I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home. - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

All three of the women we have been introduced to are "bad people" in that they are manipulative in different ways. But Gotou is definitely the worst offender so far. She only got involved and told the MC she liked him when she suspected that the MC was going out with another woman. She looks nice but she really is manipulative based on the MCs observations and her own actions If Gotou is as truly manipulative as I think she is and this story is going how I think; she is going to act either like a victim or a martyr when she tries to do "the right thing" for the MC by getting Sayu to leave.

I don't entirely understand all of the hate towards this character. She's not a psychopath just because she turned someone down and then sought them out after of their own volition, farthest thing from it. And she's not a whore, she explicitly stated that herself by telling the main character that she's a virgin and doesn't have much dating experience.

Yeah, what she did wasn't very cool of her, but she's an overly cautious person. She's willing to risk burning meat rather than get a stomach ache. As in, she's willing to risk losing a love interest until she's absolutely sure that the time is right.

And just putting yourself in her shoes, wouldn't you find it odd or a deal breaker if the person that you were romantically interested in told you that, oh, by the way, they've got a young member of the opposite sex living at home that doesn't pay rent and no, they're not blood related in the slightest. From the comments I'm seeing, it seems that if it was a woman with a young guy at home, you'd all probably find issue with it.

Also the questions she's asking NEED to be asked by someone. He doesn't have the balls to ask these questions because he's too nice. Isn't that one of the reasons that the other girls like him from work? He's nice, considerate, and caring. All of these traits means he's easily taken advantage of, especially by a young girl in need. So far she hasn't done anything outright mean or bad to her. She's just asking her simple questions, "Has he raped you?"/"Are you giving him sex in return for shelter?", and "When are you actually leaving?". Nothing outrageous so far.

So yeah, I really don't know what the problem here is. So far she's just being a normal human being with regrets and worries.

Double-page supporter
That gotou is just bad person, why meddling into someone's life and expecting something from someone if u alone should fix ur own life first, trying to monopolize MC, when earlier rejecting him and expecting him to accept u after few months, then having problem with Sayu tho she did nothing bad actually, it is illegal to let underaged girl live in ur house without parents permission etc. but it's her own problem so why meddle into their relationship, her life, what she (gotou) did wasn't right, if she's so called friend or future lover of MC then she should trust his choice and judgement. MC did nothing wrong to Sayu, Sayu to MC either, the only bad person here is f*cking manipulative BITCH gotou.

Double-page supporter
@voidy
I agree with what your points about Gotou, however, everyone else in the comments think that she is manipulating the MC and is really just a bitch that wants attention. Hence, when she sees the MC start showing signs of interaction with another women, she gets jealous over it. Why would you reject someone you have a crush on, no matter how cautious you are, and blame the fact that it was at a specific point in time and still expect that to be a valid reason to reject someone unless she was bullshitting about liking him the entire time. However, we aren't completely sure if this is the type of person she is (although she sadly permeates that sort of slimy bitch aura in this most recent chapter) yet people in the comments are jumping the gun.

Double-page supporter
@TitanAnteus
Fantastic job summarising the characters. I completely agree with your points, and I believe it's what makes this manga really good. The author has clearly thought up pros and cons for all the heroines and made them very life like. although my innate feeling is telling me that the MC truly deserves batter than the available characters, my mind is telling me the author will do anything but. I guess that's the way life is.

@voidy She has no right to ask those questions though... she lied to the MC so she won't go out with him, at that moment she lost any right to ask the MC's personal life, call the cops on them, sure, you are afraid that she might be taken advantage of, or the other way around, but she herself outright telling the MC that oh actually I like you but instead of trying things out when I got the chance I'm tellingyou now because if I don't you might be takenn away fromm me, in other words I don't want to be with you, but I don't want to see you with anyone else either, and that is bullshit, that's the worst thing anyone could do to the person who loves them, instead of trying things out and actually trying to make it work, you just watch from the shadows and do nothing for the person, and take away the person's possible happiness. In that regard she is the worst, now of course thoose questions need to be asked, but not by her.

And you say she is willing to lost a love interest, but that's not true no matter how you look at it, if she were truly willing than she wouldn't have confessed the way she did.

Dex-chan lover
@voidy her timing is just suspicious tbh
like, if she's so cautious of picking the right person, why 'pick' him now? it's like she noticed that our mc started to move on from her rejection, that's why she 'confessed' to him, to get his attention back

with that assumed motive in mind, all she did afterward doesn't seem that pure anymore, like she did all of this not because she's a good person, but just because she's jealous

there's still no good reason why she pick this time to 'confess' to mc, tbh

Quite frankly the best thing the guy could do at this point is fake his own death to nuke this shit-show of a "love"-quadrangle he's in.

seems like Gotou have that possesive toxic character that will make stuff happen just to her amusement with "carrot and stick", but including as much stick as possible and almost no carrot

Fed-Kun's army
No matter how people put it, I still can't accept Gotou's way of doing things. It looks like she taking advantages of Yoshida's feeling for her, while keeping her distance, and intruding his and Sayu life because he have other girl close by.

I kind of understand why she ask Sayu that questiom, because their living-together is very risky for Yoshida, but i think she doesn't have the right to ask about it behind Yoshida.

Dex-chan lover
Gotou reminding us of the traditional saying about the dog in the manger.
Also, to our mc naivety, please a round of applause in the face.

Fed-Kun's army
@mage_goo
There's some girl who thinks that by her rejecting someone/her crush, she encourages him to try "harder" to approach her. Clearly it's stupid move, but this is kinda exist in real life. Let's say that she doesn't have "bad" motive, then she's like the case that I mention. She thought by her rejecting the MC, he would try harder but instead somehow he focused on other girl. So she gets flustered and confesses to him before "it's too late."
Not defending her, but we still don't understand her motive about why suddenly she had the move.

I like how there are arguments on whether the characters' actions (i.e. Gotou and Sayu) are right or not. In my opinion, this kind of shows good writing.

Well, let's say we got new drama where the High School Girl can't decided if she going to stay or not, and then she choose to go back.

MC will talk about it to Gotou, and he quite happy with his relationship with Gotou. And when he confessed to her for the 2nd time, Gotou friendzone him again. Yess.. I want that!!

I really want to see MC face when he realize how naive and stupid he is with his choice. LoL..

@Omegacalgar

You know whats fucked up. My good friend was played like this once before. He once told a girl that he liked her and she rejected him. So after a few months of moping around. He finally found a new girl that he liked and was going to ask her out. (she liked him as well, she was a friend of my girlfriend along with the chick that turned down my friend) But when that chick, that turned down my friend, found out that he was going to ask the other girl out and she felt the same way about him. She told him that she liked him back and just so he would forget about the other girl. She told my gf that she only did that so he could be a backup just in case a few other guys dont work out. LIKE WTF IS THAT!

I don't like how he just told her about Sayu and then let her come over. Especially since she lied to him about having a boyfriend. Now she's just grilling Sayu about her situation. She's not even with him yet and already trying to get Sayu to leave.

Users who are viewing this thread