I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home.

Dex-chan lover
I wrote this at r/manga, but since I used such a ridiculous amount of time writing it, I just post it here too.
I sort of like that they have a platonic love thing going on. For me, it doesn't necessarily need to be a romantic ending. For them having a connection that's not lovers nor family, but them caring about each other as something more than friends is kind of beautiful. I'm not that fond of relationships where people are lonely and they're just licking each others' wounds, so I liked that he thinks their relationship is something more than just ameliorating loneliness in this chapter.
On the other hand, I think rejecting her as a lover would be wrong too. For him, having her as a lover is wrong because he wants to protect her, and if she's his lover he'd feel that he wouldn't be better than the other guys she's been sleeping with. But for her, who has lost all sense of self worth and is slowly building it up again, would probably feel that he is looking down on her because she's been sleeping around and that she isn't worth having as a lover. So this road questions the whole aspect of what value a person has. In my honest opinion, them realizing that they love each other and manage to get over their fears and prejudices would be beautiful too.
In the end, I feel like an ending where they are lovers would be the best option, but after a 2 year time skip or something so it wouldn't be immoral and illegal.
Having spoiled myself on what happens, her brother arrives and wants her to come back to her family. I think the light novel stops with a cliff hanger. But it would be really hard for Yoshida and Sayu to refuse, considering her brother can just contact the police to ruin them living together. So maybe more like a Toradora ending, where she goes back to live with her mother or other family, but leaves for MCs city when she's finished high school at 18.
I remember a sadpanda with about the same story as this, wouldn't surprise me if the light novel's inspiration was that manga. If anyone knows name of that sadpanda, I wouldn't be sad if you posted the name here, I've been searching for it but can't find it since I really don't remember name or artist.

@zameckis93
bro not everything is resolved through violence, plus in the MC's situation he's also in the wrong. If he had punch the rapist, he could have gotten himself reported and also will be charged for keeping an underage girl in his apartment. Both the MC and the rapist are in the wrong, nothing can justify them. Before dropping shit or saying shit about a manga, it's better for you to understand the whole point of it. He'll just make Sayu suffer even more by punching the rapist and got himself reported...

Dex-chan lover
The emotional resolution of that situation didn't sit well with me.

Dex-chan lover
The girl's had a rough past, and it's catching up to her. She's still at fault for inviting him to the house though.

MC is dumb. Just because he's similar in that he is sheltering her doesn't mean he's any way similar to him and he should affirm that clearly, not get shaken up like that. Such a wimp.

One of them is helping her to do a good deed, and is happy to do so even at their own detriment.
The other is seeking pleasure and taking advantage over others and would discard them once it becomes a liability.
It's not the same, and never be the same.

The guy leaving while all smug just pisses me off so much I'm considering dropping this if he appears again..which I have the feeling he will.

Can someone please explain why everyone thinks this manga is cringy? I've read through the comment sections of a few chapters and read everything posted so far but i can't see it

It is true that they both have different intentions and virtues. At least we can agree on that one. But it is also true that they both took a minor in because of there own self-interest and selfishness. And Mc agreed on the latter part.

In face of reality and society, feelings and emotions are usually useless. Nobody cares about a strangers quarrel (banter?), only when someone breaks the law. The mc realized the problem... He had to choose whether he “wants to or don’t want to” continue helping(let her free load).

Basically it’s all fun and games until the popos are involved.

I like his intentions but the execution is bad on his part. There are other ways to re-enact his plan. But i guess this is the plot of the story, people struggling, making choices and mistakes, how to reflect and grow on them (With the twist of the age gap). I’m kind of in a similar situation myself, maybe that’s why I both enjoyed and makes me think a lot of my current problems. 😅😅

Im gonna keep reading, but man its really easy to lose any engagement in the plot in the later chapters. Started off strong though

Damn i wanted to see that the MC go super saiyan on the other dude. Too bad this isnt an action manga.

Let's all realize.
She partly accepted.
Even if it's not allowed and morally wrong,
The MC thought about how she would feel. That's the reason he said "Are you ok with this" or something.
Y'all should realize
It ain't her first time.
Also,
He's not her guardian.

@ndk With the opposite gender it can look strange. If it's a situation like theirs. Really depends of the situation in the end

Dex-chan lover
@ndk It shouldn't be. In fact that's what we should all strive for.

Unfortunately in this case it's wrong because of the law. A shitty inflexible law. Japan has this problem.
It has good intentions behind it, but the road to hell is paved with those.

In this case, both of them would be punished for the same law regardless of intentions.
It also doesn't stop people from taking advantage of girls like Sayu, but it does stop people like MC from helping her. Not to mention that collage guy has it as somewhat of a leverage in this situation.
It's infuriating.

@ndk This a slightly disingenuous way to to frame this. The MC isn't just helping someone, he is helping a stranger off the streets, and not only is he helping her he's feeding her and giving her shelter. Most people would not do this, and if they did do this they would only do this for a few months at most. Like if Sayu was a male hobo, I'm willing to bet that more reader would understand how strange it is that the MC took Sayu in. Heck if you throw in the fact that what he is doing is potentially illegal it make his insistence on continuing doing this weirder. Keep in mind I'm not condemning the MC or anything just pointing out that his actions are strange.

Side note: The writer probably should have made the age gape nature more clear in the outset so that way we would have so many people complaining about the direction the manga.

Fed-Kun's army
I still enjoy this manga, I think it's really good. I'm only concerned about what happened to the art style in the latest chapter. Sayu suddenly got a lot older :')

Users who are viewing this thread