I Shall Survive Using Potions! - Vol. 4 Ch. 18

Contributor
Everything is good, search and destroy, no pity for the invaders. Gj Kaoru, kill them all by any means. ?

Thanks for the double update.

To the people shouting "warcrime". We can't really call these warcrimes. Destroying supplies is a valied war tactic. Weaken the enemy to kill him quick later.
This would only be a warcrime if it were done civilians or done without necessity. In a fight against a prepared, determined enemy would be justified. Or what, is being too hungry or thirsty to kill a tragic circumstance to impose on another.

As for the chemical warfare argument, what do you call tear gas? Her potion was something like laxative + a nauseating agent, hardly lethal. People suffocate faster in tear gas.

And come on, most of us would have done absolute worse given the chance and the motive. The lengths we go to protect the people, community and nations we love. That's how all warcrimes start. Misplaced love.

Dex-chan lover
@BigJoe4243

That's not the warcrime part. Cutting off supply is standard warfare tactic.

Using poison and biological attacks against soldiers IS a warcrime. Sure, not by their standards (used to be a popular tactic - get some rotting carcasses onto catapults and pelt a castle or town with them to either force them out or try and spreading some disease to kill off/weaken defenders), but Kaoru comes from a pacifistic Japan so she should recognize or at least feel SOME remorse over using diseases to fight enemy.

And she's not using equivalent of tear gas to neutralize enemy relatively harmlessly. It's more like using airborne viruses to cause diarrhea and vomiting, both potentially lethal for soldiers marching in hot temperatures with gear. She's not even doing it to protect her people, and if she has such advanced potion-creating skills then she could've dealt with them in MUCH better ways. Like, I dunno, Tanglefoot Bags that would impede their movement and force them to drop armor and gear they've lost, or something to knock them out and render unconscious forcing to retreat.

What she's doing right now is basically torture. I can't believe Kaoru got THAT attached to the country to make hundreds or thousands of people suffer like that...

@chickenduy

Scorched earth tactic means burning your crops and destroying water supplies, sure. It doesn't mean "use magical potions to induce vomit and diarrhea. There's little difference between this and biological warfare, using germs to induce those symptoms.

Is causing vomiting and the poops on soldiers a warcrime?

I thought those rules was to protect the civilians. Her potion making is pretty OP, Im pretty sure she can clear/cleanse/purify the wells after the ruckus.

@Abedeus

Under the Hague Declaration Concerning Asphyxiating Gases 1899, Hague Convention on Land Warfare 1907 and the Geneva Protocol the use of tear gas would technically be a war crime. Most nations however are willing to overlook this because of how little damage tear gas does.

Dex-chan lover
If this series.. get drop just bc... war crime in fictional world....

that's just to much... but yeah...

Dex-chan lover
Military buffs out there?
Is this situation called scorched earth tactics?

Medically speaking, the way they did their warfare is much more cruel than just using poison to kill them outright.

Vomiting and diarrhoea would most likely be fatal in their circumstance.

@scripted almost, scorched earth also makes terrain difficult to move through, e.g. destroy roads so vehicles can't blaze through or place obstacles like fallen trees
"Any assets that could be used by the enemy may be targeted, for example food sources, water supplies, transportation, communications, industrial resources, and even the locale's people themselves."

I don't think kaoru commited warcrimes, unless the napalm bombardment wasn't lethal enough and caused them to suffer longer than needed.
Making the well impotable doesn't have to be a warcrime, as she can probably fix it with a potion when the villagers return and besides the invaders aren't forced to drink from it, it's not like it was the well under their control in their base(sabotage) but only a random village well.

Group Leader
@AdraX Sorry dude, no clue.

@passepartout39 Sorry dude, it doesn't. It gets worse.

@AbuHajaar Sorry dude, guess I'm a capitalist now. (Love your jokes btw).

@olbi4 Yeah dude, shit's hilarious.

@art17 Sorry dude, there's no hiatus, just like @amaisuika says. The cliffhanger is probably from chapter 19 or something, Not like it matters. Chapter 19 is a dumpster truck full of all of the Imperial Army's diarrhea on fire. Say goodbye to any semblance of this being a decent manga.

@ConBruh Sorry dude, sorry I had to show you the truth. Enjoy freedom, I'll envy you.

Dex-chan lover
@Halfshadows

I see, thanks. Didn't know even tear gas would count as such, because yeah, it's not as lethal as sarin gas or other inhumane chemical attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread