weight but her galling lack of awareness and appalling lack of self-confidence. The love interest is ridiculously unlikeable too. I tried giving it a fair shot but it's just completely unreadable

Wild seeing a comment section of a comedy manga where people get bent out of shape over a character trying to lose weight in an exaggerated comedic fashion. Forgot it's 2020 and anything that puts being morbidly obese in a bad light is evil lol.

People also forget this is from Japan which are pretty fat phobic to begin with so I don't get why anyones even remotely surprised. Something like 33% of Americans are overweight, I assume the same for Europe. Only like what, 3% of Japanese are fat? Like of course they have an easier time bagging on fat people than us, some of them can go their whole lives not even seeing a fat person in real life lol, you might as well be a myth.

wait. what fat shaming? i thought the main character just wanted to lose weight? What's wrong with you people. Of course you would want to see your progress when you work out...

This comment section is weird.

For once I love how the mc isn't suddenly slim in 2 chapters but we see her hard work and progress. I kinda like how this story is being told.

Hope to see more chapters soon~♡

Honestly I really like this manga. As a heavy person myself I'm not upset with the fat shaming. She wants to improve herself and puts the work towards it. Yeah body positivity would be nice but it's still a good manga.
Also love the sleep walking in this. I sleep walk and have gone in search of bars before.

People seem to not understand what is so offensive about this manga. Working hard to better one's self is a good thing that should be applauded. Talking about being fat is smelly, gross, and insulting to the person who has to look at you is fuuuuuuucked up.

Users who are viewing this thread