I Shall Survive Using Potions! - Vol. 4 Ch. 18

@KitsuVonKraft Logistics, logistics logistics my friend! Since they were carrying all the food and supplies on them, I'm assuming that the invaders were already going to be cutting things very thin to start with, so they probably didn't have any spare supplies in the event of the destruction of just a fraction. Although the sheer incompetence of the invaders is a weak point, who doesn't send scouts over the overreaches of a mountain to prevent partisan activity? That's the standard playbook for any occupying force! As for the poisoned water, well, there isn't enough military to actually confront them, so the suffering to the enemy troops can be put under necessary. Truthfully, the better definitions of war crimes can be found in the Hague Conventions... lets see...

** Article 23
Besides the prohibitions provided by special Conventions, it is especially prohibited:--

To employ poison or poisoned arms; **

Well damn...

@KitsuVonKraft If you think about it in the sense that they attacked the front of the logistics and managed to isolate them from reinforcements, it doesn't seem too odd. Coupled with the fact that it was a narrow passageway and that this might be the first time they've encountered fire bombs/explosives the chances of this happening are pretty good since the whole point of this wasn't to cause damage but to cut off their supply after all. One should really wonder how the soldiers came out unscathed from their attack- one could argue that they ran away after the first barrage of explosions but that seems too much of an asspull.

@madx1 I mean if she literally just put shit in the well she'd be in the all clear since that avoids the whole potion poison aspect, but I'd imagine that would be harder to purify than just slipping in diarrhea potions and dropping in a cure down the well after the war.

War crime or not. If the MC claims that she wants a peaceful resolution that avoids death then she’ll be the biggest hypocrite.

Diarrhea and vomiting sounds painful but relatively harmless until you realize that excessive diarrhea effectively eliminates water from your body and if you don’t hydrate yourself properly it can be fatal. Except their only watersource is contaminated and drinking it would cause even more vomiting and diarrhea.

Essentially cholera yes, except there is no escape if all water sources are contaminated. This could potentially lead to more death than if they actually fought.

@masmium Maybe the well is a potion bottle. After all, the definition of a potion bottle can apparently be changed in such an arbitrary way that if she takes a four out of her head a regeneration potion will rain down from the sky.
Perhaps putting the cap back on it will make it disappear as well. Or the poison only last while the body is uncapped.

Better yet, she can make potions expire... so it probably will just expire in 5 days. Heck, perhaps there is a healing element to keep them from going past the verge of death (ultimate torture technique. Potion of undying).

Fed-Kun's army
Wait, so if you want to write a story that takes place before the Geneva convention, you have to remove all actions that constitute war crimes? So a Viking story line without raping and pillaging?

Fed-Kun's army
@AdraX Isn't that Eve from Although I am only level 1, but with this unique skill, I am the strongest?

Dex-chan lover
>mfw people are mad about war crimes
139927.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
No actual war crimes here, not from Kaoru anyway. All the civilians were evacuated, so the removal of all foodstuffs is not depriving any civilians as they would have taken all the food to provide for the civilians they evacuated, same for the water, no civilians left so poisoning the well does not effect any civilians as long as they put the well right before returning them to their homes. Poisoning the well is also not technically in violation of the Geneva convention in and of itself, the "poison" used causes no more discomfort than simply drinking water that does not agree with you and no injury or suffering directly results from it beyond that. Any deaths that result from these (the use of "poison" or the removal of foodstuffs to provide for the evacuated) is actually to be placed on the commander leading the soldiers to such a death as he is 1) attempting to pillage, and 2) forcing the 'wounded' further into enemy territory instead of getting them medical treatment. Additionally, they are hiding behind a religious institution and marched an army right through what is essentially that world's Vatican.
If you put Kaoru in front of the tribunal she would be found innocent on both charges. That commander would not be nearly so lucky though. Of course, in the first place, the whole idea rides on whether or not said tribunal is held internationally or domestically, and even before that, whether or not the countries are actually party to such a convention.

people mad about the well poisoning thing. you guys are underestimating Kaoru potion powers.

but dont worry, after this war you guys will know the truth too :)

@firefish5000
I never even considered temporary immortality as a possibility, how fucking disgusting. I love it.

@AbuHajaar
It's fun to autism over things and also,
Assad did nothing wrong

> translating out of spite
sounds like somebody's about to be ex-communist-ed.
Thanks for the TL though!

Contributor
Just saying that all y'all that are saying these aren't warcrimes haven't read the bolded text that clearly says that they are.

@Kisato
Aside from the fact that the convention obviously doesn't exist in that alternative world, the provisions do not apply in the first place. Your own citiziens in your own country not occupied by the other party are not protected (from you). It would be rather strange if the conventions forbade activities during war which would - presumably - be legal given sufficient justification if done in peace time.
Think of a fictional country that treats it's citizens worse than protected persons required by the conventions. Now let some other country declare war. Does the convention then suddenly force the country to treat its own citizens better? Of course, it doesn't.

Double-page supporter
That tactic don't work against modern army see Gate with the JSDF as illustrated example.

Fed-Kun's army
Going by history, its obvious that it isn't war crime only if the perp is bringing democracy and freedom.

@DrWhoCares Don't take it personally. I love your work and I'm grateful, thank you a lot.

I'm just saying I didn't enjoy this chapter because everyone except Kaoru became retarded.

Users who are viewing this thread