I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home. - Vol. 5 Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
@jokerxhisoka Yup but since we have to continue the drama there can't be logical reasoning here so absolutely no one heard them shouting about that lol.

At least half the people in this comment section doesn't understand how messed up the Japanese legal system is. The Ex is literally untouchable in this situation. Anything the MC does beyond words would backfire on him. Calling the cops would get him in more trouble than the actual criminal.

Additionally, Japanese societal values are twisted. Scummy people get away with anything as long as they keep up appearances. If it appears someone is doing something questionable (like harboring a JK) they are guilty in the eyes of everyone, even if he hasn't done anything wrong.

That's why the MC is in such a right spot. In America, he'd stand a chance as long as the Ex didn't have a Grade A lawyer. In Japan? Fat chance of being able to actually fix the situation. I don't even know if this would be fixed by finding Sayu's actually parents, considering there's been no evidence of them looking for her. She even got a job without issue.

Fed-Kun's army
MC isn't exactly a paragon of dealing with confrontation. He kicks out the Fuckboi and wants to make sure that Fuckboi doesn't come back. He knows that if he starts throwing fists, he'll be the one getting in trouble (not to mention, Fuckboi is probably better in a fight, let's be honest. MC probably hasn't seen a gym in years.)

So MC engages Fuckboi.

Fuckboi is pissed. This guy just cost him his free pussy and now Fuckboi wants to hurt MC. Fuckboi knows that if *he* starts throwing fists, he'll be the one getting trouble (not to mention, MC is hyped up on adrenaline and clearly a little nuts.) So he uses what he's good at: Emotional Manipulation. So he starts spouting whatever bullshit he can to get under MC's skin. Clearly MC already hates him so the old "we're not so different" line will probably work. After all Fuckboi doesn't see himself as a rapist. All the girls he's fucked agreed to it. And that cliche does hurt MC, 'cause MC's got an overdeveloped sense of justice and as soon as he might be in anyway be in the wrong, he shuts down. Then Fuckboi spouts some more shit to make him feel better about himself and to make MC feel worse. Manipulative shit is a manipulative shit and, just like real life in a lot of cases, he gets away with it.

What a strange fight, feels like both sides have no clue what they are trying to reach. They both just say random garbage and the coworker with the job quitting thing makes 0 sense.

Group Leader
huh. I'm disappointed that no fists were thrown. Would've been good to beat the shit out of the ex.

While reading the cringe I end up imagining a scenario where you can punch him on the chin then outbalances himself and throw him from the balcony, then also jump to make a WWE move

For the people who are saying she can stay/wait until she is 18 so that she doesn't have to move back in with her parents or guardians, if it continues the way things are then wouldn't she technically be way worse off than a regular person at that age since she wouldn't even have a high school diploma? He may be helping her by getting her out of a bad situation (either staying with her parents/guardians and ending up in whatever situation made her run away in the first place, or repeatedly trading her body for a roof to stay under), but doing nothing but chores and part-time jobs is a very limiting future. Other guy does have a point in that the current situation really isn't taking responsibility for her, 'responsibility' being a very complex word. The laws about mandatory schooling is just one aspect of that responsibility that he is unfortunately shirking.

Also, I hope you people asking for protag to murder the guy understand that constantly asking for murder/violence/etc makes you look like manchildren. You guys are worse than the incels in making the comments a dumpster fire.

Fed-Kun's army
Basically the unkind version of what the work colleague was telling them.

O look, this guy was in the process of raping Sayu in my own house. Let me take him outside and have a conversation about whats right and wrong. Then somehow lose that conversation? That was the most nonsensical bs ive ever read. Imagine being such a pathetic mc, that you cant even out justify a rapist...

lmao MC you dumb. He was inside your legal, rightful abode. Don't argue, just beat the fuck out of the little shit in there and claim he intruded your home with intention to harm a minor in case cops appear. You have the girl to be your witness.

Dex-chan lover
@kira0080

You can't always win the argument and look like the cool person. It's also worth noting that a narcissist will never admit that they are in the wrong; they will warp the truth and project their wrong-doings onto you. This is what we saw in this argument.

Most people aren't clever or witty so I think this exchange was realistic in that it showcases being "pathetic" is more common than the alternative. Makes the character more relatable, in my opinion. Just food for thought.

Users who are viewing this thread